Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 02:11 PM

651 posts, read 408,336 times

Advertisements

Umm.. What is CBC and CFBC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 02:16 PM

102,234 posts, read 108,040,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanMarlton View Post
The issue is not the trouble dating, but trouble dating the people I truly want. I have no trouble dating girls who are below my standard, for lack of a better word. I guess one way to look at it is that my standards are too high, but I don't personally think so. I still maintain that there are much more good looking, fit men than there are comparably attractive, fit women. The field is not leveled, and you people can talk all you want but none of you have anything to prove it otherwise.
Where on earth do you live? Are you in the corn belt? If so, come on out West. There are scads of single, child-free women in your age range who are fit, reasonably attractive, and in professional fields, if that matters to you. If you're in the western states or the NE, I simply don't believe you that there aren't fit, attractive single women in your age group. That's BS.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

As for "your standard," if they are willing to date you, they see you as approximately the same level they're at, so your "standard" is almost definitely way higher than what you yourself can deliver. IOW, these women "below your standard" are actually about exactly what you deserve, for lack of a better word, and vice versa. Be realistic.
This is flawed logic all the way. If one hot woman gets attention from 10 really attractive men, what do you think is going to happen? Not everyone will get lucky. But in the opposite case, some girl may get very happy if I decided to go on a date with her. Not because she is "my standard" but because she simply views me as one of the better available at the moment. Its supply and demand.

Think of it this way. Everyone wants a cool, high paying executive job in prestigious corp. While there may be whole lot of appropriate candidates, only few will be lucky enough. Meanwhile any one of those candidates would be able to take on lower level clerical tasks well below their skills and abilities. By your logic, this would be fine and that's where would really belong.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:21 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,028,557 times
Quote:
Umm.. What is CBC and CFBC?
It should have just been CFBC. I don't know why my computer keeps autocorrecting to CBC. (complete blood count?) CFBC means child-free by choice.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:25 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,028,557 times
Quote:
This is flawed logic all the way. If one hot woman gets attention from 10 really attractive men, what do you think is going to happen? Not everyone will get lucky. But in the opposite case, some girl may get very happy if I decided to go on a date with her. Not because she is "my standard" but because she simply views me as one of the better available at the moment. Its supply and demand.

Think of it this way. Everyone wants a cool, high paying executive job in prestigious corp. While there may be whole lot of appropriate candidates, only few will be lucky enough. Meanwhile any one of those candidates would be able to take on lower level clerical tasks well below their skills and abilities. By your logic, this would be fine and that's where would really belong.
It's not flawed logic. You asked why it's so hard for you. This is why. You're one of the ones who isn't "get(ting) lucky." Simple as that.

And apparently none of these well-above-you women are getting "very happy" if you decide to date them. So...that leaves you with the same problem you started out with. If these above-you women were happy about you dating them then you wouldn't be complaining about this being "harder" for you. You, specifically, BTW, and other men with your mindset - not your age-group, middle-aged men. That's my entire point. It's hard for you because you're attempting to draw women who just don't want you, likely because they can easily get better. Sorry to be harsh.

I don't see that many super-hotties are going to go out with just anybody because you're the lesser of two evils ("one of the better available at the moment"). Now THAT'S flawed logic. You yourself are saying 10 other men are champing at the bit to date your "category" of woman. In what apocalyptic scenario are you going to be the only better of several apparently unsavory (to her) choices? Are you planning a three-hour tour in which she, Gilligan, the Skipper, Mr. Howell and you are all stranded on a desert island? (And even then she might pick Gilligan. He was goofy but he did have a sense of humor.)

Flawed logic indeed, but not from my side. And again, if it weren't...then you wouldn't be on here saying it was all difficult, correct? You'd be proving me wrong by scoring that amazing woman.

As for your last sentence in the quote above, yes, that IS where you belong. You weren't able to achieve that high-powered job for a reason. Now...*should* you try for that high-powered position? Sure, why not? After all, you're not busy performing a job you could have actually done. You're sitting at home, jobless, holding out for the day there's a freak subway accident and all the qualified applicants are killed on Interview Morning and the city has run out of other applicants to come in on subsequent days. So should you go for the job you're totally unsuited to and unable to get? Why not? In this scenario, you have nothing else on your plate and so what's another few months without an actual, viable job, anyway? (Same as with dating, hmmm.)

Last edited by JerZ; 10-28-2016 at 02:35 PM..

Old 10-28-2016, 02:30 PM

511 posts, read 402,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Where on earth do you live? Are you in the corn belt? If so, come on out West. There are scads of single, child-free women in your age range who are fit, reasonably attractive, and in professional fields, if that matters to you. If you're in the western states or the NE, I simply don't believe you that there aren't fit, attractive single women in your age group. That's BS.
There are plenty here on online dating (how else are you going to find them outside of luck?), but that doesn't mean any of them are going to reply, show interest, or even look at his profile. If his situation is anything like mine (though I might be a bit less picky here).

Old 10-28-2016, 02:41 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,501,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Polymath View Post
There are plenty here on online dating (how else are you going to find them outside of luck?), but that doesn't mean any of them are going to reply, show interest, or even look at his profile. If his situation is anything like mine (though I might be a bit less picky here).
In my experience there were more than enough women IRL. Finding them was easy. You just have to keep your eyes open and your wits about you. Of course, I had only three absolute requirements. Any others were negotiable. None were predicated on looks.

5,573 posts, read 3,352,481 times
It's always difficult to try to choose among options not available to you. OP, you're not really talking about why dating is hard for a subset of men, and you're not even talking about why it's hard for you. You seem to be talking about why it's difficult for you to date the women you want; because they have too many and in some cases better options.

OK, I agree. You've essentially priced yourself out of this market, and there's not another market. What's your next move?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

Flawed logic indeed, but not from my side. And again, if it weren't...then you wouldn't be on here saying it was all difficult, correct? You'd be proving me wrong by scoring that amazing woman.
I've scored plenty of amazing women in my life. Just not around this f##ckin hellhole. But then again, I've only been single for a few months.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:44 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,352,481 times
JerZ,

I haven't read much of this thread. Please tell me you were quoting the OP, at least thematically, when you wrote "scored amazing women".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships