Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 11:43 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Are you in a poly or open relationship?
At present, no.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:44 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,190,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
There's genuine curiosity, and then there's "curiosity" masked as judgment. A heaping amount of judgment. Feigning curiosity and innocence or, rather, naivete, doesn't make it any less assholish. I can be curious about a number of things that I may not take personal interest in, and yet somehow reserve harsh judgment if it doesn't affect me or otherwise break the Silver Rule.

And a grown adult that seeks regular validation for their life choices, from strangers no less, is quite puzzling.
It's called trolling.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:46 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Griffis, here's the thing though. If your wife abided by the words of Christ which of course is the basis of Christianity, she wouldn't be currently taking advantage of you and contributing to your misery.

Without a foundation, the entire house will crumble. I can say even for myself when I think of being selfish or when I am in the process of seeking out self-gratification, I stop myself and remind myself that life isn't about me, and that there are no free passes.

Jesus is all about laugh now, cry later. A lot of people unfamiliar with the Gospel don't realize this.
Or, they just don't care. Just like you don't fret about what Baal or Zeus command.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:47 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Alas that mistake is made. I am glad you have found peace. Your situation is so different, it is hard to match it up with mine.
It is unusual, and was unexpected. But I am her husband and she is my wife and I don't see this changing.

We love each other. We are together, always have each other's backs, but we have some separate aspects to our individual lives.

I don't want to hijack this thread with my soap opera though. Apologies.

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
I find a lot of worth in many of the words attributed to Jesus. However a great many of his alleged sayings are not original to Jesus or what came to be known as Christian doctrine.
And many of his GOOD real or alleged sayings are ignored in favor of the more hateful ones. My religious upbringing recalls something like why are you worried about the splinter in your neighbor's eye when you have a 2x4 in your own. Of course they didn't have 2x4s.

1,020 posts, read 809,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Why would you think any other way? Can't you think for yourself?

I don't let people tell me whether I'm right or wrong in anything I think -- it's my brain, my opinions, my way of life. I couldn't care less what other people think.
Perhaps OP is very young? There's a lot of insecurity showing here & a deep need for approval & validation.
We all need validation in life, but as a mature adult, like you I can form my own opinions & not care what anyone else says or think. I know what's right for me. I also know that what's right for me may change from time to time & adjust accordingly. I do not need to seek approval from others.

But when I was in my 20's & I was far more strident & indignant of choices I didn't agree with. While I probably didn't insult people to their faces, when I disagreed with them, I did behind their backs. Now, in my 50's, I see that everyone is doing the best they can & doing what's right for them & that I have no right to judge others or insult them. It didn't take til my 50's, but I'm starting to think that OP is very, very young & reading between her lines is showing me something quite different than what I originally saw.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:48 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Please get back on topic folks.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-08-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Basically.

I'm not even trying to advocate for "alternative lifestyles"; just the pursuit of fair disagreement and discourse LOL.
Believe it or not, neither am I. I think if it's for you great, if it's not for you, great. I only shared my situation in the other thread, b/c I was suckered into thinking OP was genuinely interested in learning. It became quickly clear that that wasn't true & her interest was only in judging & allowing herself to feel superior. I outgrew that in my 20s.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
There's genuine curiosity, and then there's "curiosity" masked as judgment. A heaping amount of judgment. Feigning curiosity and innocence or, rather, naivete, doesn't make it any less assholish. I can be curious about a number of things that I may not take personal interest in, and yet somehow reserve harsh judgment if it doesn't affect me or otherwise break the Silver Rule.

And a grown adult that seeks regular validation for their life choices, from strangers no less, is quite puzzling.
Obviously I agree completely, as usual, you said it better than I did. I'm starting to think that OP is very, very young, along with the insecurity that goes along with that. Anyway, what is the "silver rule"? Just curious, as I've never heard that term.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:56 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:

Which is hard to argue with given the # of posts in this thread citing agreement for said validation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships