Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why do women flirt with men
To show general interest. 23 36.51%
For no reason at all. 28 44.44%
To show an interest in having sex with a man. 2 3.17%
To show a possible romantic interest. 10 15.87%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 09:58 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,311 times

Advertisements

This is thread is related to the "why men don't pursue women anymore" thread. This is one of the reasons. Women flirt to have their ego stroked, and if men take those flirtation as hints that she is interested then we get blown off because they were just flirting to boost their own ego, and if we don't act upon it then we don't have no balls.

Lose-Lose situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 12:41 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,195,902 times
Don't put up with women playing games.Flirting they better be ready for sex.

hillman

Old 01-21-2010, 12:44 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,642,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
I voted the first one.....

In my case it's because I'm hot and they want me though...... Right???

Hello???
Wellllll duh! What did you think they were flirting with you for?

Old 01-21-2010, 12:46 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,642,263 times
Let's not forget too, a lot of women (and men) are naturally flirtatious and they don't even realize that they are flirting. It's just part of their charming personality if you will. I'm a flirt but my friends know it's just me, I don't do it with any intended purpose.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:48 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,524,763 times
Weird poll. Every option is a reason at one time or another for a girl to hit on you.

In my case, I just think they wan't to get closer to my dog.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:54 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,085 times
For 2 reasons and 2 reasons only

1) Because they are really interested in you

and

2) Because they want to guage how attractive they are to men by observing how the men respond to the flirtation. It empowers them in a way, because there is nothing more reedeming to alot of women out there than knowing that they can have a guy that really wants them who they really don't want themselves.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:58 PM

1,353 posts, read 3,915,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
Don't put up with women playing games.Flirting they better be ready for sex.

hillman
I have been kicked out of bars and clubs for slapping multiple women in the face for playing this "flirting" game. I bet they don't flirt too much anymore! Little sluts!

I'M KIDDING!! Calm down, geez! A little bit of flirting is fun, but it gets old quick if it doesn't go anywhere or you know they're just playing with you.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:13 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,029,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
This is thread is related to the "why men don't pursue women anymore" thread. This is one of the reasons. Women flirt to have their ego stroked, and if men take those flirtation as hints that she is interested then we get blown off because they were just flirting to boost their own ego, and if we don't act upon it then we don't have no balls.

Lose-Lose situation.
This bothers me when girls do it AND I make a conscious effort to not go all out and flirt like it's the last chance I'll ever get with guys I have zero interest in. It just seems so cruel. . . like dragging a kid to the candy store and then locking him out and making him watch you eat all the candy.

I'm not a huge flirter 24/7, but I pull the big guns out when I need to. I save my skills for special people.

However, I do suppose I might be accused of being a serial flirter because I always make an effort to be warm and friendly to people and make them feel comfortable around me. Often, guys mistake this for flirting, regardless of the fact that I'm not touching them or doing anything remotely sexual/seductive. A smile and a friendly conversation do not always equal flirting! When I flirt, you'll know it.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:13 PM

732 posts, read 1,045,776 times
I'm a man and picked #2 in the poll. I also think many women flirt just for the attention and for an ego pick-me-up. Maybe they've been feeling unappreciated by their SO or maybe they're coming off a fight with them. Any man who takes these flirtations seriously is kidding himself.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:20 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post

As Maria says, women don't flirt with ugly men.
i can attest to that,women make sure they give em zero signs that their interested..They wanna make sure i have no dellusions i can get them..

Which is probably better for me..For someone whos horrible with women if some girl flirted with me and got my hopes up then i found out i was being played id be devastated..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships