Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 08:10 AM

53 posts, read 135,918 times

Advertisements

My friend just told me that her husband wants to divorce her because he met a Russian girl on a dating website and that girl wants to marry this husband. My friend and her husband has been married for 12 years and they have two beautiful kids. Now her husband wants a divorce just for that girl he never met. They never meet each other in person, just use skype and chat online. That girl is only 23 years old. My friend's husband is already 41 years old. The Russian girl knows the guy is married and has two little kids, but still wants to marry him. In the husband's words, they are deeply in love now!! When I heard my friend's story, I was completely shocked, I just can't believe that, first I thought it's a scam, the Russian girl must be up to something, but my friend told me that her husband has applied the visa to Russia and is going to Russia to meet that girl after he gets the visa. What can I do to help my friend? I know I need to comfort her and support her, but I think this is a scam, I want to help my friend do something to prevent her husband from this scam and from going to Russia to meet that girl. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2017, 08:18 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
She should hire the best divorce attorney she can -- now.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:18 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nndlvc View Post
My friend just told me that her husband wants to divorce her because he met a Russian girl on a dating website and that girl wants to marry this husband. My friend and her husband has been married for 12 years and they have two beautiful kids. Now her husband wants a divorce just for that girl he never met. They never meet each other in person, just use skype and chat online. That girl is only 23 years old. My friend's husband is already 41 years old. The Russian girl knows the guy is married and has two little kids, but still wants to marry him. In the husband's words, they are deeply in love now!! When I heard my friend's story, I was completely shocked, I just can't believe that, first I thought it's a scam, the Russian girl must be up to something, but my friend told me that her husband has applied the visa to Russia and is going to Russia to meet that girl after he gets the visa. What can I do to help my friend? I know I need to comfort her and support her, but I think this is a scam, I want to help my friend do something to prevent her husband from this scam and from going to Russia to meet that girl. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Don't think there is anything you can do to convince the husband of what could potentially be up with this. If he is willing to dump his wife for someone he hasn't met, he is probably too far gone to listen to reason. Best thing I can advise is for your friend to get tested for STDs and get her ducks in a row for divorce. I don't think this is the first time the husbands eyes have gone astray.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:28 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
You never really knows the family situation behind closed doors. I don't think there is much you can do... As Dissenter said, his behavior seems to indicate he is too far off to listen to reason. He may already have checked out of the marriage a long time ago.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:31 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Maybe he is a total dick.

Maybe she was a horrible wife.

You never know.

Frankly, the ditching the kids thing makes him a real piece of work.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:36 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Mind your own business, but be supportive of your friend

Old 03-13-2017, 08:38 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
Whats wrong with this? Pretty much everything, but if the man really wants to make this move there's not much anyone can do. Even if the wife has some financial leverage if they were to divorce, does she really want to keep this guy at this point?

Old 03-13-2017, 08:42 AM

2,093 posts, read 1,926,741 times
He's got a screw loose to ruin a family in this way, but there were probably other underlying issues that the wife won't fess up to.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:54 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,036,420 times
When I was a teenager, I worked with an older lady. She always said "men are pigs." I think there was some truth behind the statement.

However I am sure the wife will get the last laugh on this one. I had a former neighbor that got a mail order Russian bride after he had a failed marriage. The young hot thing, came here, married him, got a green card and left him two years later.

Old 03-13-2017, 09:04 AM

53 posts, read 135,918 times
I do think that girl just wants to come to the states. I know this is not my business, but my friend is devastated, she is the last one knowing this. She is a great wife from my point, supports his husband, raises two kids and takes care of the family. It's so unfair that she has been with her husband for more than a decade , now her husband has a promising career, then wants to dump her for a 23 years old young girl. The young girl doesn't even meet him in person, then wants to marry him, so ridiculous!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships