Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 07:37 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,791,044 times

Advertisements

Good for you. People like that are used to others tolerating their flakiness. I bet your response threw her off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 07:39 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,038,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Yes, absolutely. That would have been just fine.

The fact that she had to be reminded what time we agreed to only 24 hours prior speaks volumes as well.
I wouldn't read too much into something like that. I routinely have to be reminded of stuff like that, and routinely have to remind others too. Life happens and people often have a lot on their minds.

Much has been said about whether the point of failure was her being a flake or you being rude. I don't think it's necessarily either but I think both of you share some blame. I think she should have been more up front about rescheduling, but I do think you probably jumped to a conclusion prematurely. If you wanted to get to know this person maybe it would've been worth double checking her "flake" status before responding how you did. I promise you this: if she's not a flake then the poster who said she's thinking "I dodged a bullet" is spot on. If she is a flake she's already forgotten about you, and you're better off for it. The only problem is you don't definitively know.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:44 AM

437 posts, read 337,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
A 9:30pm date during the middle of a work week is pretty late.
He was too busy earlier due to his serious addiction to city data forum

And making a fictitious stories such as this thread. In my opinion, of course.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:44 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,830,560 times
The fact she had to be reminded and pulled the cancellation that the OP had to drag out of her would cement this as a flake situation and a non-starter. OP should just forget about this one and be proud he stood strong.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:49 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,410,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I wouldn't read too much into something like that. I routinely have to be reminded of stuff like that, and routinely have to remind others too. Life happens and people often have a lot on their minds.

Much has been said about whether the point of failure was her being a flake or you being rude. I don't think it's necessarily either but I think both of you share some blame. I think she should have been more up front about rescheduling, but I do think you probably jumped to a conclusion prematurely. If you wanted to get to know this person maybe it would've been worth double checking her "flake" status before responding how you did. I promise you this: if she's not a flake then the poster who said she's thinking "I dodged a bullet" is spot on. If she is a flake she's already forgotten about you, and you're better off for it. The only problem is you don't definitively know.
I hear you but again I respectfully disagree. As I noted upthread, when I had to cancel last minute on someone I actually called, apologized profusely and gave a specific date.

The manner and method to her flake was much different...and well flakey.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:50 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,075,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
The fact she had to be reminded and pulled the cancellation that the OP had to drag out of her would cement this as a flake situation and a non-starter. OP should just forget about this one and be proud he stood strong.

Yes, me man, me strong. I can't understand an obvious request to delay a first meeting because me clueless. Me man, me strong. Must put person in their place. Me man.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:51 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,117,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
OP should just forget about this one and be proud he stood strong.
There's a difference between "standing strong" and making every subsequent date pay the price for cumulative perceived rudeness of other dates.

Sure, she could have been more direct. But I think we all know from being on CD that 90% of people hate confrontation.

So the best we can do is temper our own reactions appropriately rather than falling into the same rude behavior that we're complaining about.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:52 AM

6,472 posts, read 9,853,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Saying she is "too tired to drive" is her saying she is too tired to go out that night. She then asked if they could reschedule.

Anyone with 1/10th of a clue understands this. Think people. If you're too tired to drive a little way you're obviously too tired for a first meeting where you have to be fully engaged with the other person. She told him directly she was too tired to meet that night and she wasn't listened to, the guy kept pushing.

But yeah, #fakenews.

Maybe you didn't read all of post 1, or you have forgotten that she AGREED to let him drive her at first by asking what time should she be ready, so where does that fit into your scenario?

She never said anything directly until the end lol

OP please use smaller words so everyone else can keep up and know whats going on. I think some of them don't even have the 1/10th of a clue Timberline is alluding to!

4,627 posts, read 3,410,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden87 View Post
He was too busy earlier due to his serious addiction to city data forum

And making a fictitious stories such as this thread. In my opinion, of course.
Wow, no, this is NOT fake news! This is EXACTLY how it happened.

For reference: here is another recent thread I created about a DIFFERENT lady. She rejected me and it all ended very politely and respectfully.

I guess she is just not that into me...?

23,175 posts, read 26,266,211 times
Maybe she was too tired to think straight and come up with a better way of handling it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships