Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 10:00 AM
qwy qwy started this thread

296 posts, read 520,642 times

Advertisements

I was doing a google search about clothing when this obscure post from another forum site caught my attention; after reading it I realized that I had no idea what I would do if this happened to me since I have never known anyone to be in this type of situation before.

So I am curious as to what others would do in the same situation.

The post went like this:

A guy is dating a girl for a few weeks and when they finally decide to have sex he said
that he lost all attraction for her after her clothes came off and he saw her fully nude
body. Apparently she was really good at dressing and choosing clothes to down play her
belly fat, stretch marks, cellulite, and sagging breast.

He could not bring himself to have sex with her after seeing her naked. He said that
she did not appear fat when he was dating her, she was just on the slightly chubby
side but her over all body appeared to be of average weight. He felt really bad about
it because he really likes her, but he is just no longer attracted to her after seeing
her body without her clothes on.

How would you break up with someone after this? Especially if (I'm assuming) he was courting her strongly in the beginning of the relationship.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:09 AM

9,989 posts, read 5,691,547 times
If I liked her that much and we were compatible in all other ways I'd give myself some more time to try to overcome my apprehension about her nude physique. Otherwise... what's wrong with honesty? "I'm sorry but I'm just not attracted to you and I don't see how we can make this work if there isn't mutual attraction."

Old 11-19-2016, 10:15 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,389,568 times
I'd say he should break up with her with the same level of nastiness as he feels - for HER benefit he should fully show his disgusting shallow side so there is no mistaking that he's a creep. She deserves far better than to be with someone who thinks so badly of a chubby person.

SHE could have been just as surprised at concealed belly or body hair but as a woman, why would she care?

Old 11-19-2016, 10:20 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
LOL. I can't be the only woman who has been unpleasantly surprised by, er, body hair, etc. when the clothes come off.

Works both ways, fellas.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:21 AM

Either you're attracted to someone or you're not. Not being attracted to someone doesn't make them a creep.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:31 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,476,314 times
It works both ways. If you're not attracted to someone when you see them naked, it's not like you can just ignore it. Minor things, sure, but when the reality is significantly different than the presentation, you're justified in moving on. How many people want a faked relationship just to avoid being shallowly called shallow?

Old 11-19-2016, 10:34 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Either you're attracted to someone or you're not. Not being attracted to someone doesn't make them a creep.
Okay, sure, but you can't see how devastating and humiliating it might be to a woman who thought she had a real connection with someone and allowed herself to be as vulnerable as she could with him, only to discover that he couldn't stand the sight of her? This isn't just a typical, "I don't think we're a good match. Good luck!" situation.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:36 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,389,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
It works both ways. If you're not attracted to someone when you see them naked, it's not like you can just ignore it. Minor things, sure, but when the reality is significantly different than the presentation, you're justified in moving on. How many people want a faked relationship just to avoid being shallowly called shallow?
Sure, but a man should know HIMSELF well enough to not put someone through weeks of a relationship if looks/body are that important. I find it a bit unlikely for so shallow a man to even be willing to wait weeks for sex but I'm going along with the OP....cuz I don't wanna start no trouble

Old 11-19-2016, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Okay, sure, but you can't see how devastating and humiliating it might be to a woman who thought she had a real connection with someone and allowed herself to be as vulnerable as she could with him, only to discover that he couldn't stand the sight of her? This isn't just a typical, "I don't think we're a good match. Good luck!" situation.
So what would YOU do if confronted with a situation like that? Just bite a sock to suppress your gag reflex and get on with it, and THEN dump her?

Old 11-19-2016, 10:41 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,369,680 times
Honestly? You should love yourself in the mirror before you go foisting shallow physical insecurity on others.

Quote:
So what would YOU do if confronted with a situation like that? Just bite a sock to suppress your gag reflex and get on with it, and THEN dump her?
Have sex with her. What you were attracted to was the package right? So, that means she's a sharp dresser, knows how to become beautiful if she wants. What people look like naked is between the two of them, especially if she hides it well. That's why it's called intimacy.

I am a genderfluid person (what you'd call a crossdresser, but which psych issues). With clothes on I have the basic curves and face of a woman (as I'm not muscular, hard jawed, or particularly masculine and because I know how to dress for this). Without clothes, I have... something down below, and a flatter chest. The people who life me, like me regardless. I think it's vain to be all like "okay, no, I don't feel like it now."

Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 11-19-2016 at 10:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships