Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 08:30 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,414,149 times

Advertisements

I am 42 and have no kids. I am a magnet for guys with kids because I guess I am supposed to be a de facto mommy. No thanks. Not my fault you married someone crazy and chose to procreate anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2017, 08:37 PM

25 posts, read 15,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
I am 42 and have no kids. I am a magnet for guys with kids because I guess I am supposed to be a de facto mommy. No thanks. Not my fault you married someone crazy and chose to procreate anyway.
I agree. Same here but in reverse. lol

The only woman I'd date at this point is a cat lady.

Life is already daunting and expensive as it is for single folks, taking on another couple's family is out of the question.

Of course there are people that are OK with that, and that's fine. If that works out then good for them.

Old 04-01-2017, 08:43 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,414,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Griffith View Post
I agree. Same here but in reverse. lol

The only woman I'd date at this point is a cat lady.

Life is already daunting and expensive as it is for single folks, taking on another couple's family is out of the question.

Of course there are people that are OK with that, and that's fine. If that works out then good for them.
How many cats? I have three LOL

Old 04-01-2017, 08:50 PM

Quote:
How many cats? I have three LOL
Yeah 3 is about the average number of cats Cat Ladies have. lol

Anymore would be pushing it, clogging up the air with hair balls.

Old 04-01-2017, 09:19 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,333,002 times
Quote:
I spent my late teens and early twenties studying and working. Now that I'm older, most women who are attracted to me have kids. These same women spent their time partying around in college and having sex with every guy they saw and got pregnant. Now some moms were married and ended up getting a divorce. They aren't all screwups but I'm not taking care of any child if I am not the biological father period. Not my responsibility. Any woman who has kids are off my dating radar I don't care how nice the mom is.

Old 04-01-2017, 09:45 PM

1,440 posts, read 4,427,792 times
Wow, not a lotta love here tonight for those nice single moms with kids huh? Well, same here I guess although I'm pretty much out of the mom w/kids range. Now it's nana with the grandkids. I've found this.....

No matter how special you think you are, no matter how comfortable you feel in the relationship, you are always second best to the kids and third best to the grandkids. If there are pets involved then you're further down the line. This is ok if you "know your place" and can deal with that. Do not expect to be placed in front line status, ever.

This is really an honest way to act if you're natural inclination is to not become a step-anything. And there's no need to harp away on those who feel this way. Honesty should be applauded here. Not everybody can or wants to be Mike Brady. Or Carol Brady.

Old 04-02-2017, 09:50 AM

18,163 posts, read 15,687,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I spent my late teens and early twenties studying and working. Now that I'm older, most women who are attracted to me have kids. These same women spent their time partying around in college and having sex with every guy they saw and got pregnant. Now some moms were married and ended up getting a divorce. They aren't all screwups but I'm not taking care of any child if I am not the biological father period. Not my responsibility. Any woman who has kids are off my dating radar I don't care how nice the mom is.

Lol, good luck with that. Seems to be harder and harder to find a woman without kids anymore. My lady and my kids are grown and on their own. We both adore each others kids. Have very good relations with all three. She has two I have one. Hers live out of state. Mine lives in Reno. She makes yearly plans to get together at a midway point for them all, which I may or may not go with her to. My son is a PBR bull rider, and we make a point to get to watch his events that are somewhat close.

I've raised kids not my own. Adopted them actually. I rather regret doing so now since they have disowned me since their mother and I split. It was all my fault , of course. But meh. That's their call. After a certain age it is quite hard for a man to actually be involved as a Dad with someone else's kids. Even if their biological father is a total maggot, you'll still get the "you're not my Dad" bilge, and they'll go running to mommy spewing what a "meany" you are. I got my fair share of that. If mom backed them up, (shrug) OK, YOU deal with it then. 99.99% of the time, mom would still come back to me for backup.

Still, I do get the kid situation. It can be tough. Much depends on the situation, and if the real father is still in the picture. He wasn't in my case, but he still came up. However, whether a woman has kids or not doesn't go toward the subject here. That's not something that gets her labeled as "damaged good". Not to my mind anyway. I'm looking more at a history of past abuse of some kind or another, having perhaps been used badly, being divorced (myriad of reasons), some other past trauma, (car wreck, war wounds are highly possible physical and mental, fighting through medical issues, the list is endless). Simply having a kid(s) doesn't really fit the criteria I'm looking at for applying labels and judgements.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:47 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,333,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Lol, good luck with that. Seems to be harder and harder to find a woman without kids anymore. My lady and my kids are grown and on their own. We both adore each others kids. Have very good relations with all three. She has two I have one. Hers live out of state. Mine lives in Reno. She makes yearly plans to get together at a midway point for them all, which I may or may not go with her to. My son is a PBR bull rider, and we make a point to get to watch his events that are somewhat close.

I've raised kids not my own. Adopted them actually. I rather regret doing so now since they have disowned me since their mother and I split. It was all my fault , of course. But meh. That's their call. After a certain age it is quite hard for a man to actually be involved as a Dad with someone else's kids. Even if their biological father is a total maggot, you'll still get the "you're not my Dad" bilge, and they'll go running to mommy spewing what a "meany" you are. I got my fair share of that. If mom backed them up, (shrug) OK, YOU deal with it then. 99.99% of the time, mom would still come back to me for backup.

Still, I do get the kid situation. It can be tough. Much depends on the situation, and if the real father is still in the picture. He wasn't in my case, but he still came up. However, whether a woman has kids or not doesn't go toward the subject here. That's not something that gets her labeled as "damaged good". Not to my mind anyway. I'm looking more at a history of past abuse of some kind or another, having perhaps been used badly, being divorced (myriad of reasons), some other past trauma, (car wreck, war wounds are highly possible physical and mental, fighting through medical issues, the list is endless). Simply having a kid(s) doesn't really fit the criteria I'm looking at for applying labels and judgements.
If most women have kids then I just won't date and stay alone... It is that big of a dealbreaker. My ideal woman in the future is a woman who doesn't have kids and doesn't want them. I realize I cut off a lot of women with that requirement but I don't care. I know dating a single mom is something I can't handle. I would never label a mom as damaged goods btw.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Same here. Exact same experience. At least you have a good career and income though. But overall, most of our options at this point are single mothers and single mothers who rode the bad boy / thug carousel, single mothers with hardcore issues, drama, out of control kids.

You should figure out exactly what you want and don't want at this point. For example, I'm now 1,000% sure I don't want any children. IF I was to date and/or do the relationship thing ? A "plain Jane" cat lady would do. Like a down-to-earth nerdy artsy woman who has cats and parakeets. That's it. None of these feminazi high-strung high-maintenance party girl women and/or single mothers.

Old 04-02-2017, 11:11 AM

18,163 posts, read 15,687,092 times
Quote:
If most women have kids then I just won't date and stay alone... It is that big of a dealbreaker. My ideal woman in the future is a woman who doesn't have kids and doesn't want them. I realize I cut off a lot of women with that requirement but I don't care. I know dating a single mom is something I can't handle. I would never label a mom as damaged goods btw.

Like I said, I understand your take. Kids can be an issue. That comes with a whole separate set of potential problems. I don't know how old you are, but if you're pretty young that ups your odds a bit in finding what you're looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships