Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 10:34 AM

531 posts, read 384,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Any time a person says "most" or "all" you've instantly lost people, generalizations are foolish.... "most" adults have figured that one out.

Next.
Good to know that they have. Anything else you want to teach
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 10:36 AM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise of virtue View Post
Good to know that they have. Anything else you want to teach
So you are going to be snarky to him, when you posted your own opinion on the same thread?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-21-2016, 10:38 AM

Gender bashing is not allowed. I have tried to move this thread away from bashing men. If it deteriorates it will be closed.

Old 11-21-2016, 10:48 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
(Assuming we're not talking about someone who inherently selfish and either did a good job fooling their partner or their partner was simply blind to it)

When the newness wears off, people get comfortable with one another and stop trying to impress each other. It's not uncommon for people to put into the relationship proportionate to what they're getting out of it. One person may think they're putting in a ton of effort, but missing the mark in the areas that are actually important to their partner. Personally, I think women generally have it a little easier in that regard: a lot of men are happy and feel their needs are met when their partner listens to them, is loyal, keeps their belly full, and their balls empty. Stop wasting energy on scrubbing the bathtub and cooking fancy dinners 6 nights per week, when dude just wants to eat a taco over the sink and get some lovin'

Old 11-21-2016, 10:57 AM

3,143 posts, read 2,659,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
(Assuming we're not talking about someone who inherently selfish and either did a good job fooling their partner or their partner was simply blind to it)

When the newness wears off, people get comfortable with one another and stop trying to impress each other. It's not uncommon for people to put into the relationship proportionate to what they're getting out of it. One person may think they're putting in a ton of effort, but missing the mark in the areas that are actually important to their partner. Personally, I think women generally have it a little easier in that regard: a lot of men are happy and feel their needs are met when their partner listens to them, is loyal, keeps their belly full, and their balls empty. Stop wasting energy on scrubbing the bathtub and cooking fancy dinners 6 nights per week, when dude just wants to eat a taco over the sink and get some lovin'

pretty much this and I can actually cook and feed myself!

Old 11-21-2016, 10:57 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
People change all the time, in or out of a relationship.

Old 11-21-2016, 10:59 AM

I think keeping a man happy is much easier than keeping a woman happy.... at least in my relationship. I have to agree with Ms. Mathlete.

Old 11-21-2016, 11:32 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I agree that most men do not seem as chore oriented. It seems they don't see it and/or it is not a priority. It's always a case of whoever it bothers the most...... ends up doing the chore.
Then there are men, like me for instance, who have been fulltime caregivers for their wives who have medical issues and physical limitations we've compensated for over the course of many years. It makes us the chief cooks and bottle washers, shoppers, errand runners, chauffeurs, pet minders, launderers, house maintainers, etc. Since I have my own physical and mobility limitations now I do admit to having a housekeeper come in every two weeks to do the heavy lifting as well as a lawn service. It also helps that I enjoy cooking and am rather good at it. I even clean up after myself.

There are no absolutes.

Old 11-21-2016, 11:34 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Okay thanks a lot - I bawling my eyes out now; for them, for me, for the life I don't have anymore.
Where there's life there's hope and you may have it all again. If that's what you want then that's my hope for you.

Old 11-21-2016, 11:54 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonna View Post
Not everybody has yard, some live in flats...house repairs aren't needed to be made everyday, like food for example. Women still have more work to do around the house, cleaning dust, washing clothes, making food, going to buy food and etc...
It sounds like you didn't pay attention to these things before you got married. This is not about "men". It is about your own particular man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships