Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 01:01 PM

454 posts, read 310,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masoud_90 View Post
The description can be too long and confused. I wrote many things and many parts of them are subjective. So if you don't want to read it all, please just answer the question in the title.

I have been with this girl for 8 months. We started as friends (I helped her a lot with her studies and she admired and coveted me for being really successful in our field) but there was always something more between us. At some point we were together and were having the best time possible without me proposing to be officially gf bf. I was the one who was a bit in doubt and didn’t want to get committed, but she obviously wanted it. we finally started a committed relationship 3 months ago, and somehow after it our relationship has not been that great anymore. Maybe we just passed the honeymoon phase or maybe she liked the more hard-to-get type of me. I really don’t know. We have never said the “I love you” sentence and we have talked and I know she doesn’t feel that much love. I don’t either, but the fact that she doesn’t really annoys me. I have never been in a relationship like this. It was always the other way around and I was the one who was loved but not feeling similarly that much.
She has broken off with me once but started it again herself and said that she felt a lot of feelings for me after that breakup. I have tried to show that I care about her in actions and compliments. She doesn’t do it often and she says this is the way she generally is. She does like me, expresses admiration, and gets jealous or does sweet things to me sometimes. But I do try much more. I am experiencing some type of depression too and I feel the need to see her or send her messages or do something that makes her like me more. I sometimes feel like asking her whether she loves me or not. The ups and downs of our relationship is really killing me and gives me very depressive feelings. I have a history of depression (or maybe some mild version of borderline disorder). I feel bad many times and I don’t know if breaking up can help me with this, although I would feel awful for some time after a breakup.
I need help
Break it off. Time to move on. It doesn't sound like you're right for each other. Time to face the music.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 04:55 AM

12 posts, read 9,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Both people should be equally excited about the other for a relationship to really work. If one person is way more into the other person then it's not going to work or at least not work happily. Most people would be sad if their SO didn't seem as into them as they were into them, not annoyed. Are you sad because you don't feel she likes you as much as YOU like HER, or annoyed because it pricks your ego that she isn't fawning all over you?
I don't feel she likes me enough or tries for our relationship as much as I do. But the worst part is that I am not sure if she really is not that interested to show it well or it's just the way she is and the way she would act in any relationship. I also have this feeling that I might have become a bit insecure and clingy. I really do not exactly know which is true.

Old 10-13-2016, 05:19 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,947,750 times
Quote:
I don't feel she likes me enough or tries for our relationship as much as I do. But the worst part is that I am not sure if she really is not that interested to show it well or it's just the way she is and the way she would act in any relationship. I also have this feeling that I might have become a bit insecure and clingy. I really do not exactly know which is true.
Are you medicated?

She may only like you in certain times of your moods.

Old 10-13-2016, 02:54 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,442 times
Quote:
Act like you don't care very much. Then she will start to act like she cares more. That's the way girls who can't handle closeness act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships