Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 02:15 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times

Advertisements

Maybe they are fake robot files?! Hmmmm....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2016, 02:17 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Well, maybe I'm just a bit more observant than you are, 'cause I remember names, faces, etc. Whether I was interested in them or not, once I see someone, their face gets filed away in my memory.
Or in your freezer.

Old 10-20-2016, 02:56 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Or in your freezer.

That was funy, mann

Last edited by zentropa; 10-20-2016 at 03:15 PM..

Old 10-20-2016, 03:34 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
or in your freezer.
lmao

Old 10-20-2016, 09:08 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Usually I can tell when a profile is active. You can see the last time the person has been on (1 day, 1 week, etc.) If I see that they haven't been on for a while (a month or more), my assumption is they've either met someone, or given up. But I've seen the same profiles over and over, without a break. Maybe they're just "serial daters" who don't want monogamy.

And they say men are "players"!

So, you can tell that these have not taken a break because you are on there checking every week over the course of a year? 2 years? And is there some magic time where one must find a relationship, or be considered a "serial dater" pr a "player"? Seriously?

And this right here...? This is nonsense.
Quote:
I figured that with the women, they'd have at least ten guys a day messaging them, go on maybe 3-4 dates per week....and maybe, just maybe land a guy.
Give me a break.

Old 10-20-2016, 09:11 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
A little self awareness goes a long way.

Old 10-20-2016, 09:34 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,904 times
Hey, come on now...it's a proven fact that women get more messages than men.
Just look at the ratio of women vs. men on the sites! I don't care whether you look like Jennifer Aniston or Roseanne, you will get messaged/flirted with/winked at by men, even if they're not your type!
Men are a different end of the spectrum. We might get a flirt or wink from one or two women, unless you look like Brad Pitt or Johnny Depp or Denzel Washington - in which case, you'll have 5,000 women throwing themselves at you! But the average guy...way less!
Wouldn't you say that women are flirted with and/or asked out by more men, than vice versa? She might go out with him, there may or may not be chemistry, she may or may not sleep with him, but women have a greater chance of finding a guy!

Such was why my seeing the same profiles over and over baffled me.

Old 10-21-2016, 12:06 AM

44 posts, read 32,670 times
Quote:
When I was doing OLD (in fact, I'm still on one site, but discontinued others) I saw the same profiles day in and day out. I decided to try RL meeting, as it's traditional and I've met more women IRL.

I decided to take a look to see what's changed in the OLD sites. I can't believe it - two years later I'm seeing the same faces/profiles?? What the heck is that all about? Are these women NOT finding anyone, or are they just feeding their freeze-dried egos?

I figured that with the women, they'd have at least ten guys a day messaging them, go on maybe 3-4 dates per week....and maybe, just maybe land a guy.

What gives with the same faces and profiles all this time later?
My boss is a very successful guy: tall, good-looking doctor. He recently got divorced and started dating again.

Today, I heard him say "I don't do online dating anymore. The women there are crazy."

Funny thing is he's an uber male feminist that goes on and on about women's rights and is very liberal in his political leanings.

I didn't say anything to him about it, but I privately had a nice laugh that, despite our widely different ideologies, we agree on this one thing.

Old 10-21-2016, 12:26 AM

914 posts, read 738,060 times
I've had my current profile for about 1 1/2 years now. Haven't always actively used it though - I go through phases. So I'll be actively dating for 1 or 2 months, then I need a break. I might still check my app when I receive messages during the break but I usually can't be bothered responding, yet keep I keep the profile active just in case there is somebody who really grabs my attention. I'm not a player, I don't do it for an ego boost. You could argue that maybe I'm too picky which is why I'm not finding a boyfriend when I am actively dating ... But I just want to find somebody I'm really compatible with, I don't want to settle. If that makes me a bad person, so be it *shrug*

Old 10-21-2016, 02:10 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,226,089 times
Quote:
Hey, come on now...it's a proven fact that women get more messages than men.
Just look at the ratio of women vs. men on the sites! I don't care whether you look like Jennifer Aniston or Roseanne, you will get messaged/flirted with/winked at by men, even if they're not your type!
Men are a different end of the spectrum. We might get a flirt or wink from one or two women, unless you look like Brad Pitt or Johnny Depp or Denzel Washington - in which case, you'll have 5,000 women throwing themselves at you! But the average guy...way less!
Wouldn't you say that women are flirted with and/or asked out by more men, than vice versa? She might go out with him, there may or may not be chemistry, she may or may not sleep with him, but women have a greater chance of finding a guy!

Such was why my seeing the same profiles over and over baffled me.
What I don't get is why men on CD can't understand that just because a lot of men ask us (women)out, does not mean they are compatible! I've been on quite a few dates with some lovely guys but they ultimately were not suitable matches for various reasons. If you're asked out by a 100 incompatible people, surely that doesn't improve your chances? Not to mention that a lot of messages from men on OLD are just not even worth a response, again, for various reasons.

Finding the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, can and often will take time. You can also meet the right person at the wrong time & sometimes you are just prioritising other things etc.

When I encounter profiles from before, I might think oh there's that chap I once chatted to or went on a date with. I hope they find someone compatible. Then I move right along. No judgement whatsoever because I know we ultimately all want to find the right person for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships