Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2016, 12:03 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
Some do. But that's an entirely different discussion for a different day.
I myself...nevermind. (Hides newly developed Fangs)

Anyway, I really can't go into why some men don't get approached (I'm talking about the ones that are tall, handsome and well dressed and having a good career and yet can't seem to get a woman). My best guess is that it's just not in the cards for some men (to get approached that is).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2016, 12:21 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Well, then who's scenario was it?!

Jeez!!!

Honestly, I've never was given "the business" for initiating conversation with women, but I had complaints about me for other things that had nothing to do with interacting with people.

I do know that people are nuts, and I have seen weirder and crazier things than this guy getting complained about. I could go into things that I have witnessed and experienced, AND THEY ARE TRUE!!! NOT A STORY, NOT EVEN A TRUE STORY, JUST PLAIN TRUE.

So whether that story is true or not, I could actually see something like that happen.
Yeah, I could get into some things, theyd be off topic as well. Your stories probably ARE true, I bet they're most likely even funny.

Old 12-10-2016, 12:59 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Yeah, I could get into some things, theyd be off topic as well. Your stories probably ARE true, I bet they're most likely even funny.
I could write a book on my stories.

Some of them involve women approaching... or at least initiating...

and me not getting a clue.

Old 12-10-2016, 01:27 PM

466 posts, read 314,747 times
Mod cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
It's not my scenario, I'm just trying to connect the dots on how any of these illogical theatrics could be accomplished. How one got from point A to point F and ended up in a situation as imaginary AF.

The manager isn't in charge of the behavior between 2 people in the store, he may have directed her to call the police though, if that is the appropriate response for a complaint about a guy hitting on you, and then walking away after being rejected...which isn't a crime unless you're thinking like a guy who never asked a girl out before...OR: If a manager were readily available, if the man just happened to walk by as the woman were complaining out in the open looking for the guy who tried to ask for a date, if the manager gave a crap about any of this silliness....and IF THIS WERE A TRUE STORY.

ETA: The thread is: "Why don't women approach men to talk to?" not 'submit your made up story of why women are mean and can't be trusted', which is how these topics always seem to end up after getting turned around by a few who have self imposed restrictions.
You are absolutely right and if we wanted to turn the tables around we could. There are so many messed up dudes that hurt women and in many cases for absolutely no reason other than selfishness. This thread could easily turn into a sex hate but that's not the discussion. As you said it's about "Why don't women approach men".

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-12-2016 at 01:28 PM.. Reason: Orphaned and off-topic.

Old 12-10-2016, 02:08 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Well, then who's scenario was it?!

Jeez!!!

Honestly, I've never was given "the business" for initiating conversation with women, but I had complaints about me for other things that had nothing to do with interacting with people.

I do know that people are nuts, and I have seen weirder and crazier things than this guy getting complained about. I could go into things that I have witnessed and experienced, AND THEY ARE TRUE!!! NOT A STORY, NOT EVEN A TRUE STORY, JUST PLAIN TRUE.

So whether that story is true or not, I could actually see something like that happen.
But how? How does some customer put through a "complaint" at a store that some other customer asked her out on a date? RBCCL's post was hilarious (I mean it really was...OMG) BUT she made a point. How in the nine frozen hells could that ever happen? You say you've had "complaints" put through about you, TJ. Okay...you mean...complaints in a store with you as a customer, from another customer? How did that happen?

Old 12-10-2016, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I could write a book on my stories.

Some of them involve women approaching... or at least initiating...

and me not getting a clue.

I must have mentioned this on this thread, but my husband says this VERY thing! Women may not approach in the same way. We may be more subtle. Well...okay...that's how we roll. (Not every last woman, everyone is different, blah blah, have to do some preventive anti-knicker-twisting here.) But so many men, from what I've heard (directly from those men, I mean), just don't pick up on those particular comments and approaches and literally do think the woman accidentally just dropped something or legitimately does need to know the time even though she's holding her own phone or whatever. Or pick up on what the hell "Oh, you're going to X this weekend? I LOVE X...I always wanted to go, but I'd rather go with someone who knows the venue so I don't get lost (stare stare, blink blink, big smile)" means.

My husband has said that looking back, he could almost certainly have gone out with many, many girls who were "friends" in high school, but he didn't "get it."

I know a man's typical answer to this is, "Well then, women should be more direct...you know, they should act just like men" but I thought the reason you guys liked us was that we AREN'T men. And I'm sorry...but you can't really order up the perfect woman...she looks amazingly feminine and gorgeous, she sounds and acts amazingly feminine and gorgeous, yet somehow she has just this one extremely aggressive trait, she randomly walks up to guys and announces clearly, "I feel attracted looking at you. Let's go out on a date." Life just doesn't really work that way.

So yeah, each of us has to reach across the aisle on this one and try to understand one another, while still allowing the other to be him/herself.

Old 12-10-2016, 02:34 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,630,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I must have mentioned this on this thread, but my husband says this VERY thing! Women may not approach in the same way. We may be more subtle. Well...okay...that's how we roll. (Not every last woman, everyone is different, blah blah, have to do some preventive anti-knicker-twisting here.) But so many men, from what I've heard (directly from those men, I mean), just don't pick up on those particular comments and approaches and literally do think the woman accidentally just dropped something or legitimately does need to know the time even though she's holding her own phone or whatever. Or pick up on what the hell "Oh, you're going to X this weekend? I LOVE X...I always wanted to go, but I'd rather go with someone who knows the venue so I don't get lost (stare stare, blink blink, big smile)" means.

My husband has said that looking back, he could almost certainly have gone out with many, many girls who were "friends" in high school, but he didn't "get it."

I know a man's typical answer to this is, "Well then, women should be more direct...you know, they should act just like men" but I thought the reason you guys liked us was that we AREN'T men. And I'm sorry...but you can't really order up the perfect woman...she looks amazingly feminine and gorgeous, she sounds and acts amazingly feminine and gorgeous, yet somehow she has just this one extremely aggressive trait, she randomly walks up to guys and announces clearly, "I feel attracted looking at you. Let's go out on a date." Life just doesn't really work that way.

So yeah, each of us has to reach across the aisle on this one and try to understand one another, while still allowing the other to be him/herself.
That kind of behavior is really irritating and kind of a mind game. Just say what you feel.

Old 12-10-2016, 02:47 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
I've reconsidered my stance on women who ask men out because I would go out with a woman who asked me as long as I found her attractive. But if I want to meet a woman I will do it the right way: Through activities and classes. No more cold approaches, no more complimenting women I don't know unless I really really know her, then I will take it from there. It just feels like the right way to date (but I'm not ready for a serious relationship as of now).

Old 12-10-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
That kind of behavior is really irritating and kind of a mind game. Just say what you feel.
You don't understand.

The person may indeed be saying what she's feeling. It's not "a game." She is either speaking to someone she hardly knows at all (or maybe doesn't know at all), or is speaking to someone she does know, but with whom she has never approached this context before, so there are stages, and these are normal and inquisitive, not "games."

She's not being flat-out literal about it, no. But do YOU "just say what you're feeling" when you ask a girl out on a date? Do you say, "Hello. I couldn't help but notice you from across the street. The two things I noticed were: you were coming out of a comic book store, and I just love comics! - and two: you have beautiful breasts. When I looked at them, I imagined that perhaps we could go on a date and if all went well, we could kiss and perhaps I could touch your breasts. Just being honest with you, this is how I feel. If you are physically attracted to me as well can envision me feeling your breasts in the early stages of dating, progressing to sex within a few dates, let's set up a night to meet."

Or are you more subtle about it than that, in these very early stages?

Well, so are women. To what degree? Everyone is different. Women tend to overall be more subtle than men, but a. not all women and b. even then it varies from woman to woman.

And before you jump on this and say it's 2016, shouldn't women be equally aggressive to men? Well, okay. Are you willing to burst into tears in front of a stranger? It IS 2016, after all. If you're not - if it would take time for you to be comfortable with being THAT open in front of someone - then you already understand what I'm telling you above, you just don't want to hear it because it makes things less easy and immediate for you.

Also, psst...men do the "I've always wanted to go to Place X" or "Really? You like (X thing that involves going out somewhere)? ME TOO! (long stare with frozen smile)" thing too. Just sayin'.

Old 12-10-2016, 03:11 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,630,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
You don't understand.

The person may indeed be saying what she's feeling. It's not "a game." She is either speaking to someone she hardly knows at all (or maybe doesn't know at all), or is speaking to someone she does know, but with whom she has never approached this context before, so there are stages, and these are normal and inquisitive, not "games."

She's not being flat-out literal about it, no. But do YOU "just say what you're feeling" when you ask a girl out on a date? Do you say, "Hello. I couldn't help but notice you from across the street. The two things I noticed were: you were coming out of a comic book store, and I just love comics! - and two: you have beautiful breasts. When I looked at them, I imagined that perhaps we could go on a date and if all went well, we could kiss and perhaps I could touch your breasts. Just being honest with you, this is how I feel. If you are physically attracted to me as well can envision me feeling your breasts in the early stages of dating, progressing to sex within a few dates, let's set up a night to meet."

Or are you more subtle about it than that, in these very early stages?

Well, so are women. To what degree? Everyone is different. Women tend to overall be more subtle than men, but a. not all women and b. even then it varies from woman to woman.

And before you jump on this and say it's 2016, shouldn't women be equally aggressive to men? Well, okay. Are you willing to burst into tears in front of a stranger? It IS 2016, after all. If you're not - if it would take time for you to be comfortable with being THAT open in front of someone - then you already understand what I'm telling you above, you just don't want to hear it because it makes things less easy and immediate for you.

Also, psst...men do the "I've always wanted to go to Place X" or "Really? You like (X thing that involves going out somewhere)? ME TOO! (long stare with frozen smile)" thing too. Just sayin'.
Only a moron would say something like that. Obviously I don't mean being that forward. There's a middle ground between saying I want to feel you up and asking what the time is and expecting the guy to know that she's showing interest. Just say something like "Hi, I saw you across the room and wanted to talk," or something else along that line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships