Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 01:37 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times

Advertisements

Unless you actually make time for her (regardless of why you cannot or do not) it isn't going to stop her from feeling like second fiddle to everything else in your life.

From her perspective your becoming nothing more than a hassle to try and make time for.

Which, ironically is also your issue with her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 01:44 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevoo123 View Post
Actually 8-5 typo. Add being a new homeowner to the mix and you got busy.
okay, you have the same schedule as anybody else. You act like you are busier than the president. Other people have jobs and a family and a house and don't need to check their calendar to fit somebody in. It works. Maybe you should learn to handle your time better because it seems to be a problem for you to work full time and have hobbies or a partner.

I do not agree to the wedding things that it was your fault. I think it was plain miscommunication.

But it really seems like your gf is not your priority. If you are too busy to have a gf, don't have one.

Old 04-19-2017, 01:47 PM

13 posts, read 11,093 times
I'm going to take this weekend to chat with her about the triads and inform her that I will not tolerate the threats about breaking up anymore. I'm going to give her one last chance. There are things I can improve on, but if this behavior continues after this weekend, I will not hesitate to exit. And I agree, I have taken more punches than I should...

Old 04-19-2017, 01:50 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
okay, you have the same schedule as anybody else. You act like you are busier than the president. Other people have jobs and a family and a house and don't need to check their calendar to fit somebody in. It works.
What??!!!?? How the hell do you know if you already have something if you don't check your calendar? I've been married for 25 years and have never gotten bitched out for looking at the calendar. It is a damned site better than accidentally double booking!

Old 04-19-2017, 01:53 PM

Trump plays more golf than I do... So maybe I'm not too far off

We really don't have an issue with frequency of hang-outs. We see each other 3/4 times a week, if not more. It is really only the wedding, the late night dance partner request, and the midnight easter party where we have had conflict in terms of schedule. Other than that we hang out multiple times a week, netflix and chill, going out to eat, trying new activities, etc..

Old 04-19-2017, 01:55 PM

That was my point exactly. I did it so I wouldn't double book, and ended up in the same spot as the wedding "fiasco".

Old 04-19-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
What??!!!?? How the hell do you know if you already have something if you don't check your calendar? I've been married for 25 years and have never gotten bitched out for looking at the calendar. It is a damned site better than accidentally double booking!
do you have a bad memory or are you such a busy person that you do not know what is going on this week and next week after work? Sure I mark stuff in my calendar but I have a general overview.

It is not just the calendar checking - he is always super busy - and apparently it isn't work - and he let's her feel like she is very unimportant. I may be wrong but that's how I read his posts.

It is all about busy, busy, busy, no time for gf, busy, no time, calendar, etc. - makes me think he is a surgeon, nurse, president, fulltimeschool + work, kids - but actually all he does is work 8-5 like any other person.

SHE is the one with the 9-9 shift! Yet, she still has time for him.

Old 04-19-2017, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
do you have a bad memory or are you such a busy person that you do not know what is going on this week and next week after work? Sure I mark stuff in my calendar but I have a general overview.
How does ANYONE know for certain what is going on? Isn't that what a calendar is FOR?

Quote:
It is not just the calendar checking - he is always super busy - and apparently it isn't work - and he let's her feel like she is very unimportant. I may be wrong but that's how I read his posts.

It is all about busy, busy, busy, no time for gf, busy, no time, calendar, etc. - makes me think he is a surgeon, nurse, president, fulltimeschool + work, kids - but actually all he does is work 8-5 like any other person.

SHE is the one with the 9-9 shift! Yet, she still has time for him.
When SHE says so. It reads to me like he is supposed to drop everything when she wants him. If she had a life, she might have to check the calendar too.

Old 04-19-2017, 02:00 PM

My suggestion is:

Make her a priority. Don't make her feel like she needs to make an appointment to see you.

Let her know you will do that but also let her know the childish breakup threads need to stop or you will take her up on it rather sooner than later.

Old 04-19-2017, 02:01 PM

^^ I disagree. If you are already seeing her 3 or 4 times a week, you are showing her she is a priority. If there are special dates she wants you to be available for, she needs to tell you in advance so you can... check your calendar and the put that special date in it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships