Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 12:39 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,993,273 times

Advertisements

I can't add anything really, but I approve of your girlfriend guarding her children from a rollercoaster of casual relationships. It sounds like OP is ripe for a change in lifestyle, so just talk with each other and see where the relationship goes.
I don't t think op said how old the boys are, or how long the mom has been divorced. These things factor into the timetable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 01:11 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
She puts her kids above a man that shows she's a good person.

Old 12-22-2016, 02:05 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebellious1 View Post
Thanks everyone.

So I went and bought a tin container of popcorn(3 varieties) and a small tree ornament with her name on it. I didn't go for the candy because I remember her telling me her boys can't eat a lot of candy. But they do eat popcorn while watching Christmas movies so the popcorn is something she could share with her boys.

I think that's perfect!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-22-2016, 02:25 PM

251 posts, read 188,542 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone.

So I went and bought a tin container of popcorn(3 varieties) and a small tree ornament with her name on it. I didn't go for the candy because I remember her telling me her boys can't eat a lot of candy. But they do eat popcorn while watching Christmas movies so the popcorn is something she could share with her boys.
Yep, I think it's perfect too!!

Old 12-22-2016, 03:00 PM

807 posts, read 1,353,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I can't add anything really, but I approve of your girlfriend guarding her children from a rollercoaster of casual relationships. It sounds like OP is ripe for a change in lifestyle, so just talk with each other and see where the relationship goes.
I don't t think op said how old the boys are, or how long the mom has been divorced. These things factor into the timetable.

Her boys are 5 and 10 years old and she has been divorced for almost 3 years.

Old 12-22-2016, 05:27 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Her boys are 5 and 10 years old and she has been divorced for almost 3 years.
That's great. It's not a rebound thing. The boys are acclaimated to being separated from their father. They are also still young enough to accept you. If your relationship continues to grow, aim for being their friend and ally, instead of a substitute father.
The best thing you can do for them is to make their mother happy and secure, and to treat their father as a friend who you work with for their wellbeing.

Old 12-22-2016, 06:38 PM

602 posts, read 395,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
That's great. It's not a rebound thing. The boys are acclaimated to being separated from their father. They are also still young enough to accept you. If your relationship continues to grow, aim for being their friend and ally, instead of a substitute father.
The best thing you can do for them is to make their mother happy and secure, and to treat their father as a friend who you work with for their wellbeing.
^^^^ yes. all this.

Old 12-22-2016, 07:01 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,736,853 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone.

My kids LOVE popcorn! Good choice! And the ornament is a good idea too

Old 12-23-2016, 01:30 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,154,110 times
Take her out to look at Christmas lights!!

Old 12-23-2016, 04:13 PM

807 posts, read 1,353,778 times
Local organizations and businesses have set up Christmas lights/displays throughout a local park here so I plan to take her there for a walk if the weather is ok. Then riding around and looking at neighborhood lights.

I really hope she has a good time. She made me slow dance with her on our first date and there has only been one other person to ever get me on a dance floor. I thought I would slow dance with her to some Christmas music when we got back home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships