Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 08:06 PM

1,178 posts, read 685,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
If your favorite book is War & Peace and he read it... you might wanna run away. But if it was just a normal novel-length book, it is a point in his favor contingent on his future behavior. I read A LOT. If I was going on a date with someone and had their favorite book on my list already anyway, I'd probably just dive into it. I read fast, and I LOVE to read. I read the final Harry Potter in a single epic push in a hammock in front of my condo the weekend it came out.
It is not too long. I've never had anyone do that before!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2017, 09:58 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
If your favorite book is War & Peace and he read it... you might wanna run away. But if it was just a normal novel-length book, it is a point in his favor contingent on his future behavior. I read A LOT. If I was going on a date with someone and had their favorite book on my list already anyway, I'd probably just dive into it. I read fast, and I LOVE to read. I read the final Harry Potter in a single epic push in a hammock in front of my condo the weekend it came out.
Agreed! I am also a big reader, and read fast. If I had space and it was of interest for me, I might prioritize it too.

Old 07-30-2017, 10:11 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times
If someone mentions a good book to me, I'll often get it the next few days and read it. All of it. For an average book, that's 4 hours or less of reading.

This is becoming kind of a concern on this forum. It seems to me most people on this forum can't discern the difference between someone who is interested in pursuing a relationship from someone who is mentally ill, and so they think anyone who shows any interest at all is a creepy stalker.

OP, this man has some interest in you. That's a good thing, if you also are interested in him.

*don't these people on this forum have parents who tell them about relationships*

Old 07-30-2017, 11:06 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
I think that is sweet. Frequently I'll read books immediately after someone recommends it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-30-2017, 11:45 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,416 times
I think it's sweet too. It sounds like things are off to a promising start.

I think it's smart to limit how often you see each other in the beginning. That's a good way to pace things, plus it allows the opportunity for anticipation to build between dates. Have fun!

Old 07-30-2017, 11:59 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,336,686 times
I think it's wonderful,the guy I'm in love with I'm often wanting to know his favourite book or film.

Old 07-31-2017, 06:18 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,154,110 times
OP, based on your numerous threads, all of your overanalyzing and the metrics you have set up around dating (so many numbers!) could be your undoing. If you can't stop looking for problems and just relax & enjoy yourself (with a healthy, normal dose of self-preservation) then dating failures may become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Old 07-31-2017, 06:46 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
OP, based on your numerous threads, all of your overanalyzing and the metrics you have set up around dating (so many numbers!) could be your undoing. If you can't stop looking for problems and just relax & enjoy yourself (with a healthy, normal dose of self-preservation) then dating failures may become a self-fulfilling prophecy.
I agree

Old 07-31-2017, 11:03 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
Agree!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-31-2017, 11:12 AM

3,402 posts, read 3,577,158 times
OP, I know your concerns, and you are doing the right thing. Is always better to be safe than sorry. If a guy cannot take it slow, like he text you and couldn't wait for you to respond back to him before he sends you an email, that is kind of red light sign.

I agree with others that he might be sweet because he read your favorite book so he can relate to you. However, what happen in the future when you end up marry each other? You can't just use this one incident as like oh he is definitely a nice guy and the right guy.

You should take as much time as you need to observe the guy you are dating. If he honestly care about you and not just looking into your pant, then he should not have a problem of showing patience.

The beginning of a date almost always looks good. The guy always try to do so much to impress the girl. If so, the guy should be able to keep this up if he is serious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships