Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 01:57 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,360,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
At least you can look back and laugh about it mate many can't
Yeah, I have to have a sense of humor about myself, learn and move forward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 01:59 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,319,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
It's always the same story with the faux nice guys.
-They are such good people.
-They girls they like only date losers.
-They are always there for the girl.
-The guys their crushes date are scumbags for daring to be attractive enough to sleep with women and acting on it. This one is my favorite because if the faux nice guys were actually attractive enough that women wanted to sleep with them, they wouldn't demonize male sexuality because they would be enjoying it. Because they don't experience it, they try to make it a bad, filthy, scumbagish thing.

And at the end of the day, to the faux nice guy, she is really just a bad person for dating men they are actually attracted to and doing what women do, enjoying the attention of weak willed admirers.
Ding! Ding!! Ding!!! Nailed it.

Old 05-26-2017, 02:11 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,549,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Yeah, I have to have a sense of humor about myself, learn and move forward.
That's the ONLY way in my book mate

Old 05-26-2017, 08:41 PM

31 posts, read 18,440 times
I just started not caring about any texts she's been sending me for the past 2 days and I look at my phone and there are 15+ messages from her.

Old 05-27-2017, 02:06 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,238,355 times
Come right out and tell her you're sick of listening to her complain about her boyfriend and if he's such an AH, to dump him but you don't want to hear anymore about it.
Or, go even farther and tell her you don't care to be friends with her anymore because of all that.
This let's her know it's because of her, not you.
If you just ghost on her you're only going to convince her that all guys are jerks including the 'nice' ones.

Old 05-27-2017, 05:49 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,253,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDude20 View Post
I am not saying better than everyone else, I am just better than him. I am not like that with anyone else. It's also not really I am better than EVERYONE else necessarily, it's more of just I'll win if I am determined and push myself enough. I don't compare myself to other people unless it's a competitor, especially one that doesn't stand a chance. Unlike most people, I want everyone around me to be successful unless they're complete brainless a-holes.

Patting myself on the back? I am patting myself on the back for not being a weak-willed sex craving scumbag (giving into "natural desires" aka making excuses for yourself). It's nothing I can't pull myself out of. You just seem to think that all women are only set on having sex and completely ignore success, personality, morals, work ethic, basically anything actually important. Don't get me wrong the sexual tension has to be there but it doesn't define a relationship whatsoever. Any relationship based on physical attraction/sex will undoubtedly end. In your mind, you probably think getting laid at least once a day is an accomplishment. In my mind, that's a complete an utter failure, all you did was set yourself up for loads of baggage in a marriage and almost a guaranteed divorce with kids that hate you the rest of your life (sounds real good right, didn't think so). But after all, I am just a "kid".
I did a search of this thread for your comments....I didn't have the time to read all the pages after my first comment.

It appears to me that you have a different agenda then this girl who has been using you as a sounding board, someone who she can complain to about her boyfriend. You have volunteered to be in this position, knowing that....at least from what you have typed here.....that you really wanted relationship with her, more than to be friends, is what has you so angry.

One of your last comments regarding your attitude towards women now, based on how you perceive she has treated you is very telling. I think you should deal with your issues of anger and resentment and get yourself on track before you look for a relationship that involves trust and your heart. It would benefit you to identify why you allow yourself to be used.....when it also makes you feel badly about yourself. Blaming other's for your own feelings is denying your participation in putting yourself into this situation.

The opposite of love is indifference. You'll need to decide that she is not worth your emotional investment, time and energy so that you can move past this. But, it isn't healthy to blame all women for your feelings about this one woman. Figure this out and get yourself emotionally healthy or these issues will continue to be part of your life going forward.

Find some healthy boundaries and balance to make your life better.

https://tinybuddha.com/blog/how-to-s...l-first-steps/

How to Create Healthy Boundaries « Positively Positive!!

Setting Healthy Boundaries: Allowing the True Self to Emerge

Last edited by JanND; 05-27-2017 at 05:51 AM.. Reason: edit text

Old 05-27-2017, 09:49 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,360,737 times
Quote:
I just started not caring about any texts she's been sending me for the past 2 days and I look at my phone and there are 15+ messages from her.
I lose my phone and I get 60 texts within an hour. Then I have to explain that I lost my phone and am not mad at her

Old 05-27-2017, 11:37 AM

11,813 posts, read 12,059,287 times
Quote:
Its not anything you should be about. This is to be expected. It doesn't mean she wants you, so don't let it feed your ego in some warped way.

You allowed her to get comfortable with you as a symathetic ear and now you're taking that away. How about trying being direct with her, instead of playing games? Tell her you are moving on, wish her well, and then cut off contact and block her number, instead of going silent so you can enjoy the feeling of being chased by someone who doesn't want you, other than for her own selfish purposes.

Old 05-27-2017, 11:39 AM

1,658 posts, read 1,259,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Its not anything you should be about. This is to be expected. It doesn't mean she wants you, so don't let it feed your ego in some warped way.

You allowed her to get comfortable with you as a symathetic ear and now you're taking that away. How about trying being direct with her, instead of playing games? Tell her you are moving on, wish her well, and then cut off contact and block her number, instead of going silent so you can enjoy the feeling of being chased by someone who doesn't want you, other than for her own selfish purposes.
This. ^^^

Old 05-27-2017, 02:22 PM

31 posts, read 18,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post

already been done, no point in cutting off contact. I am just not giving her any of my time. I ended things in an orderly fashion rather than a bitter F off fashion. I said "look I am not doing this friend crap anymore, I want to be more than friends and I am not going to do this **** anymore. if things don't work out with your bf, then feel free to shoot me a text, You're a great girl, but I'm just not going to do this anymore.". Did I kinda sound like a jerk? honestly not really, could've sounded much worse believe me. But did I sound like someone who needs her? no. life goes on and I am going after what I want in life, no more stupid games like you said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships