Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 02:52 PM

777 posts, read 452,757 times

Advertisements

Not a man, but telling him to just go by himself and hanging up on him screams drama-queen.

Now, simply asking him "Hey, what happened to looking at hotels in City X like you said?" was a perfectly legitimate question. If he got snippy about being asked to do WHAT HE VOLUNTEERED TO DO, then he's a bit of a jerk.

Apologize for your reaction, but don't let him off the hook for what he said he would do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 03:42 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Im a man of character and I believe in not making promises you cant keep.

Old 06-30-2017, 04:20 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Ok I relent. If he had kept his word, he wouldn't have gotten hung up on.
I think he would've gotten that sooner or later anyway.
I still don't call anyone back who hangs up on me though.

Old 06-30-2017, 04:22 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I still don't call anyone back who hangs up on me though.
Yeah, no ... that's a baby beeyotch move.

He was inconsiderate, no doubt. But she sat around stewing in it all night and blew things way out of proportion.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:38 PM

783 posts, read 849,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomoon View Post
My bf and I planned on going to X city. He knows its my favorite city in the world. He is an audio engineer and he happened to get called for a project tomorrow afternoon. The city where he got called to go work is about three hours away from where we live. I was excited when he asked me to come along and spend the night and next day in this romantic city. Today he had a job two hours away and came home at 8:30 p.m. He promised me we would take a look at hotels when he returned home. When he got home he went out with his male friends instead for a beer. I waited for him all day to look up hotels and I am angry because most hotels are booked in the city center! I feel he doesn't care about this trip. I feel he left me hanging. I feel so angry. When he called me back (he was already at the pub with his friends) I told him I was angry and he should go by himself and I hung up. Did I overreact? Should I have been supportive and understood he was tired and was just wanting to relax? Its almost midnight here and he said he will take a look when he gets home! Part of me feels embarrassed to act like a teenager (I am not a teen lol we are way older) but part of me really feels like he is selfish.
Any advice? Should I go on this trip? Was I right on being angry?
Ok I'll break it down for you from a guys POV.

I am guessing he worked from at least 8 am to 8:30 PM. 12 hour day, hitting it hard, doing good work, bringing home the bacon for the wife, kicking butt at doing guy things. He went out with the bros for a nice cold beer to chill and relax after a long hard days of work. During the guys night out he calls up his girl and she goes off on him and hangs up.

Well from a guy that was a negative experience. Women are supposed to be strong, independent, don't need a man right? Is there any reason why you couldn't look up a motel yourself? Why did you need him to do it? Why couldn't you do it yourself? The trip was important to you right?

Ok from your view, did he know the trip was important to you?. If he knew the trip was important to you he probably should have taken a few extra steps to make sure things were taken care of.

From his and a man's POV. Men like to feel needed by a woman. We like to do things and be the hero for the woman that we love. Very importantly we need to feel APPRECIATED for the things that we do for you.
But we also don't like a woman that is completely helpless and needs us to do everything for her.

Old 07-01-2017, 02:01 AM

97 posts, read 61,670 times
There's not enough information here for me to say. Ultimately, the most important thing is that you are able to get accommodations for your trip. How far in the future is the trip? If it's close by and him not taking action until later cost you the ability to get a room, then no, you didn't overreact. If it's still the pretty distant future, then yes, you overreacted, because it's unlikely that the few hours he spent grabbing a beer with his friends is what caused you to miss out. After all, he said he would look at hotels once he got back - not that he would do it FIRST thing when he got back.

Also, who's paying for the trip? If he's paying for everything, I would let him do it the way he wants, on his own time.

Old 07-01-2017, 02:18 AM

97 posts, read 61,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
But we also don't like a woman that is completely helpless and needs us to do everything for her.
He or his job is paying. That's why she didn't book the room herself.

Old 07-01-2017, 02:22 AM

2,089 posts, read 3,907,683 times
That anger, at him on the phone and hanging up.

No.

Old 07-01-2017, 02:25 AM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
The things people read into a thread are beyond delusional. I mean it's just confirmation bias of the highest order.....

Our public school system needs to focus a bit more on reading comprehension.

Old 07-01-2017, 02:26 AM

8,238 posts, read 6,583,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever21_boogie View Post
There's not enough information here for me to say. Ultimately, the most important thing is that you are able to get accommodations for your trip. How far in the future is the trip? If it's close by and him not taking action until later cost you the ability to get a room, then no, you didn't overreact. If it's still the pretty distant future, then yes, you overreacted, because it's unlikely that the few hours he spent grabbing a beer with his friends is what caused you to miss out. After all, he said he would look at hotels once he got back - not that he would do it FIRST thing when he got back.

Also, who's paying for the trip? If he's paying for everything, I would let him do it the way he wants, on his own time.
She said in the very first couple sentences of her OP post that the trip was the next day.

She also said in the first couple sentences of her OP post that he just got assigned that day the project for the next day in the city she wished to visit with him.

"My bf and I planned on going to X city. He knows its my favorite city in the world. He is an audio engineer and he happened to get called for a project tomorrow afternoon. The city where he got called to go work is about three hours away from where we live."

Last edited by matisse12; 07-01-2017 at 02:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships