Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 09:45 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times

Advertisements

How is it that two adults allow others to keep them away from each other?
Unnecessary dramatics then and it continues to this date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2017, 10:57 PM

1,658 posts, read 1,257,088 times
OP, if he really wanted to date you, he would've asked you out by now.

Old 03-10-2017, 11:02 PM

52,272 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace84 View Post
I fell for a guy at a walking group a few years ago. There was a mutual attraction but people in the walking group did everything they could to make sure we did not date. At the time I thought these people were friends and were trying to protect me. It turns out some of the men lied as they wanted to date me and some of the women lied as they wanted to date him.

Over the years I have seen him but many times I have struggled to make eye contact or speak to him as though he isn't there as I never knew what was true. I was only temporarily not speaking to him at the time as I needed to gather my thoughts but then it got harder for me to make the first move and speak to him.

I know he still likes me and he would love to date me. Some of his friends who I know and are not part of the trouble making walking group have told me this and I know as he recently has tried to speak to me and said hello and asked how I was and I said hi but then he had to go to a birthday party.

I just feel so much heartache as I know we would make such a great couple but I don't even know how or what to say to him.
Then just go for it. Stop wasting precious time.

Let him know, be intellectually and emotionally honest with him.

Screw the walking group.

Old 03-11-2017, 10:43 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post

I disagree; that's so junior high school.

If he wanted to ask you out he would have.

It's fantasy. Daydreaming. Corny drama.

Find another walking group.
For real! I walk alone. I meet more men without a gaggle of morons in tow lol.

Old 03-11-2017, 11:15 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,986 times
It makes for a good Lifetime TV movie... The Walking Club Kept Us Apart, a True Story of Walking... and Star-crossed Lovers.

Old 03-11-2017, 11:35 AM

2,320 posts, read 2,559,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post

I disagree; that's so junior high school.

If he wanted to ask you out he would have.

It's fantasy. Daydreaming. Corny drama.

Find another walking group.

You are welcome to disagree; my thought is that many of these relationship questions are very immature, but that's where the OP seems to be right now and she was hoping for some sort of resolution or closure. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Sometimes two shy people need help; further, if he doesn't follow up then she knows for sure and doesn't have to wonder. Just my opinion.

Old 03-11-2017, 11:55 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Is this the same walking group guy as 2 / 4 years ago that your other posts were about?

Old 03-11-2017, 02:45 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,788 times
Uh oh.....Walking Group Chronicles

Old 03-11-2017, 02:57 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace84 View Post
I fell for a guy at a walking group a few years ago. There was a mutual attraction but people in the walking group did everything they could to make sure we did not date. At the time I thought these people were friends and were trying to protect me. It turns out some of the men lied as they wanted to date me and some of the women lied as they wanted to date him.

Over the years I have seen him but many times I have struggled to make eye contact or speak to him as though he isn't there as I never knew what was true. I was only temporarily not speaking to him at the time as I needed to gather my thoughts but then it got harder for me to make the first move and speak to him.

I know he still likes me and he would love to date me. Some of his friends who I know and are not part of the trouble making walking group have told me this and I know as he recently has tried to speak to me and said hello and asked how I was and I said hi but then he had to go to a birthday party.

I just feel so much heartache as I know we would make such a great couple but I don't even know how or what to say to him.
Whose fault is that? You.

Old 03-11-2017, 06:46 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Is this the same walking group guy as 2 / 4 years ago that your other posts were about?
hmmmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships