Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 02:16 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,463,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I had the impression they already do each cook their own meals. I don't see the OP cooking up gruel for her hubs. The point is, that he criticizes her food choices. Apparently this has been going on for 4 years now.
we have no way of knowing any other dynamic playing in to this.
Let him waste is food and blow hot air if that's what it is, It's only affecting himself in the end.

But let's get real, this isn't about food or feelings. It's about two people growing in different directions and how they are fighting each other on how this should be handled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 02:26 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,660,661 times
Apparently the OP doesn't like the advice she's gotten as she hasn't added to the conversation. Not sure what good it does to solicit advice then disappear.

Old 05-08-2017, 02:26 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,093,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
we have no way of knowing any other dynamic playing in to this.
Let him waste is food and blow hot air if that's what it is, It's only affecting himself in the end.

But let's get real, this isn't about food or feelings. It's about two people growing in different directions and how they are fighting each other on how this should be handled.
The OP said they haven't grown in different directions; he's always eaten weird food. The only difference is that he didn't start harassing her about her choices until after he'd put a ring on her. I wonder how long he's going to keep this up.

Old 05-08-2017, 02:30 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,509,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
So, my husband is an adamant vegan who does not like much fat in his diet at all. He likes very plain/mushy/gruel-like dishes. He hates tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, anything too exotic, capers, eggplant, zucchini, bone broth, coconut, any type of squash, many other things, etc.

Basically, he only eats lentils, rice, and onions. He doesn't even like salt or vinegar.

I prefer eating with more variety, flavor, and actually chewing.

I try to tell him that I'm fine with him eating as he pleases, but i don't really like his food, and he doesn't need to cook for me, but he's very insistent, as he thinks I don't eat healthy enough...
I think he's going to end up one of those health food nuts who is one day going to be surprised that he died of nothing!

Not a healthy diet however he wants to spin it. I eat just about everything but in moderation and I do watch fats, cholesterol and sodium but within reason. Vegetarian meals are not infrequent nor is beef, pork and especially poultry and fish. Fortunately my wife and I agree on what and how to eat. I would never presume to insist on anything else. It might be because I love and have a great deal of respect for her.

At age 70 I weigh precisely what I weighed at 23 just getting out of the army. The only difference now is that I'm about an inch shorter than I was back then. Gravity works! Best of all I still have a pulse and respiration.

Your husband needs to get off his high Shetland pony or rocking horse! To me the issue is less about his crappy diet and more about his disdain and lack of consideration for you.

Old 05-08-2017, 02:40 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,509,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
And your diet sounds very healthy well certainly compared with mine!, infact show him some of my posts on that " what's for dinner " thread and he'll soon see how luckily he is to have you
Yeah, but can you really live on fish and chips, steak and kidney pie, bangers and mash, kedgeree, welsh rarebit, etc.?

Old 05-08-2017, 02:51 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,011,603 times
Quote:
So, my husband is an adamant vegan who does not like much fat in his diet at all. He likes very plain/mushy/gruel-like dishes. He hates tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, anything too exotic, capers, eggplant, zucchini, bone broth, coconut, any type of squash, many other things, etc.

Basically, he only eats lentils, rice, and onions. He doesn't even like salt or vinegar.

I try to tell him that I'm fine with him eating as he pleases, but i don't really like his food, and he doesn't need to cook for me, but he's very insistent, as he thinks I don't eat healthy enough (because I often use things like coconut oil, butter, eggs, dark meat chicken, frying things up or baking them with oil, pickled veggies, etc).

And no, I'm not fat (I'm 5'10 and 125 lbs, he's 5'9 and 180). Both of us are healthy as can be (we recently got very in-depth check-up).

This is literally the only thing we argue about. He's super against eating different meals since "family should eat the same thing".

I'm willing to force down his food (which he accepts no suggestions on) a few times a week, but I'd really like to actually enjoy eating...
WHY do you need to conform to HIS was of eating?To me..this is just another form of controlling a spouse.So didn't he know you ate like this BEFORE he married you?WHY is he insistent now?

Old 05-08-2017, 02:56 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,011,603 times
Quote:
He wasn't like this until after we got married (4 years ago).
Well there you go...he was just pretending that he didn't care what you ate when you were NOT married to him but once he married you...he flipped his switch...he started to show his true self...which is to control you as long as you're his wife and puts up with it.So before you guys were married...he was just baiting his time until he got you were he wanted you...which is for you to eat what HE eats and for some weird reason he felt that he would only be able to make you do this once you were married to him.Stand your ground and if he keeps up with this bull...then start to think about getting out of this 'fake marriage' because he was never truly showing his true self to you this whole time.What else is he wanting you to do that he doesn't approve of you doing??
No one should try to force another person to eat or do something that they don't want to do..the hell with being married to the person. You are an adult and NOT a child.

Old 05-08-2017, 03:28 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,463,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The OP said they haven't grown in different directions; he's always eaten weird food. The only difference is that he didn't start harassing her about her choices until after he'd put a ring on her. I wonder how long he's going to keep this up.
What do you feel that is systemic of?

They have most defiantly grown in a different direction in terms of health and lifestyle or this issue would not be an issue.

Mince it however you want, There are different ideologies at war with one another here.

Old 05-08-2017, 04:09 PM

17,221 posts, read 57,135,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
You have a lot more patience than me, I would never tolerate this kind of behavior and would have been gone long ago. He sounds like a controlling jerk. Also, 5'9" and 180 lbs? That doesn't sound healthy to me at all.
Well if he was a bodybuilder or a power lifter, he might be OK at that BMI, but, yeah, I doubt it's all "rock hard muscle" at all.

Guy's diet is weird. I would not put up with this.

Old 05-08-2017, 04:22 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,066,593 times
Quote:

I try to tell him that I'm fine with him eating as he pleases, but i don't really like his food, and he doesn't need to cook for me, but he's very insistent, as he thinks I don't eat healthy enough (because I often use things like coconut oil, butter, eggs, dark meat chicken, frying things up or baking them with oil, pickled veggies, etc).

And no, I'm not fat (I'm 5'10 and 125 lbs, he's 5'9 and 180). Both of us are healthy as can be (we recently got very in-depth check-up).

This is literally the only thing we argue about. He's super against eating different meals since "family should eat the same thing".

I'm willing to force down his food (which he accepts no suggestions on) a few times a week, but I'd really like to actually enjoy eating...
As for me? I'll never enter a relationship with a Vegan again. This is a big problem when it comes to kitchen conflict. Vegans should date and marry like minded eaters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships