Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 07:53 AM

6,456 posts, read 9,829,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yes, me man, me strong. I can't understand an obvious request to delay a first meeting because me clueless. Me man, me strong. Must put person in their place. Me man.

lol I guess some of us have different opinions on what "obvious" means !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 07:57 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,016,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
lol I guess some of us have different opinions on what "obvious" means !!!

Saying "I'm too tired to drive" is yelling "I don't want to go out tonight". It's not the least bit subtle.

Quote:
Maybe you didn't read all of post 1, or you have forgotten that she AGREED to let him drive her at first by asking what time should she be ready, so where does that fit into your scenario?
!
Read what she actually said, please. She was pressured by him after saying she didn't want to go out, relented to the pressure, and then asked to reschedule even more bluntly.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:57 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,434,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Met a woman at a bar about one week ago.
After a series of back and forth texts she pulls out of the date saying, "The thing is I'm tired and don't want to drive to be quite honest with you."
See, here is where you could have just said, "Okay maybe another time," instead of pushing the issue.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:58 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,363,611 times
At this point what's done is done, OP. You're going to find a lot of disappointments in the world of dating.

This woman shouldn't be worth your time making a thread about.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:59 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,296,816 times
I think an unnecessary, immature lecture was a small price to pay for knowing for sure she will never waste her time with
you. Good choice on her part.
OP, I do hope you get to experience actual real life issues one day and you also get to experience an unnecessay, immature lecture for a very long time.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:59 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,779,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yes, me man, me strong. I can't understand an obvious request to delay a first meeting because me clueless. Me man, me strong. Must put person in their place. Me man.
Or maybe someone can't understand a flake when they experience one. Agreeing to a 9:30 date on a weekday was a stupid idea in the first place. Canceling it with a hour or two to spare is even worse.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:00 AM

10,503 posts, read 7,059,966 times
Quote:
I guess it is okay in your book then that she just cant come out and say no and instead just lied previously with him? lol She should have just said no instead of saying she was too tired to drive.

I cant believe anyone would be so clueless as to think that's okay!
She's not borrowing money from the bank and coming up short with a payment. She made plans to go out and, push came to shove, she simply wasn't feeling up to it. Are you telling me that you've never had second thoughts about your plans for an evening after a long, hard day at work?

The truth of the matter here is that she was trying to be nice. And had the OP been gracious about matters and let her off the hook, he might actually be planning another date with her. And this one might have gone well. If she was noncommittal or canceled again, lose her number.

I swear some of you guys kill me with all your rules and hair-trigger responses. Dating is give-and-take, just like any relationship. Yet you'll turn around and wonder why you can't find someone.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
At this point what's done is done, OP. You're going to find a lot of disappointments in the world of dating.

This woman shouldn't be worth your time making a thread about.

It makes a good incendiary story though

Old 06-30-2017, 08:02 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,629,273 times
Having to reschedule a date because of an actual scheduling conflict isn't necessarily rude, depending on context and other details.

Bailing on something the night of because you "just aren't feeling it" IS rude.

I would assume she was ambivalent from the get-go, but didn't have the gumption (or whatever) to turn you down flat out from the start, and the "Well, I'm kinda tired and just don't feel like going out tonight after all" was the last ditch effort to get out of something she should have declined in the first place if she wasn't feeling it.

If you hadn't called to confirm/give directions, odds are she'd have been a no-show.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Or maybe someone can't understand a flake when they experience one. Agreeing to a 9:30 date on a weekday was a stupid idea in the first place. Canceling it with a hour or two to spare is even worse.

A flake is someone that repeats cancellations. Not someone that says one time they are too tired to go out, can we reschedule?

Things come up with work, with kids, with life every once in awhile, on my end and on theirs. That's expected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships