Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 11:58 AM

87 posts, read 133,793 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

I met this guy end of August of this year and we've been hanging out at least once a week ever since. Let's call him August guy. I really like him.

One month into the friendship, I asked him where he saw this going. He said he wanted to take things one day at a time.

I explained to him that I would continue to go on dates, etc. since we are not in a committed relationship.

He told me that he does not WANT me to see other people.

I continued to go on occasional dates while investing the bulk of my free time with August guy and I haven't met anyone else I really like.

Last week, I was hanging out with a new guy friend of mine who seems to be interested in me but we have not crossed the line from platonic friends. While on my way to meet new guy friend, I was texting August guy and told him where I was headed. He happened to be nearby and wanted to stop by. I then told him I am hanging out with a guy friend. Anyway, he stopped by and it was kind of awkward.

My new guy friend asked August guy what his intentions are with me. From whatever answer August guy gave new guy, new guy seems to think that August guy is playing games with me.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to hang out with new guy and told August guy that we're going back to the same bar and he wanted to come hang out too. Mind you I just spent all of Friday evening and part of Saturday morning with August guy.

Yesterday, I was texting August guy and mentioned that new guy thinks he's playing games with me. August guy thought that was rude and wanted me to take up for him with new guy.

I left the situation alone because that's new guy's opinion and he's entitled to his opinion. I did not see disrespect in his comment.

I canceled tomorrow's hangout with August guy to go to a meetup instead where I can meet new people. I honestly don't know what August guy wants with me at this point because he doesn't want a serious relationship yet has an issue with me seeing other people. He has not replied to my text canceling tomorrow's hangout.

I'm not sure how to move forward. Any word of encouragement or advice is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 12:16 PM

1,261 posts, read 972,063 times
Ill be honest, I didn't read your whole thing, but the title tells me all. Move on to someone who wants a real relationship.

Old 11-16-2016, 12:21 PM

87 posts, read 133,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand McLovin View Post
Ill be honest, I didn't read your whole thing, but the title tells me all. Move on to someone who wants a real relationship.
You're right. It'll be three months next week since we've been dating. Is that enough time to determine whether you want someone long term or not?

Old 11-16-2016, 12:22 PM

1,261 posts, read 972,063 times
Plenty of time. Know your self worth and know that you don't have to subject yourself to his mind games playing BS.

Old 11-16-2016, 12:25 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,910,434 times
Yes August guy is playing games with you.
Continue to see other guys.
Don't include August guy in activities with other guys.

Old 11-16-2016, 12:50 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times
I'd keep searching for someone I'm attracted to, who wants the same thing as I do, and is very forth coming and honest about their intentions.

Old 11-16-2016, 12:55 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,346,235 times
Move on. If August guy doesn't want a steady relationship, then he's just stringing you along. You didn't say whether or not you're into New guy but if not, friendzone him or drop him.

Old 11-16-2016, 02:55 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,908,083 times
Time to find "November Guy"

Old 11-17-2016, 05:24 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,959,573 times
August guy wants in your pants.

New guy is right in he is playing you.

However, don't tell other people what people say.

Old 11-17-2016, 06:34 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times
He doesn't want to commit but wants you to...that's not a relationship, it's just stringing you along.
But, it doesn't sound like you really care that much so continue to see him too, if you want, as long as you don't expect anything from him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships