Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 12:53 PM

107 posts, read 138,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
Her Facebook activity sounds incredibly OTT. That would be off-putting to many guys, if not most. But I digress...

You really need to evaluate and feel confident in your actual relationship, not the one on Facebook. My husband was not even on Facebook when we met. Eventually he got an account at my behest (I set it up). I didn't care anything at all about being "Facebook-official." We may not have even done that until I moved in with him, not sure. He rarely posts anything on Facebook and I certainly don't need Facebook "shout-outs" from him. I never did, because I was confident about the relationship. What happens on Facebook doesn't matter. My advice is to live your relationship in person, not online. The rest is just noise. If you're so concerned about your social media status, you're doing it wrong.

The issue isn't that I want more recognition on facebook just for my own ego. It's the fact that she's very Facebook-oriented (and she was posting about the guy she was seeing a couple months ago pretty frequently, gushing over him.) Believe me, Ive heard the line "its just facebook." But it really isnt "just facebook" for a lot of people, including my girlfriend. Shes on it multiple times a day. Its her way of presenting herself to the world the way she wants to be presented. I just think its a bit shady that she has pretty much no trace on her facebook that she's in a relationship, and yet shes adding attractive single guys in her area and liking some of their pictures?

Old 11-14-2016, 01:17 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,012,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypennington View Post
The issue isn't that I want more recognition on facebook just for my own ego. It's the fact that she's very Facebook-oriented (and she was posting about the guy she was seeing a couple months ago pretty frequently, gushing over him.) Believe me, Ive heard the line "its just facebook." But it really isnt "just facebook" for a lot of people, including my girlfriend. Shes on it multiple times a day. Its her way of presenting herself to the world the way she wants to be presented. I just think its a bit shady that she has pretty much no trace on her facebook that she's in a relationship, and yet shes adding attractive single guys in her area and liking some of their pictures?

I have a friend whose GF was doing all the same things. Just as I predicted, it came out later that she had been cheating on him. With his boss.

I agree with the poster who suggested you tag her with photos of the two of you and write BEST GIRLFRIEND EVER! in the caption with lots of hearts and kissy faces. If she set her preferences so that she has to approve it before it shows up on her wall and DOESN'T do it, you have your answer.

Women who are into "bad boys" are emotionally stunted and bad news. Run away.

Old 11-14-2016, 01:57 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,453,459 times
Never mind - the inner b**** inside of me who tries to wrest control from the rest of me was getting mean. And sarcastic. And pointing and laughing. So forget it.

Old 11-14-2016, 02:19 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypennington View Post
So, basically, she does something that makes you feel insecure in the relationship and will not change. For some unhealthy reason, you've decided to stay with someone who causes you to feel badly. The fault is yours.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
You're aware you are not her type. She flat out told you what her type is. You just didn't listen...

You're the nice guy. You're the inbetween guy. You're just the guy before the next guy..

The snooping did not reveal anything you didn't already know, so don't act like this is some kind of "shock" or betrayal. You already knew who you were dealing with, man. So don't get all up in arms over it now that's there no denying it anymore.
She told me she had a tendency to fall for "punks" claiming she didn't know they were punks at first, and that their true colors came out as time went on. But just looking at pictures of some of her ex's, I can tell she fell prey to the "bad boys". She's an edgy girl herself.

And she's not adding guys every single day. Those guys I saw her add were all within a few days or a week maybe. Still doesn't feel really assuring to me... We still see eachother almost everyday but Im just worried if she has her eyes on the door...

Old 11-14-2016, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
So, basically, she does something that makes you feel insecure in the relationship and will not change. For some unhealthy reason, you've decided to stay with someone who causes you to feel badly. The fault is yours.
I never talked to her about it, so no shes not intentionally doing something that she knows i feel insecure about. To her knowledge, I have no idea about the single guys shes added.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:13 PM

472 posts, read 438,559 times
She sounds like bad news really. And you never answered: is she hot? I would guess that yes, she is otherwise you wouldn't be putting up with this behavior.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:00 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,744,556 times
If she's gushing about the nice things you do and tagging you on date photos, I'd think people could figure out that you guys are together. Being someone's friend on facebook doesn't mean much in real life. You can't know how any of that is part of a conspiracy to look single and meet new guys to date behind your back.

Why don't you do something nice for your girlfriend as a sort of set up for her to post about it. Then comment, "anything for the most awesome girlfriend"...or something to that affect. That would mark your territory.

Maybe the issue you are having is that you don't like not being the type she is most often attracted to.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:25 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
She a mess waiting to happen.
If I where you I would probably bow out before her behavior and my suspicions turned in to something REALLY bad.

Aggressive social media usage is usually ever a good thing.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:39 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
Women who like "bad boys" will continue to like them for most of their 20's until they get burnt enough times, and even then they'll resent a provider male if he's not masculine enough, meaning not a pushover. You have to put her in her place sometimes, particularly when she starts talking BS.

Mostly these women are not worth the hassle if you want a family.. get a boring quiet one who stays off social media or a free thinker type capable of looking at other people's points of view who's not a narcissist who whines when she doesn't get her way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships