Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2016, 07:53 PM

466 posts, read 314,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I do all of the time. But the sad thing, I'm starting to think men, while they like the attention from a woman who knows what she wants, and likes to toy with the idea of an independent woman, in reality, men are hunters by nature. I guess it's more of a macho thing for them to claim they worked hard to go after the woman they chose, not the other way around. And then, there is this strange thing that in reality, while an independent woman sounds cool, they really want a woman that stays home and does the cooking, cleaning and raising of the children.

Of course, I could very well be wrong about this, but so far, this seems to be the case of all the men I know. Heck, I know a guy who chased after the most beautiful girl in the circle, and I think he only liked her because she was at the time, the girlfriend of a guy he kept on competing on "score" with. He finally charmed and got the girl. Got her pregnant, twice. Somehow turned her from a career minded, independent woman who now is a stay at home mom. And the sad thing, she goes washing his pants and sees a receipt of a $1000 at a nearby strip club. To make matters worse, she decides to go confront him on the issue, to find him cheating on her with a woman that is in a love triangle with the guy he was competing for her love to begin with. It's sad, he has a beautiful woman taking care of him, and it wasn't enough because his mind is still in the game of being a player.

I actually am like that myself, wanting a woman who is more of a stay home type instead of a independent strong female(I respect it but I know I clash with those types). As far as that man being a terrible dog she should leave his assss and walk away. Some men don't know what they have until it's gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2016, 07:54 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,533,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat15 View Post
I wouldn't mind either

Whatever you'd call it when people start a relationship...initiating, pursuing? I just used the same wording that 49ersfan27 did.
( I know LOL )

Chasing, hunting, extensive negotiations, battle of wits ..... Toooooo many to list LMAO

Old 12-10-2016, 08:31 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
To me it's more of an ego thing. My mother is an old fashioned woman and she instilled in me that I have to win a woman over. She wouldn't like it if a woman told her that she picked me up because it isn't right.
You're dating the girl, not your mother. Also, if the woman was intrigued enough to approach you, then you've already won her over in that you appealed enough to her.

Old 12-10-2016, 08:35 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
What chat you up or physically pick you up off the ground?
Given that I'm 6' 185 lbs, I'd freak out if a woman physically picked me up, lol

Old 12-10-2016, 08:52 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,533,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Given that I'm 6' 185 lbs, I'd freak out if a woman physically picked me up, lol
Well given I'm 5"9 and 13 and half stone ( 188ish lbs ) I'd be fair game!!! ..... BRING IT ON!!!! LMAO

Old 12-11-2016, 06:54 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
Quote:
You're dating the girl, not your mother. Also, if the woman was intrigued enough to approach you, then you've already won her over in that you appealed enough to her.
That's also a great point.

Old 12-11-2016, 07:34 AM

10,479 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfoxGod View Post
I actually am like that myself, wanting a woman who is more of a stay home type instead of a independent strong female(I respect it but I know I clash with those types). As far as that man being a terrible dog she should leave his assss and walk away. Some men don't know what they have until it's gone.
Last I heard, she moved herself and her kids out of his house and to her parents until she can get back on her feet. Sad, she gave up alot for this guy, just for him to throw it all away. She trusted him I guess. Sadder still, he's going around saying she's a ****, when in reality, it's him that has been sleeping around.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:03 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,459,538 times
Quote:
I myself...nevermind. (Hides newly developed Fangs)

Anyway, I really can't go into why some men don't get approached (I'm talking about the ones that are tall, handsome and well dressed and having a good career and yet can't seem to get a woman). My best guess is that it's just not in the cards for some men (to get approached that is).
Lol. Yeah, I'm surprised that there have never been any threads created on it. Perhaps there are, just not on Relationships. But I digress.

On a serious note, men don't get approached because men aren't approachable. No different than why some women do not get approached. Getting approached is not rocket science.

The only thing a woman needs assurance about, is that she has a place in your world. That's it. And 9 times out of 10, she's just checking to see if she exists in that world. Everyone else talks to her; why don't you? And that is a basic, instinctual, human need. Now whether or not it leads to anything is something both parties will have to come to some common ground about. But when a woman approaches, she just wants to know that she exists. Some women are interested. But that often is not the case; at least for me that generally is not the case I can't speak for everyone. Nobody wants to think that they don't exist.

Men make it complicated because they don't know what they are supposed to do in that case. They don't have to do anything other than make small talk. And if they're not interested, they shouldn't do anything else, other than be polite and easy to talk to. And men that never approach women, for whatever reason, may have an even harder time than men that are always approaching women.

And as others have mentioned, it is a big deal because societal norms say that men are always going to go out of their way to speak to the opposite sex. And no one likes rejection. So that means that men have to learn how to say no without rejecting, just as women have learned to do with men. You can say no to the individual, without rejecting the individual.`

Old 12-11-2016, 08:34 AM

641 posts, read 405,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
To me it's more of an ego thing. My mother is an old fashioned woman and she instilled in me that I have to win a woman over. She wouldn't like it if a woman told her that she picked me up because it isn't right.
That's not a good mindset. You're basically making yourself subservient to women, eager to prove yourself, as if they're better than you. It'll make a woman thinks she's better than you because you're desperate to prove yourself too her.

Old 12-11-2016, 12:00 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
That's not a good mindset. You're basically making yourself subservient to women, eager to prove yourself, as if they're better than you. It'll make a woman thinks she's better than you because you're desperate to prove yourself too her.
Lol no woman is better than me and I don't care how hot she is some man out there is tired of her s**t.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships