Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 11:23 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,208,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
What nonsense does it spew?
That would be off topic for this thread.
Quote:
Would challenge you to find a better system for morality than what Christ spoke.
I would rather see so-called christians do as he spoke and not as their puritanical background makes central to their mind. Jesus had very much more to say about poverty and justice than what is going on in ones pants. Yet the latter is more important to most.

But I do agree. For a christian, this could be a very poor lifestyle choice, particularly for evangelicals and hard rightists, though there certainly have been christian swinging communities.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:33 AM

1,020 posts, read 810,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post
I hear ya. It doesn't make any sense to me either. But, as others on here have adamantly stated, people with viewpoints such as ours shouldn't wonder about things like this and we should just live and let live, which is what I do anyway. However, I'll always wonder why (seemingly) a lot of people engage in open/poly types of relationships because, well, I just can't wrap my head around the logic or reasoning behind it. IMO, it's okay to wonder about something and to question it...because this is how we learn about things.
I haven't seen anyone say that you shouldn't wonder or ask questions. It's the part where after you are graciously given answers that aren't to your liking, so you bash, criticize, judge & insult people who partake in behaviors you find not "PROPER" or "DECENT". You (internet) scream that they have a "MENTAL SICKNESS" & are "DEPRAVED", etc. Can you see how that's rude & offensive to the people who have graciously taken their time & effort to help you try & understand?

I don't see an interest in learning, I see an interest in pursuing validation for your own viewpoint & then vigorously defending your insults & condescension of others by claiming it's the way you "feel". After all, you could just as easily have said "well, thanks for your time, but I guess I'll never be able to wrap my head around it". Instead you choose to scream insults or judge by claiming you are "PROPER" & "DECENT", which while not a direct insult, is a subtle (not very) implication that others are not. It's actually a very transparent tactic. At first I was suckered into believing that you were genuinely interested in learning. It very quickly became clear that nothing could be further from the truth.

You haven't answered my question I asked pages ago...do you see how your actions of yelling insults could be offensive to the people who have graciously taken their time & effort to help you try & understand?

Old 06-08-2017, 11:35 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,045,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMetal View Post
I haven't seen anyone say that you shouldn't wonder or ask questions. It's the part where after you are graciously given answers that aren't to your liking, so you bash, criticize, judge & insult people who partake in behaviors you find not "PROPER" or "DECENT". You (internet) scream that they have a "MENTAL SICKNESS" & are "DEPRAVED", etc. Can you see how that's rude & offensive to the people who have graciously taken their time & effort to help you try & understand?

I don't see an interest in learning, I see an interest in pursuing validation for your own viewpoint & then vigorously defending your insults & condescension of others by claiming it's the way you "feel". After all, you could just as easily have said "well, thanks for your time, but I guess I'll never be able to wrap my head around it". Instead you choose to scream insults or judge by claiming you are "PROPER" & "DECENT", which while not a direct insult, is a subtle (not very) implication that others are not. It's actually a very transparent tactic. At first I was suckered into believing that you were genuinely interested in learning. It very quickly became clear that nothing could be further from the truth.

You haven't answered my question I asked pages ago...do you see how your actions of yelling insults could be offensive to the people who have graciously taken their time & effort to help you try & understand?
Basically.

I'm not even trying to advocate for "alternative lifestyles"; just the pursuit of fair disagreement and discourse LOL.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:37 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,195,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMetal View Post

Come on now. You know this is the internet right? That's just the way it is.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:37 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,344,030 times
Quote:
Griffis, here's the thing though. If your wife abided by the words of Christ which of course is the basis of Christianity, she wouldn't be currently taking advantage of you and contributing to your misery.
I am over the misery. We talk a great deal. Everything is pretty cool actually. It's unfortunate she was dishonest with me, but she was trying to spare my feelings.

Quote:
Jesus is all about laugh now, cry later. A lot of people unfamiliar with the Gospel don't realize this.
I am far from unfamiliar with the Gospels or the Bible generally. I am well versed in it and find it frequently profoundly moving and wise and beautiful.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:38 AM

48,578 posts, read 34,956,927 times
So you are saying young guys do not want to be monogamous?

That's not news, that's kinda the definition of young guy.

Yes, of course there are exceptions, and that (usually) changes when they are with someone they care about or start becoming more mature.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-08-2017, 11:39 AM

48,578 posts, read 34,956,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Basically.

I'm not even trying to advocate for "alternative lifestyles"; just the pursuit of fair disagreement and discourse LOL.

I cringe when someone busts out the "feel" card, like that supersedes the dictionary?

I cringe even farther when a woman does that - gives us a bad reputation.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-08-2017, 11:42 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,344,030 times
Quote:
Would challenge you to find a better system for morality than what Christ spoke.
I find a lot of worth in many of the words attributed to Jesus. However a great many of his alleged sayings are not original to Jesus or what came to be known as Christian doctrine.

14,294 posts, read 13,208,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
I am over the misery. We talk a great deal. Everything is pretty cool actually. It's unfortunate she was dishonest with me, but she was trying to spare my feelings.
Alas that mistake is made. I am glad you have found peace. Your situation is so different, it is hard to match it up with mine.

7,400 posts, read 6,380,022 times
There's genuine curiosity, and then there's "curiosity" masked as judgment. A heaping amount of judgment. Feigning curiosity and innocence or, rather, naivete, doesn't make it any less assholish. I can be curious about a number of things that I may not take personal interest in, and yet somehow reserve harsh judgment if it doesn't affect me or otherwise break the Silver Rule.

And a grown adult that seeks regular validation for their life choices, from strangers no less, is quite puzzling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships