Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 09:28 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,480,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Adam and Eve tried that, and that didn't end well. According to Christianity (or at least some denominations of it), we're still paying the price for their actions. Judaism doesn't recognize the Original Sin, and I don't know about Islam.

Anyway, I think the relationship between sexes at large is deteriorating, except groups held together "top-down", like Meetup. Largely because they attract friendly, open-minded individuals of both sexes. But I can understand why certain ground rules need to be in place. You wouldn't bring a BLT sandwich to a synagogue, would you? Even if you don't keep kosher or recognize the Torah.
Our differing experiences and opinions are an interesting thing. I don't see it as deteriorating at all. I respect your opinion in Aside from online extreme stuff, everywhere I look, things are better between the sexes than years ago.

For example, the big one, the divorce rate is down and goes down every year. It's at a 40 year low according to the National Center for Family and Marriage Research! (and related to that people are no longer tied man + woman = marriage paradigm anymore. I am not looking to get married and neither is my boyfriend and that's now okay with society. Years ago people would ask, "what's wrong?"). I think that degree of freedom from society's expectations make for happier couples.

Men and women seem to be friends more often than they used to be. Maybe because we now work together and that spills over to play together.

Typical gender roles expectations are fading away. It's not perfect and there are still some sexists in both camps, but things are better. For example, a man can be a nurse and fewer people think less of him like they would have years ago. They used to say, "why isn't he a doctor." Now male nurses are much more common. Woman can be into "extreme sports" and now it's cool, not "butch." This makes for happier people and happier people have better relationships.

I think all in all, both men and women are more willing to see the opposite sex as individuals and not a group of "them" as much as they used to. Do people still have this kind of narrow minded thinking? Of course! We see it here when people ask, "why are women ___" or "why do men do ___" like both are some kind of hive, Borg minded entity that group thinks. But those people are getting more and more rare.

I also tend to be an optimist. So I am sure that influences my opinion too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2017, 09:31 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondvalle View Post
My brother, who is 22, has commented to me that the girls that he hangs around with don't seem to complain much about any perceived lack of quality men. Does anyone have any insight as to why?
Because they are still looking to have fun and not yet realizing the bad boys are not quality men.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:38 AM

69 posts, read 41,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Because they are still looking to have fun and not yet realizing the bad boys are not quality men.
So what are the quality young men supposed to do while their female counterparts are busy going with bad boys? When they eventually want a quality man are those previously ignored males supposed to take them in with open arms? Imagine of the sexes were reversed.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:39 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,871,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
Men and women seem to be friends more often than they used to be. Maybe because we now work together and that spills over to play together.
I'll respond to this part alone, since I have a lot to say about it.

Contrary to most Red Pillers, I enjoy being friends with women, both through Meetup and "organically". I think mixed company has a more fun, playful vibe than an all-man or all-woman group can ever have. Even if there's zero chance of romance ever happening between group members. And in some communities, like classic dancing---an activity I enjoy immensely---a single-sex group is downright impossible. While most of my friends are men, one friend is a woman, and I'm happy to have met her. With that said, I saw enough cringe-inducing examples of long-term relationships in recent years, that until I develop a better strategy for filtering out romantic candidates, I'm eschewing all forms of LTR's. Oh, and you can probably tell I'm not an optimist.

The "deteriorating relationship between sexes" I was referring to referred was mostly about romance/dating.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:48 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,372,211 times
Quote:
So what are the quality young men supposed to do while their female counterparts are busy going with bad boys? When they eventually want a quality man are those previously ignored males supposed to take them in with open arms? Imagine of the sexes were reversed.
Probably the same thing that quality young women do when they see their male counterparts going for party girls. Lots of people in their 20s are just dating to have fun, and yet somehow "quality" people still manage to find each other while not holding someone's past against them.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:51 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,871,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Probably the same thing that quality young women do when they see their male counterparts going for party girls. Lots of people in their 20s are just dating to have fun, and yet somehow "quality" people still manage to find each other while not holding someone's past against them.
"Going for" and "successfully being with" are like night and day. Besides, you're forgetting the 20/80 rule.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:52 AM

641 posts, read 405,442 times
Quote:
My brother, who is 22, has commented to me that the girls that he hangs around with don't seem to complain much about any perceived lack of quality men. Does anyone have any insight as to why?
Younger women are like a kid in a sweet shop with the amount of choice they have, certainly the good looking ones. They can weed out the ones they don't like.

As someone else said they're more willing to date douchebags and bad boys while older women are looking for someone more stable.

Old 04-04-2017, 10:12 AM

641 posts, read 405,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I am not familiar with it but I believe it is men who don't want to get married or have any type of relationship with women. Not even friendship.
That's MGTOW.

Red Pill is a Matrix film reference about swallowing the red pill and therefore learning perceived truths about how things work. Cassie Jaye has recent made a well publicised documentary film about the Men's Rights movement and called it Red Pill.

Old 04-04-2017, 10:21 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,161,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
Younger women are like a kid in a sweet shop with the amount of choice they have, certainly the good looking ones. They can weed out the ones they don't like.

As someone else said they're more willing to date douchebags and bad boys while older women are looking for someone more stable.
I think what you are really talking about are younger hot women. And the younger hot men are pretty much doing the same thing. Most young people aren't typically looking toward the future. They aren't necessarily thinking about looking for a good parent for their child, someone to support them emotionally through the years, etc. They may say that they are looking fro something more but most people aren't mature enough at that age to really be serious about it. They are looking for fun! And at some point, most people realize that it's more fun to be with someone that you are truly compatible with in more ways than just going out and having sex. I don't think there is anything wrong with this - for the record. We all go through different stages of life.

Old 04-04-2017, 10:36 AM

473 posts, read 307,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBrown333 View Post
what is your definition of serious?. I need a girl who ignores her biological clock permanently lol,
Lets say about 1000 x opposite what you are talking about in your thread about not living with her etc. Some women don't want kids, that is ok too. Just bring your issues when you advertise yourself so your type of women can show their interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships