Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 05:48 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times

Advertisements

So since it was a text conversation, (it's not like she didn't get last night's texts), and you were clear you wanted to do it tonight and gave a time and location and plans to pick her up or meet, and then by 3 this afternoon she had cancelled?

I'd say move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 05:56 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant17 View Post
I had plans to meet a woman tonight from Match. I sent her a text this afternoon about it. She says, "I didn't hear from you so I cancelled my babysitter." We talked yesterday, and I texted after work. There was no reason for her to think I was backing out. I told her I wasn't like that. If I wasn't gonna do something, I would tell her. Why can't women just say they don't want to meet?
People are fickle... It sounds more like an excuse to me on her part.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:03 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
I mentioned this in my text to her last night. Today just before 3, I texted her about tonight. She said she hadn't heard from me so she figured I was "skipping out". So, I texted her last night, texted her this afternoon. Why would she think the plan was scrapped unless that's what she wanted to think?
I canceled a date recently for much the same reason so maybe I can shed some light. I just didn't pick up any clues that he was all that interested and I didn't want to waste a trip all the way up to town (45 min one way) so I canceled it. For her it was the idea of wasting a good baby sitting night complete with all they charge these days (and should). I'm assuming you didn't keep in touch enough--I don't have to have a lot of texting but I need a better show of interest and not the idea that you're just going thru the motions. The whole thing left me wondering why he'd bothered to ask me out in the first place.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:09 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
... gave a time and location and plans to pick her up or meet....
Had you discussed these details, bryant?

Old 05-03-2017, 06:10 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I canceled a date recently for much the same reason so maybe I can shed some light. I just didn't pick up any clues that he was all that interested and I didn't want to waste a trip all the way up to town (45 min one way) so I canceled it. For her it was the idea of wasting a good baby sitting night complete with all they charge these days (and should). I'm assuming you didn't keep in touch enough--I don't have to have a lot of texting but I need a better show of interest and not the idea that you're just going thru the motions. The whole thing left me wondering why he'd bothered to ask me out in the first place.
And then if he did show more interest, he'd be branded as a desperate person. You can't win

J/K, J/K

I get what you mean. If I am talking to a woman, and she is acting like she'd rather not talk to me, I am going to walk away and not look back. Even if at first she showed a lot of interest at first, the moment she goes cold is the moment I jump ship.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:31 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Uhm that is not a valid reason to cancel if you already had set plans then you assume it's going to happen. This is the adult world. If I schedule a meeting with 3 people through Outlook they don't "not" show up because I didn't send them an email to check in 3 hours later. He said he did talk to her.

This is flakey behavior, from you, and the woman the OP is talking about.

On a side note, no surprise we're talking about OLD here.

Bryant17 what a lot of women do from OLD is setup stuff with more than one person on the same night so it's possible you were just her Plan B or C. Or she might have even started talking to someone else immediately after you made plans with her and flaked out.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:32 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Here's a great idea. Rather than text, why didn't you just call. Texting is inadequate for conversations such as that.

But....

If she does it once, chalk it up to crossed wires.

If she does it twice, big fat red flag.

If she does it three times, then don't even bother calling her again.
I wouldn't even give her a third opportunity. Two cancellations and she's done. Bye Felicia!

Old 05-03-2017, 06:40 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
And then if he did show more interest, he'd be branded as a desperate person. You can't win

J/K, J/K

I get what you mean. If I am talking to a woman, and she is acting like she'd rather not talk to me, I am going to walk away and not look back. Even if at first she showed a lot of interest at first, the moment she goes cold is the moment I jump ship.
This x100!

You never want to seem desperate or needy. Show that you're interested, but gauge her response. If you ask her out and she keeps telling you she's busy, she's not interested.
Or if she says that she's not sure what her schedule looks like, just say, "When you figure out your schedule, give me a call." But don't hold your breath waiting for her to contact you. Move on.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:35 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
Dating is obnoxious. I just talk to em like a friend and if they expect instant chemistry and friend zone me its their loss. Nobody on the dating sites are willing to be friends first... They want instant chemistry and are really fickle as you mentioned.

Old 05-04-2017, 05:01 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
I had plans to meet a woman tonight from Match. I sent her a text this afternoon about it. She says, "I didn't hear from you so I cancelled my babysitter." We talked yesterday, and I texted after work. There was no reason for her to think I was backing out. I told her I wasn't like that. If I wasn't gonna do something, I would tell her. Why can't women just say they don't want to meet?
I won't show up to the meeting location unless I receive confirmation on that day. However, if I don't hear from the person, I'll say something like "Are we still on for today?" to give them an opportunity to confirm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships