Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 01:09 PM

6,566 posts, read 8,411,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lm0905 View Post
It just sucks because I was really looking forward to this trip next weekend and this summer and will be devastated if I don't go anymore.
FWIW, it sounds like you're more upset about (possibly) not going on these trips rather than your relationship (possibly) ending. For any future trips, you should seriously consider getting the "cancel for any reason" travel insurance policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 01:11 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,363,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl_2015 View Post
Do not check his phone, as someone suggested.

Sometimes people just need alone time, and sounds like he has told you that. I need quite a bit of alone time, it's nothing to do with home much I love my husband. And if he does have depression, that is a different issue that he needs to deal with, you can't fix it for him.

Also, stop thinking about the trips so much. If you want to go away so badly, just go. Go alone or with friends. I would never rely on a guy if I wanted to go away, I would just go!!!!!!
. Its just been my numerous first-hand experience when someones says "I need time to think' the relationship is in jeopardy. In my previous relationships, " I need time to think" has always been "give time to spend time with someone else and I'll get back to you".

I agree, that no one should be checking phones. An honest conversation, first and foremost. And if she thinks hes lying, then check his phone, Lol.

Old 04-27-2017, 01:19 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,967,928 times
He sounds depressed.

It is interesting this down time happens right after a big high from some trip together.

Old 04-27-2017, 01:53 PM

102,233 posts, read 108,076,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
He sounds depressed.

It is interesting this down time happens right after a big high from some trip together.
Could be a mild bi-polar condition.

Old 04-27-2017, 02:16 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,456,969 times
A lot of people DO require "down time" - I'm one of them. He says it's not you, take him at his word and stop borrowing trouble. And leave him alone until he reaches back out.

Old 04-27-2017, 02:17 PM

293 posts, read 191,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
FWIW, it sounds like you're more upset about (possibly) not going on these trips rather than your relationship (possibly) ending. For any future trips, you should seriously consider getting the "cancel for any reason" travel insurance policy.
Yeah I realize after posting this that is how it came off... I am 10000% more worried about my relationship. My emotions and anxiety were just running really high.

I just don't, personally, think it is fair for him to not talk all day and then text me basically a cliff-hanger "need some time to think" and then not respond when I say "think about what?"... Cause he's going to know that I am obviously assuming the worst.

When him and I first broke up in March 2013 (got back together this past November/December 2016), for the entire month before the official break up, it just wasn't good. He was kind of cold, not touchy feely, and it was obvious it was ending. There was a sort-of 'build up' to the break up.. That's why this is confusing to me... Why go from having an amazing time together and talking about going back to that same destination this summer, to literally the next day acting off and saying he just wants to be alone.

I am so crazy about him and love him, which is why deep down I am worried that this is gonna be the end.

Old 04-27-2017, 02:18 PM

293 posts, read 191,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy2U View Post
A lot of people DO require "down time" - I'm one of them. He says it's not you, take him at his word and stop borrowing trouble. And leave him alone until he reaches back out.
I know. And he never beats around the bush or anything and always says exactly what he means. So I don't understand why this time feels different... It's like I know he said that he isn't mad or anything, but I'm still getting really anxious

Old 04-27-2017, 02:45 PM

20,770 posts, read 20,001,589 times
Quote:
I know. And he never beats around the bush or anything and always says exactly what he means. So I don't understand why this time feels different... It's like I know he said that he isn't mad or anything, but I'm still getting really anxious
It is a total normal feeling. Of course you worry when he withdraws and acts weird.

Wait it out. Once he feels better, address the issue. Tell him how it makes you feel and that it is okay for him to withdraw sometimes, but you need to feel secure in your relationship and need to know it has absolutely nothing to do with you.

Old 04-27-2017, 02:51 PM

888 posts, read 556,378 times
I think you need to just let this be. You need to realize, if he wants it over, there is NOTHING you can do about it. NOTHING. If he is saying he needs time alone right now, take it for his word. If something happens down the line and it is over. It will hurt. You will be sad. But you will be ok. Remember that rather than living in fear and getting all worked up like this.

See some friends, do your own hobbies, stop focusing so much on this.

Also, you just went on a trip and spend all your time together. Why would he not want some alone time after that? When I go away with someone, I am the same. It doesn't mean anything, it just means I like time alone to do my own things after spending 24/7 with someone on a trip.

Old 04-27-2017, 02:52 PM

11,398 posts, read 24,475,814 times
Quote:
Clean out a closet and detail your car. Then go shoe shopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships