Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 08:41 PM

466 posts, read 315,137 times

Advertisements

The woman I spoke of in another thread, just reached out to me and wrote this:
Asalamu aleikum. I am engaged. Please don't reach out again. May God be with you.
-Sent free from TextNow.com

Man guys and girl, I'm really hurting, wish I had someone I could cry to and hug. Feeling worthless right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 08:44 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,110,164 times
She's engaged to her ex?

Old 11-13-2016, 08:45 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,768,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfoxGod View Post
The woman I spoke of in another thread, just reached out to me and wrote this:
Asalamu aleikum. I am engaged. Please don't reach out again. May God be with you.
-Sent free from TextNow.com

Man guys and girl, I'm really hurting, wish I had someone I could cry to and hug. Feeling worthless right now.
I haven't had a chance yet to read the other thread you had mentioned, but I am truly very sorry to hear about the very painful exp. you are currently going through Please rest assured, you are definitely and absolutely not and never worthless, and you are 100% deserving of finding real and genuine love, that will last. If a lady you were seeing was so harsh and cold-hearted to treat you like that, she never even deserved you to begin with, in mho.

Old 11-13-2016, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
She's engaged to her ex?
The new guy she was talking to/ seeing.... man why does she feel to stay a week away and hurt me further more.

Old 11-13-2016, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarPaladin View Post
I haven't had a chance yet to read the other thread you had mentioned, but I am truly very sorry to hear about the very painful exp. you are currently going through Please rest assured, you are definitely and absolutely not and never worthless, and you are 100% deserving of finding real and genuine love, that will last. If a lady you were seeing was so harsh and cold-hearted to treat you like that, she never even deserved you to begin with, in mho.
Thanks but I'm broken man, I don't know what to do. my key board is drenched.

Old 11-13-2016, 09:11 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,768,208 times
Quote:
Thanks but I'm broken man, I don't know what to do. my key board is drenched.
I am admittedly not very experienced with relationships myself, only been in a few in life so far tbh, but I have heard it said that one of the best ways of getting over a lost love is to try to find a potential new love? (Not meant as a rebound relationship or FWB situation, but rather as a real, genuine full and loving, caring relationship?)

Old 11-13-2016, 09:12 PM

Quote:
The new guy she was talking to/ seeing.... man why does she feel to stay a week away and hurt me further more.
Oh. I thought the main issue was that she got back with her ex, or was seeing him, anyway.

So she's with somebody new, and she's already engaged? She's crazy, OP. Nobody just starts seeing a guy, and gets engaged. It's not normal. So you dodged a bullet. You didn't know it at the time you got involved with her, so you thought you were the only one she'd done that with, but you can see now that it's her m.o. Now some other guy will be paying her expenses, blah blah. Boy, I feel sorry for that child, bouncing around from one "dad" to another.

She isn't who you thought she was, OP. It was just a dream, I'm sorry. She doesn't deserve a good guy like you. Somewhere out there is a good woman who will do right by you.

Tomorrow, go to the gym and pound a punching bag until you drop. Best of luck, OP.

Old 11-13-2016, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarPaladin View Post
I am admittedly not very experienced with relationships myself, only been in a few in life so far tbh, but I have heard it said that one of the best ways of getting over a lost love is to try to find a potential new love? (Not meant as a rebound relationship or FWB situation, but rather as a real, genuine full and loving, caring relationship?)
Right, but not as a substitute for what he just lost. First the OP needs to grieve his loss, get past that, heal from all the stuff she dragged him through, get back to a place of stability, and then maybe he'll be ready to attract some positive energy. If he gets involved with anyone in the next few weeks or months, it would be from a place of neediness, and that would only invite more trouble.

Take care, OP.

Old 11-13-2016, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Oh. I thought the main issue was that she got back with her ex, or was seeing him, anyway.

So she's with somebody new, and she's already engaged? She's crazy, OP. Nobody just starts seeing a guy, and gets engaged. It's not normal. So you dodged a bullet. You didn't know it at the time you got involved with her, so you thought you were the only one she'd done that with, but you can see now that it's her m.o. Now some other guy will be paying her expenses, blah blah. Boy, I feel sorry for that child, bouncing around from one "dad" to another.

She isn't who you thought she was, OP. It was just a dream, I'm sorry. She doesn't deserve a good guy like you. Somewhere out there is a good woman who will do right by you.

Tomorrow, go to the gym and pound a punching bag until you drop. Best of luck, OP.
Yeah I'll see what I can do, my mind is fried right now.
Quote:
Right, but not as a substitute for what he just lost. First the OP needs to grieve his loss, get past that, heal from all the stuff she dragged him through, get back to a place of stability, and then maybe he'll be ready to attract some positive energy. If he gets involved with anyone in the next few weeks or months, it would be from a place of neediness, and that would only invite more trouble.

Take care, OP.
I'll try too

Old 11-13-2016, 09:26 PM

7 posts, read 5,473 times
Default Become Independant!

My Friend we have all been there. The key is to become independent. You see when two independent people come together it is called an interdependent relationship. Each one can comfortably and confidently be by themselves. I swear to you, I am not referring to bitterness, selfishness, or coldness. This is just fact, and the more you rely on yourself to be happy, the more of this life you will truthfully enjoy. We only get one shot my friend...LIVE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships