Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 07:10 AM

2,775 posts, read 3,761,356 times

Advertisements

I don't know why I'm posting here. Honestly I feel I shouldn't but, since I'm being honest, I don't care to burden my family and friends any longer with my relationship issues. Just know this is a vent post. Nothing more.

My fiancé and I started dating 3 years ago as of today. We started out fast. too fast. We were in love. She became pregnant two/three months into the relationship. Because of this, we had probably many more issues than your standard amount of relationship issues. We worked through them however, just like any relationship does.

I can't recall exactly when things started going south. I want to believe it happened the same month she graduated from college, back in March of this year. Before March, and heck, after March, we talked about expanding our family. We talked about trying for a boy and how when she started working in her field (teaching) we would look to buy a house. Everything seemed like it was falling into place.

During her college years she worked unpaid internships along with her school work, which left very little time to work on ourselves. I could only work one job as taking on more hours or a second job would have required us pay childcare, so we made do with what we had. We kept telling ourselves that yes, we are accruing credit card debt but once she started working, we can tackle that. No big deal.

One week ago, 7/15/17, she tells me she isn't happy. This isn't the first time she said this. Back in June (a week before our family vacation) she also said she wasn't happy. I asked her about that but was told she doesn't know WHAT she is unhappy about. We had good communication. We never fought. Sure we had our arguments but in general, I thought we would push through and solve them. I guess I was wrong. For the past 5-6 months she has had more down days then up. She struggles with anorexia, depression and anxiety for which she is taking medication for. I have been trying to get her to see her doctor about her increased depression and the fact the meds no longer seem to effect (positively) her anxiety and depression. She refuses to go. Then last week, three days before our daughter turned two, she tells me she wants to call off the engagement. I ask her if we can work on it. See a counselor. She says no, she's too unhappy to continue. Apparently she misses her single life and wants to jump back in.

So here I am. The day of our anniversary. The day of our daughters birthday party . We almost made it three years. My whole life has been appended. A few weeks ago we were talking about having another child, buying a house. Mere weeks away from becoming financially stable. The floor fell out underneath me. She doesn't even want to try, just cut and run when things get difficult. I can't cry anymore. I feel like ive cried it all out. Three days ago she took off her engagement ring. I still wear mine.

Anyways, that's my story. I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can tell right now. Sleep has been very erratic for a week now.

Also, this is a vent post. Thanks for reading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2017, 07:13 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Just do whatever you can to be there for your daughter.
Don't let any bad feelings between you and this woman ruin this kid's life.

Old 07-22-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Just do whatever you can to be there for your daughter.
Don't let any bad feelings between you and this woman ruin this kid's life.
Definitely.

Old 07-22-2017, 07:19 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
All I got is: don't blame yourself, be glad it ended when it did rather than more years down the road, and finally, a lot of people over the course of your life will let you down.

I feel for you. Feeling upended and like the floor fell out from under you is a good way to put it.

All you can do is pick up the pieces and keep going. You have a kid now. Good luck. Sleep is a big B, I'll give you that.

Last edited by Griffis; 07-22-2017 at 07:41 AM..

Old 07-22-2017, 07:41 AM

5,466 posts, read 3,064,977 times
I wouldn't want the mother of a 2yr old yearning for the single life around me.

Old 07-22-2017, 07:50 AM

783 posts, read 576,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredC View Post
I don't know why I'm posting here. Honestly I feel I shouldn't but, since I'm being honest, I don't care to burden my family and friends any longer with my relationship issues. Just know this is a vent post. Nothing more.

My fiancé and I started dating 3 years ago as of today. We started out fast. too fast. We were in love. She became pregnant two/three months into the relationship. Because of this, we had probably many more issues than your standard amount of relationship issues. We worked through them however, just like any relationship does.

I can't recall exactly when things started going south. I want to believe it happened the same month she graduated from college, back in March of this year. Before March, and heck, after March, we talked about expanding our family. We talked about trying for a boy and how when she started working in her field (teaching) we would look to buy a house. Everything seemed like it was falling into place.

During her college years she worked unpaid internships along with her school work, which left very little time to work on ourselves. I could only work one job as taking on more hours or a second job would have required us pay childcare, so we made do with what we had. We kept telling ourselves that yes, we are accruing credit card debt but once she started working, we can tackle that. No big deal.

One week ago, 7/15/17, she tells me she isn't happy. This isn't the first time she said this. Back in June (a week before our family vacation) she also said she wasn't happy. I asked her about that but was told she doesn't know WHAT she is unhappy about. We had good communication. We never fought. Sure we had our arguments but in general, I thought we would push through and solve them. I guess I was wrong. For the past 5-6 months she has had more down days then up. She struggles with anorexia, depression and anxiety for which she is taking medication for. I have been trying to get her to see her doctor about her increased depression and the fact the meds no longer seem to effect (positively) her anxiety and depression. She refuses to go. Then last week, three days before our daughter turned two, she tells me she wants to call off the engagement. I ask her if we can work on it. See a counselor. She says no, she's too unhappy to continue. Apparently she misses her single life and wants to jump back in.

So here I am. The day of our anniversary. The day of our daughters birthday party . We almost made it three years. My whole life has been appended. A few weeks ago we were talking about having another child, buying a house. Mere weeks away from becoming financially stable. The floor fell out underneath me. She doesn't even want to try, just cut and run when things get difficult. I can't cry anymore. I feel like ive cried it all out. Three days ago she took off her engagement ring. I still wear mine.

Anyways, that's my story. I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can tell right now. Sleep has been very erratic for a week now.

Also, this is a vent post. Thanks for reading.
Dude, you ALMOST dodged a bullet. Take that ring off and stop crying. A woman with mental issues and that kind of attitude...it would only get worse. The only real problem I see is that you're probably the one with the kid now, as you say she wants to jump back into her 'single life'.

I'm just going to say it even though I know that people are going to lose their minds. MGTOW. This is an example of why MGTOW is growing. This is a 'nice guy' who wanted everything women always say they want. And he was willing to deal with any and all crap that came their way. He didn't run when she got pregnant, he didn't ditch her because of her mental issues. Yet, here he is, alone, with their kid, while she's heading back out to 'find herself' (i.e. take as much **** as she can), footloose and fancy free.

Old 07-22-2017, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
All I got is: don't blame yourself, be glad it ended when it did rather than more years down the road, and finally, a lot of people over the course of your life will let you down.

I feel for you. Feeling upended and like the floor fell out from under you is a good way to put it.

All you can do is pick up the pieces and keep going. You have a kid now. Good luck. Sleep is a big B, I'll give you that.
Ha. Thanks. I'm trying to look ahead instead of backwards. It will be a battle in and of itself.

Old 07-22-2017, 07:52 AM

3,861 posts, read 3,152,805 times
Sorry ro hear. Is there still any hope? Did she move out/break up?
Or just does not want to be engaged?

Too bad you guys did not get a chance to have fun as a couple before being parents.having a child is a big game changer, and your girl is having a hard time coping with it.

With school, work, childcare, where did you find time just for you guys? Not all women know how to jump in and being a mom.

Are there other dynamics in your relationship? Issues with trust, outside meddling, money, not enough down time for her?

If its money, look for better pay.

Outside meddling, nip it in the butt,

Trust, without trust, there is no respect.

Down time, try to make life easier for her.

Her medication might be off as well, along with the added monthly blues.

Old 07-22-2017, 08:13 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
I'm sorry you're going through this, OP. Take some time to grieve the loss of the relationship, and work out a plan moving forward. Do you have a support system? Family nearby? It's going to be difficult at first, but once you make the first initial steps, you'll see the light at the end of the tunnel. Ditto Stan and Griffis. Try to keep things amicable between you two. Bad blood only makes the situation worse where even young toddlers will pickup on unhealthy co-parenting dynamics. She probably does need help, and perhaps, for your daughter's sake, you can continue encouraging your ex to seek help.

Old 07-22-2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
Dude, you ALMOST dodged a bullet. Take that ring off and stop crying. A woman with mental issues and that kind of attitude...it would only get worse. The only real problem I see is that you're probably the one with the kid now, as you say she wants to jump back into her 'single life'.

I'm just going to say it even though I know that people are going to lose their minds. MGTOW. This is an example of why MGTOW is growing. This is a 'nice guy' who wanted everything women always say they want. And he was willing to deal with any and all crap that came their way. He didn't run when she got pregnant, he didn't ditch her because of her mental issues. Yet, here he is, alone, with their kid, while she's heading back out to 'find herself' (i.e. take as much **** as she can), footloose and fancy free.
I cried the first couple days. Not so much for my failed relationship but because I know she will take our daughter. I'll miss out on all these days I love, waking up and seeing my daughter each and every morning. Also, what is MGTOW?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships