Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 11:47 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2MD View Post
This is so irritating on many levels. It's such of waste of my time especially when it sounds like he is on the verge to set up a date and time and doesn't.
Maybe he senses you aren't meeting him halfway and finds a woman who does. You can set up dates as well you know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 11:51 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Can't stand being lonely
That doesn't sound needy at all.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:33 PM

599 posts, read 693,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
How many dates have you gone on with dude?
Just one over a few weeks ago.
He recently reconnected with me after my reluctance since he ghosted me last year

Old 08-12-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
how many times has a guy asked you out, one that you were getting to know, an perhaps hit it off with, and YOU turned him down?

very true. how many times have YOU set up a date with a guy you were interested in, that seemed interested in you?

dating is a two way street. and sometimes you get stood up, or you get turned down. a lot of us guys have been shot down so much, anubis is holding a spot on the river boat for us.
But why can't he close the deal, why do I have to put myself out there and potentially look needy to only be rejected. F** that. I'm going out tonight with someone new, so hopefully that will help me to stop thinking about him.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:50 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,416 times
Quote:
But why can't he close the deal, why do I have to put myself out there and potentially look needy to only be rejected. F** that. I'm going out tonight with someone new, so hopefully that will help me to stop thinking about him.
Bottom line: He isn't "closing the deal" because he doesn't want to. Glad to hear you are dating others. I would forget about him, especially if he ghosted on you previously. You are wasting your time on him.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:51 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
why do I have to put myself out there and potentially look needy to only be rejected.
That's the risk that everyone takes when they're dating. Why would you be immune to that?

Old 08-12-2017, 01:57 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,416 times
OP, just to be clear. He ghosted on you last year, then after he reappeared, YOU initiated the one recent date you've been on?

Old 08-12-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
OP, just to be clear. He ghosted on you last year, then after he reappeared, YOU initiated the one recent date you've been on?

To clarify, he actually initiated the date with me and was very persistent, but I kept putting him off or simply ignoring him until I gave in(I know I screwed up). Then I asked him where he wanted to meet because there wasn't a date, location, and time set yet, 2 weeks after his request.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
That's the risk that everyone takes when they're dating. Why would you be immune to that?
I'm not immune to it, I never said I was, I just expected a complete follow through on his part.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
Bottom line: He isn't "closing the deal" because he doesn't want to. Glad to hear you are dating others. I would forget about him, especially if he ghosted on you previously. You are wasting your time on him.
I know, you're right. I fell for it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships