Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 12:45 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,891,045 times

Advertisements

This will remind people of other threads, but I mean it to be different and am exploring concepts such as love maps and age disparities.

If you can remember the first person you were physically attracted to, does someone who looks like that turn your head as an adult? I'm going to assume that for most, it will be an older-looking version if the original 'object' was a teenager. Please describe any details that are no longer attractive. Also, if you're single, are you now interested in an actual relationship with someone who looks like that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 12:55 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,727,557 times
The first crush I had was on John Travolta when I was maybe six. I prefer dark eyes now and find cleft chins to be very distracting. I don't even know why I liked him and didn't crush on him when I was a teen.

I've had the same "type" since puberty (a loose collection of traits). I didn't stick to one type when dating, and having great chemistry doesn't require that I do. But I am always physically attracted to that same type, at least initially.

Old 10-07-2016, 12:56 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,624,549 times
Interesting thread. My first major crush was on Elijah Wood (Frodo Baggins from the Lord of the Rings). Haha....I was 10 years old when Fellowship came out in 2001. I never really liked a celebrity before him. I just loved his eyes and how pretty his face was....but, he's too young-looking for me now, especially because he is like 35 and should be looking more his age. And I kinda started liking more classic "manly" looking guys. Still think his face is eerily beautiful in those movies, though. Every time I rewatch them, I remember that.

When I was 15, I was in love with Cillian Murphy, who you can now watch in Peaky Blinders. He actually also has a very distinct face and incredible blue eyes, like Elijah Wood. I still love him.

I think as an adult, I still appreciate a man's face the most. With those two guys, their eyes were their selling point, but I don't have a preference in eye color (for example, the Brazilian actor Rodrigo Santoro has the most incredible brown eyes!).

Old 10-07-2016, 01:00 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,771,805 times
No, I used to like average size girls, now I'm far more attracted to larger, taller girls.

Old 10-07-2016, 01:01 PM

64 posts, read 66,536 times
My first girlfriend was an Asian girl, she was 5'0 and slim with long dark hair. I'm still very attracted to women who look similar to her, but I branch out! I always got dirty looks from women and couples when we went out. I think it's because she looked very young, but she was a month older than I was.

It's just what I'm attracted to, doesn't really matter if she's Asian, but I like short, petite women. I think it's because I was always very skinny growing up, and I still view myself as a scrawny guy ever though I've gained a lot of muscle.

I'll date women with a wide variety of looks though, meshing with someone's personality and hobbies is more important. I do have to be attracted, the above is just what I'm most attracted to.

Old 10-07-2016, 01:03 PM

50,882 posts, read 36,563,313 times
Not me personally. When I was a teen, I liked the dark, muscular Italian type. In my adult life, my longest term relationship was pretty much the opposite (although he was Italian, but not the macho type and he was light-haired) and I thought he was very handsome and also had a good personality. After that relationship ended, I went through a period where I was attracted to New Age types, because I was exploring those things during that period. My current is blue collar, and I am attracted to that, however there is not any obvious look that goes with it.

As to those Italian teens with Camaros, they tend not to age too well so no, they don't turn my head too much. Too much bread and pasta over the years, and with a lot of testosterone tend to lose more hair at a younger age.

My first crushes as pre-teen were goody-two shoes looking types, Donny Osmond and Steve Garvey from the Dodgers the biggies, but after that age I was never attracted to that type. My celebrity crushes as a teen were Peter Frampton, and in my 20's Dr. Frankenfurter from Rocky Horror Picture Show, who have nothing whatsoever in common, lol.

I think for girls, there is not so much one look that is attractive and crush-worthy, but a vibe.

Old 10-07-2016, 01:14 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,618,516 times
I don't have one physical type, the people I've liked have always been pretty eclectic in the looks dept.

Old 10-07-2016, 01:44 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,240,294 times
Kind of. Ever since I was young, I always had the hots for dudes like the dad from 90210, the dad from Veronica Mars, George Costanza; that archetype. As I got older, my tastes broadened to the point where I no longer have a type, but I guess I'm more drawn to certain features. Especially man buns. My first serious relationship and my husband evidently look freakishly alike, as pointed out by my husband. Awkward.

Old 10-07-2016, 01:46 PM

247 posts, read 198,409 times
My crushes as a teen were always on tall, lanky musicians and skateboarders. Usually hard partying tortured artist type men. They were usually much older than my teen self as well. My preferences have expanded greatly since then and I am much more attracted to a fuller dad bod than a very lean one. I also have no desire to be with a 'bad boy' and those men were by my definition. I prefer men closer to my age now but still older, and am still a sucker for very tall men. Absolutely that type can still make my head turn!

Old 10-07-2016, 01:51 PM

52,307 posts, read 52,756,330 times
My physical type has never wavered. Short-ish busty full figured brunette with long hair. LOL.

I used to get ashamed of myself for being so one dimensional in what I like, but over the years I've said screw it and have embraced it. We like what we like.

I have gone with women that didn't fit my "type" but I never had the baser lower level want to jump their bones sorta vibe like I did with the type that I like.

It is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships