Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 03:39 PM

5 posts, read 8,087 times

Advertisements

I snooped on my boyfriends phone, I know. And I appeared to find something in a chat with his close guy friends when they were on a trip away his friend said that my boyfriend had went out with a transvestite? Now I don't know what to think of this. Also i had read something else that there was drugs on this trip when he stated to me that there definitely wasn't, now I know he's lying. Do I confront him and admit I snooped? I'm afraid of his reaction as I know how these things usually go, girl admits it and boy gets angry for girl snooping then makes the girl feel bad for snooping. In this situation I don't know what to do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 03:46 PM

Well he's very stubborn boy and will try completely put the blame on me for snooping in the first place I know I shouldn't have but I have issues about trust and this doesn't make it any better.

Old 08-13-2017, 03:59 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,062,090 times
Either you trust him or you don't. Obviously you don't or you wouldn't have snooped--and you didn't like the answer.

It's simple: do you want to be with someone who lies to you? Is that how you deserve to be treated?

If yes, go and snoop no more.

Old 08-13-2017, 04:04 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,078,910 times
Ah, the age old "I snooped but I found out something bad so what do I do?" situation. Been there, done that, thankfully outgrew it. I only did it once and it was with a guy who had cheated on me and I (stupid) gave multiple chances. I snooped and each time guess what I found? Horrible stuff(nudes from chicks, sexting, etc) because HE was horrible. I just ended it and never looked back. I had never been that girl and didn't like that he made me act that way. I learned the hard way like some of us have to.

Do you want to be with someone that you feel the need to go through his phone? Was the date with the transvestite in the past? If so, it doesn't really matter. Are there other reasons you feel like you can't trust him?

You can confront him, but you have to keep in mine that you also did wrong by going through his phone. If you have that bad of trust issues, I suggest taking time and working on that. How old are you guys?

Old 08-13-2017, 04:06 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
What kind of drugs?

Better get tested, OP.

Old 08-13-2017, 04:11 PM

The whole transvestite thing was when we were together I'm with him 3 years now. Thanks for advice everyone!

Old 08-13-2017, 04:15 PM

125 posts, read 81,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly2010 View Post
I snooped on my boyfriends phone, I know. And I appeared to find something in a chat with his close guy friends when they were on a trip away his friend said that my boyfriend had went out with a transvestite? Now I don't know what to think of this. Also i had read something else that there was drugs on this trip when he stated to me that there definitely wasn't, now I know he's lying. Do I confront him and admit I snooped? I'm afraid of his reaction as I know how these things usually go, girl admits it and boy gets angry for girl snooping then makes the girl feel bad for snooping. In this situation I don't know what to do
You are his girflriend, there is no reason he should be hiding his phone data from you. Rediculous. And ignore those who try to lie to you to get you to believe untruths. Looking at someone's phone IS NOT A SIN. That is of someone who has something to hide

You didn't snoop. He is your boyfriend. He was ON ILLEGAL drugs and dating a transvestite, someone else after lying to you. Pretending to commit to you.

You are his girlfriend, no reason he needs to hide his phone. And you found out he was lying so no reason to be feeling YOU did something wrong in finding out the truth about his lying, his drug use and dating a tranny. He needs to earn that trust back by being TOTALLY transparent. And remorseful for his betrayal against you, lying, illegal activity, etc...

You seem very confused about right and wrong. You need to understand the difference. Looking at someone's telephone history is not a sin.
HE IS YOUR BOYFRIEND. His recreationall drug use is a sin, it is wrong.. Lying to you is a sin, it is wrong. Fornication is a sin, it is wrong.

So forget about YOU. You didn't do anything wrong.

He has lots of explaining to do.

Unless you choose to ignore it and watch him VERY VERY closely for some years for now on.. It is possible history will not repeat itself.

I'd continue to look at his phone history for some years going forward from time to time. You know you CLEARLY need to do so, there is no question about that. So looking at his phone is perfectly fine, if he feels it is not, then he is hiding something. And you may need to break up with him as he is not interested enough in you to be transparent. He cannot be trusted from here on out so there is no reason he has the right to privacy anymore, he must be transparent. Or just break up with the looser since he clearly doesn't care for you.

If he blames you for HIS WRONGS against YOU, run like the wind. And never look back. Also get tested for STD's which is a good idea anyhow.

Good luck

Last edited by TruckeeWannabee; 08-13-2017 at 04:25 PM..

Old 08-13-2017, 04:25 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
He has been unfaithful and lied about drug use.

Why does there have to be a talk or anything? Just break up with him.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-13-2017, 04:36 PM

13,286 posts, read 8,460,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly2010 View Post
Well he's very stubborn boy and will try completely put the blame on me for snooping in the first place I know I shouldn't have but I have issues about trust and this doesn't make it any better.

Um....pretty sure you are accountable for the snooping...so unsure how he is suppose to ascertain your action?

First step is to acknowledge you have trust issues. well done in admitting that.

The active invasion of privacy is indeed of concern.

He is not in this world to be surveillanced by you, so take that role off your plate.

Hope the relationship can get back on track.

Old 08-13-2017, 04:40 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,724,837 times
What led you to snoop in the first place? Were their signs and you were ignoring potential red flags before all of this took place?

Regardless, he cheated and he lied.

It's up to you, what to do next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships