Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 04:02 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey4Life View Post
You would be surprised. Don't you see gorgeous women dating guys that are completely unattractive? Usually attractive people get with other attractive people but I do see it at times where the woman is much more attractive. It's definitely not the guys looks for why she's with him.
But you're saying this isn't what you want so haven't you answered your own question?

You "couldn't" be with a woman you aren't very physically attracted to and you have said eight or nine times alone that you would feel bad about/would never want a woman to be not at all attracted to you so what is it you're looking for here? You've already answered your own question. It doesn't matter whether we'd date outside our "preferences" or not, you say you couldn't do it. So, there. That's it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 04:14 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
If you're not attracted to them....don't try to date them.

I've tried giving guys I felt no type of attraction toward chances in the past to see if they would grow on me, and I always ended up hurting their feelings. You shouldn't have to "try" to like someone. If it's not there, it's not there. Pretty cut and dry for me.

Old 12-11-2016, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
If you're not attracted to them....don't try to date them.

I've tried giving guys I felt no type of attraction toward chances in the past to see if they would grow on me, and I always ended up hurting their feelings. You shouldn't have to "try" to like someone. If it's not there, it's not there. Pretty cut and dry for me.
I actually agree with this although I can't say it's any one "body type" (as described by the OP) that caused the attraction. It might not be the body at all that's the attraction, which is a major sticking point for the OP, I feel, because for him it IS the body that's the attraction and he requires that it also be his body type that's the attraction for the woman.

Given that, there's no way such a thing can work out so I'm not sure why he's even asking, especially considering the fact that every person who's replied to the contrary of that, he has contradicted saying he "just couldn't" do it. So...why ask the question? It's a mystery. OP already knew the answer. I don't know what he was looking for here since he already knew what he was definitively going to say and what he "can't" possibly do.

Old 12-11-2016, 05:07 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I actually agree with this although I can't say it's any one "body type" (as described by the OP) that caused the attraction. It might not be the body at all that's the attraction, which is a major sticking point for the OP, I feel, because for him it IS the body that's the attraction and he requires that it also be his body type that's the attraction for the woman.

Given that, there's no way such a thing can work out so I'm not sure why he's even asking, especially considering the fact that every person who's replied to the contrary of that, he has contradicted saying he "just couldn't" do it. So...why ask the question? It's a mystery. OP already knew the answer. I don't know what he was looking for here since he already knew what he was definitively going to say and what he "can't" possibly do.
Validation more than likely.

Or he simply doesn't understand his own feelings.

Old 12-11-2016, 06:16 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Validation more than likely.

Or he simply doesn't understand his own feelings.
He seems to be on the edge of panic that he is going to have to "settle" because he does so poorly with women.

Old 12-11-2016, 06:29 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,959,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey4Life View Post
You would be surprised. Don't you see gorgeous women dating guys that are completely unattractive? Usually attractive people get with other attractive people but I do see it at times where the woman is much more attractive. It's definitely not the guys looks for why she's with him.
You are assuming that because you view the guy the hot girl is dating as unattractive .. that she's also finds him unattractive. To further my point... a hot girl would probably have a lot of options... including hot guys or the type guys who fit their wish list. Why would she have to settle for someone who doesn't fit the bill?
And your right.... it probably isn't just about his looks... could be about his personality, how he treats her, -and a bunch of other things. Personally I rather date a guy who treats me right.

Old 12-11-2016, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
He seems to be on the edge of panic that he is going to have to "settle" because he does so poorly with women.
But I thought what he was worried about here was the opposite - not that he wouldn't find a girl who was attractive to him, but that some girl might go out with him even though she wasn't very physically attractive to him?

Am I reading that wrong?

Old 12-11-2016, 06:46 PM

251 posts, read 188,477 times
I don't think for most people their preferences are that rigid. Sure I prefer taller men (my late husband was 6'5) but that doesn't mean I find shorter men unattractive. It's the whole package for me. I actually had a date last night with a man that is much shorter than I normally prefer but I found myself very attracted to him because he has a lot of other qualities that I find attractive in a man (light eyes, dark hair, smart, funny, kind.)

I think if this woman didn't find you attractive at all than she wouldn't date you in the first place. So maybe you're not her dream guy in terms of appearance so what. Is she your dream woman? Maybe not but that doesn't mean you're not attracted to her.

Old 12-11-2016, 07:11 PM

599 posts, read 693,176 times
I don't think you should bolt, win her over.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:20 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,959,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Because he's nice, treats her well, has a good job, she doesn't want to be single, etc.

Well apparently those traits make him " attractive " to her. There's a lot more to attraction than the physical...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships