Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2017, 08:43 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
"No thank you. Take care and try to be more respectful of other people's time in the future. It is very inconsiderate and rude."

His response wasn't rude, IMO. Sure, he could've just said "Ok, no problem" but he chose not to.

That is beyond rude to me. Way more than mild rudeness. That is straight up being a Richard. Anyone of my friends got that and I'd be "Good thing you dodged that azzhole".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 08:44 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
"No thank you. Take care and try to be more respectful of other people's time in the future. It is very inconsiderate and rude."

His response wasn't rude, IMO. Sure, he could've just said "Ok, no problem" but he chose not to.
I agree. She had that coming and this was lenient compared to what he could have done.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I agree. She had that coming and this was lenient compared to what he could have done.

Right, he could have been an even bigger jerk, so it's fine.

And "she had it coming". Yeah.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:45 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,631 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:

Sweet Like Sugar, just so you know for the future, that statement is rude. Calling someone else rude, is rude. Especially when they were very very borderline rude. Calling someone rude when they were clearly rude is also uncalled for, unless you have to deal with them in the future or they're your children who you are responsible for teaching social graces. THEN it's fine to say "that was rude".

Old 06-30-2017, 08:48 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Sweet Like Sugar, just so you know for the future, that statement is rude. Calling someone else rude, is rude. Especially when they were very very borderline rude. Calling someone rude when they were clearly rude is also uncalled for, unless you have to deal with them in the future or they're your children who you are responsible for teaching social graces. THEN it's fine to say "that was rude".
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
That is beyond rude to me. Way more than mild rudeness. That is straight up being a Richard. Anyone of my friends got that and I'd be "Good thing you dodged that azzhole".
We'll have to agree to disagree. I've had people flake out at the last minute, and I just didn't reply to their "I can't make it" text. But I've also had situations where I've let people know that I don't appreciate them wasting my time, and I don't see what's rude about telling them that.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:49 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Um hm. And my guess is, she's considering using this in the future, to cut all the way to the chase and see what kind of guy she's dealing with. If she gets a response after saying she's too tired to drive, "ok, sleep well! I'll text you tomorrow to see if you'd like to get together", the guy's a keeper. Good litmus test.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:50 AM

Quote:
We'll have to agree to disagree. I've had people flake out at the last minute, and I just didn't reply to their "I can't make it" text. But I've also had situations where I've let people know that I don't appreciate them wasting my time, and I don't see what's rude about telling them that.
Just so you know, other people find that rude.

Sometimes it's just good information to know how other people perceive things even if you didn't realize it.

Telling someone that "you don't appreciate them wasting your time" is ruder than someone cancelling plans.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Um hm. And my guess is, she's considering using this in the future, to cut all the way to the chase and see what kind of guy she's dealing with. If she gets a response after saying she's too tired to drive, "ok, sleep well! I'll text you tomorrow to see if you'd like to get together", the guy's a keeper. Good litmus test.

Yup, simple, polite, effective.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:53 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Just so you know, other people find that rude.

Sometimes it's just good information to know how other people perceive things even if you didn't realize it.

Telling someone that "you don't appreciate them wasting your time" is ruder than someone cancelling plans.
No, the guy who I told about himself actually agreed with me that he was wrong. Not that he cared, but he did agree. I told him that he was too old for his silly behavior and that he needed to grow up, and he said "Can't argue with you there!" lol

Old 06-30-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
No, the guy who I told about himself actually agreed with me that he was wrong. Not that he cared, but he did agree. I told him that he was too old for his silly behavior and that he needed to grow up, and he said "Can't argue with you there!" lol

That really does not lessen the rudeness factor at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships