Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 05:52 PM

10 posts, read 5,673 times

Advertisements

Me and this girl have been talking for about a week, a couple times on the phone, we met on social media. We got along great and theres definitely sexual chemistry. I'd send her shirtless pictures, she would always respond right away and say I look great, would send me some stuff and I would say how hot she is, **** like that but I never got too dirty cause I wanna be classy. I asked her out shortly after we started talking, she kind of took a raincheck, and then a week later said lets get a drink.

I said okay, are you free this weekend? And she told me Saturday she might be and would let me know, it was wednesday. I know she just asked me out, but I didnt know if she was doing that to keep me as a backup or what, so I gave her a little crap because thats a ****ty answer and said "does that mean you're really not interested? you can just say youre not you know" and she said that she didn't know if she still had plans with one of her girlfriends cause she was sick.

We kept talking and flirting after, and I didnt get an answer from her for a few days, so I teased her a little cause it was seeming flaky I wanted to plan my weekend, so I said "Tomorrow, 730pm, dont forget" and she said the same thing, that she would let me know. I said okay and let it go, have stopped talking to her to give her some space and see if she really gets back to me, but I'm assuming she might really not know. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt here because we haven't met yet. People are busy, the fact she suggested a specific date on a weekend is a good thing right? I mean she could have picked any other date. Do you think shes flaking out or really doesn't know yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 05:58 PM

61,753 posts, read 87,217,162 times
Why are you driving yourself crazy? Wait and see...
And remember to work on impulse control.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:01 PM

I get a little anxious sometimes, you're right, not sure why it's that big of a deal. I guess its maybe because I'm a guy and I like order, I like things planned and I'm not getting that?? So it makes me go what the **** is going on here. Most girls I talk to say yes or are honest and say no. They pick a date or I suggest one and we do it. Just not used to someone telling me that before, it seems like it should be straightforward to me.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:02 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy5623 View Post
Me and this girl have been talking for about a week, a couple times on the phone, we met on social media. We got along great and theres definitely sexual chemistry. I'd send her shirtless pictures, she would always respond right away and say I look great, would send me some stuff and I would say how hot she is, **** like that but I never got too dirty cause I wanna be classy. I asked her out shortly after we started talking, she kind of took a raincheck, and then a week later said lets get a drink.

I said okay, are you free this weekend? And she told me Saturday she might be and would let me know, it was wednesday. I know she just asked me out, but I didnt know if she was doing that to keep me as a backup or what, so I gave her a little crap because thats a ****ty answer and said "does that mean you're really not interested? you can just say youre not you know" and she said that she didn't know if she still had plans with one of her girlfriends cause she was sick.

We kept talking and flirting after, and I didnt get an answer from her for a few days, so I teased her a little cause it was seeming flaky I wanted to plan my weekend, so I said "Tomorrow, 730pm, dont forget" and she said the same thing, that she would let me know. I said okay and let it go, have stopped talking to her to give her some space and see if she really gets back to me, but I'm assuming she might really not know. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt here because we haven't met yet. People are busy, the fact she suggested a specific date on a weekend is a good thing right? I mean she could have picked any other date. Do you think shes flaking out or really doesn't know yet?
Too late for that ship that has sailed.
Classy is sending a fully clothed photo.

As far as your issue wait and see what happens or tell her you are not interested and move on.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:04 PM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
She didn't ask you out, really. She said that she might be free on Saturday if her sick friend didn't cancel her existing plans. If sick friend hasn't cancelled, then she's not going out with you.

1,658 posts, read 1,257,801 times
Quote:
Do you think shes flaking out or really doesn't know yet?
If her friend is feeling better, then Saturday probably isn't going to happen with the two of you. That's why she said she'd let you know...patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Too late for that ship that has sailed.
Classy is sending a fully clothed photo.

As far as your issue wait and see what happens or tell her you are not interested and move on.
I used to be into the hookup thing I would send stuff like that, not really anymore, didn't want to with her, been trying to tone it down a bit I guess. You're totally right though lol, shirtless pics is not the classiest but I wanted her to know I was definitely interested ya know?

Thanks for the advice.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:43 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,832,433 times
It's inconsiderate for her to leave things hanging in the air, like you don't have anything better to do on a Saturday night than sit by the phone?

I would make other plans, personally. If she contacts you at the last minute, just tell her that you've already made other plans and will have to take a rain check.

Old 05-20-2017, 05:04 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,535,624 times
Quote:

Mate you're doing the right thing in giving her the benefit of the doubt as jumping the gun and fearing the worst tends to end it so don't keep on as it may push her away

You've got nothing to lose and everything to gain just play it cool and I'm sure you'll be seeing her

Old 05-20-2017, 06:48 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 12 days ago)

35,639 posts, read 17,994,810 times
She may not want to be "easy" - she may be waiting to see if you will hang in there and pursue her.

Today's the Saturday? I think I'd contact her about noon and if she still won't give you an answer, walk away. Maybe say "ok, if you'd like to get together some other time, just let me know".

And then don't contact her first. She sounds like this might turn into one of those women who actually doesn't ever want to meet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships