Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 09:43 AM

365 posts, read 258,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half_Life View Post
WOW, so many great replies...thankyou! I have printed them all out & stuck them round the house as a reminder of what I need to do. The sex is a big draw, and all the emotional hooks. It's an unhealthy relationship addiction that I WILL BREAK. Big thanks x
You sound like a Nice Guy.

May I recommend the book No More Mr. Nice Guy. It's not about being a selfish jerk, but about how NG's bend over backward to please others, especially women, and in return, at best, have none of their needs met. At worst they get repeatedly kicked in the teeth and taken for granted. This is not a good deal.

Be open, honest, and put yourself and your daughter first. Most women, maybe not this one, will respect that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 09:51 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,615,402 times
Dude...

As someone else said, the best thing that ever happened to you is your daughter. Focus on her.
Understand that if you continue to have this 'woman' in your life, she will be who your daughter looks to as a woman. Do you want your daughter to turn out like her? We are a product of our environments.

Tell this 'woman' (I use the term loosely) that you two are done. Finished. Toast. History.
Cut all ties.
Block her number from your cell phone.
Remove her number from your cell phone.
Remove her from any social media that you use that has 'her' in it.
If she knocks on your door, do not answer it.
Under any and all circumstances, CUT ALL TIES AND DO IT NOW!

You'll be a lot healthier in the long run.
You may feel as if your heart has been ripped from your chest, but it's a lot better than the destruction that she'll cause if you continue to have her in your life.

I wish you the best.. and I really do mean that.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:03 AM

8 posts, read 5,285 times
I have followed all of the advice and deleted her from EVERYTHING! It has generally been me that has reached out to her the last three months & I understand now that I am simply hitting the reset button & hurting both of us more and more.. I know what needs to be done now and I thank you for all your input & time. Hurts like crazy but I know the future would be crazier with her in it. Much love x

Old 03-01-2017, 10:03 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,424,866 times
Quote:
I have followed all of the advice and deleted her from EVERYTHING! It has generally been me that has reached out to her the last three months & I understand now that I am simply hitting the reset button & hurting both of us more and more.. I know what needs to be done now and I thank you for all your input & time. Hurts like crazy but I know the future would be crazier with her in it. Much love x
Good for you!!!

Old 03-01-2017, 10:10 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,988,136 times
I am still trying to figuring out why you call her clever and wonderful.

But hey, good for you to cut all ties. I hope you stay strong.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:12 AM

1,180 posts, read 2,924,068 times
and DO NOT introduce your little daughter to anyone so early in the game!

Old 03-01-2017, 10:38 AM

3,055 posts, read 2,930,351 times
Quote:
us on myself but I still keep getting these nagging doubts that I'm losing the best thing that ever happened to me..
The best thing that could happen to you is to get away from this crazy person!!!! (You also don't need your daughter growing up with and possibly being influenced by this brand of crazy).

Quote:
Great to hear. I'm glad you realize you dodged a bullet, one that would have hurt a lot worse than what you're feeling now. In time I'm sure the hurt feelings will be replaced by thankfulness.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombus View Post
You sound like a Nice Guy.

May I recommend the book No More Mr. Nice Guy. It's not about being a selfish jerk, but about how NG's bend over backward to please others, especially women, and in return, at best, have none of their needs met. At worst they get repeatedly kicked in the teeth and taken for granted. This is not a good deal.

Be open, honest, and put yourself and your daughter first. Most women, maybe not this one, will respect that.
Who is the author please?

Old 03-01-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit82 View Post
and DO NOT introduce your little daughter to anyone so early in the game!
Such good avice. A few friends have told me this too x

Old 03-01-2017, 11:53 AM

9,376 posts, read 6,985,952 times
To the original post....

what did I just read?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships