Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 01:41 AM

65 posts, read 70,041 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

Well, as I continue on my quest to understanding women and perhaps settling I have found myself in yet another difficult situation. I have been on and off with this girl since last year and we have rekindle are friendship in the past few months. However, prior to the rekindling of this friendship we were sort of in the mix of things a year ago but didn't commit due to various reasons and we disconnected then. All a long story. We have been in touch again since last November and my interest in her has once again taken form as I have been trying to make things happen this time.

In the past few months, I have made my intentions clear and straightforward with her in what I wanted and well, let's just say she hasn't really said whether she feels the same way or not (at this point it's looking more like she doesn't) and it kind of sucks. I know she has mentioned prior that she can't be in a relationship right now because of college and she won't have time to do anything (which is complete bs) and I know I should've taken that and other things as warning signs towards not getting attached.

Fast forwarding to now, I have to say I don't know where I stand still but.. She has been a little more open and occasionally does flirt back at times (at times even she initiates it herself) and confesses in me a little more. Hell, I'll go to even say that she's even made some attempt into taking interest into what I've been doing lately and asking how my day is going (which she hasn't done before). Now, I'm still confused because if I were to bring up the subject again of becoming official sometime she dodges the idea and changes topic. However, what confuses me even more is that at time it appears that she goes radio silent for hours (which I understand she may have gotten busy) and she would reach back out apologizing saying something showed up.

Now, maybe she does that out of common courtesy which I appreciate, but I don't want to give her the sense that I'm a controlling person, which of I am not. To conclude this long post, I just want to say that this may perhaps be the most unique situation I may be in due to me having recently relocated to Florida and she lives up north. I understand perhaps she's not used to the idea of an LDR but she hasn't shut it down yet. My closing question would be, should I stay in pursuit of her? Or is there just not mutual attraction/interest to keep putting other potential mates aside in the future?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 06:24 AM

22,581 posts, read 47,641,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacui View Post
In the past few months, I have made my intentions clear and straightforward with her in what I wanted and well, let's just say she hasn't really said whether she feels the same way or not (at this point it's looking more like she doesn't) and it kind of sucks. I know she has mentioned prior that she can't be in a relationship right now because of college and she won't have time to do anything (which is complete bs) and I know I should've taken that and other things as warning signs towards not getting attached.

I just want to say that this may perhaps be the most unique situation I may be in due to me having recently relocated to Florida and she lives up north.

She told you her intentions!
She doesn't want a relationship while she is in college. (You calling that bs is totally ridiculous!)
And you say there are other things that reinforce that fact.

Moving far away does not change anything, as long as she is in college.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:03 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,442 times
The closest you will have in terms of having a relationship with her is to be her emotional tampon.

Old 11-18-2016, 10:50 AM

625 posts, read 902,800 times
Stop pursuing her & move on with your life. Some women enjoy the chase although they have no interest. I guarantee when you ignore her, she's going to start tip toeing around but don't fall for it. She's not interested. Just chalk it up to lesson learned. All the best!

Old 11-18-2016, 12:22 PM

1,704 posts, read 2,323,616 times
She uses you for attention and out of boredom. Too easy

Old 11-18-2016, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
She told you her intentions!
She doesn't want a relationship while she is in college. (You calling that bs is totally ridiculous!)
And you say there are other things that reinforce that fact.

Moving far away does not change anything, as long as she is in college.
I get it but I'm just frustrated and I had plenty of time to at least do something during my weekend with college and all. Also, there have been times where I would ask her how her weekend went and she would respond "it was okay, I did nothing but lay on my couch". So sorry if I say it's BS. I now know she was using me for attention and have decided to just steer clear from her.

Old 11-18-2016, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistym View Post
Stop pursuing her & move on with your life. Some women enjoy the chase although they have no interest. I guarantee when you ignore her, she's going to start tip toeing around but don't fall for it. She's not interested. Just chalk it up to lesson learned. All the best!
You know now that you mention that... I sent her a text last night and she never answered back so I went on with my night. She texted me this afternoon saying "hello" and didn't respond when I replied a few minutes after. But it's like you said, she's just tiptoeing to around me for her own self-assurance.

Old 11-18-2016, 05:52 PM

122 posts, read 122,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacui View Post
I get it but I'm just frustrated and I had plenty of time to at least do something during my weekend with college and all. Also, there have been times where I would ask her how her weekend went and she would respond "it was okay, I did nothing but lay on my couch". So sorry if I say it's BS. I now know she was using me for attention and have decided to just steer clear from her.
Yea, these sort of stuff, you have to read between the line. If a girl said the moon is falling and thats the reason she can't date you. You have to believe she doesn't want to date you, but not the moon is falling part.

The reason is not important. The only thing it matters is what's her intention.

Old 11-18-2016, 07:34 PM

539 posts, read 566,515 times
Stop pursuing it. She wants your attention, but doesn't want anything else. It doesn't matter WHO. YOU don't matter, it's the attention you give her. She doesn't want you, she will never want you, even when you finally stop and she starts hinting to MAYBE take it further, trust me she doesn't want it. Stop wasting your time, find a girl who cherishes YOU, and who truly wants your love.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MigratingCoconut View Post
Stop pursuing it. She wants your attention, but doesn't want anything else. It doesn't matter WHO. YOU don't matter, it's the attention you give her. She doesn't want you, she will never want you, even when you finally stop and she starts hinting to MAYBE take it further, trust me she doesn't want it. Stop wasting your time, find a girl who cherishes YOU, and who truly wants your love.
Thanks, you're right and I have already made the decision to not waste my time with her anymore. I'll look for someone who won't just use me for attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships