Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 08:43 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHold'em View Post
I see. So maybe i should tone down the way i say things?
Did you delete that most recent post? Because it was a perfect example of what I'm talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2017, 08:49 AM

65 posts, read 32,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Did you delete that most recent post? Because it was a perfect example of what I'm talking about.
It may have been. But the reason i was writing it was to say i'm not perfect. No one is. I was stating the good qualities of myself, because i grew up thinking about the bads. I've taken all advice given and a current statement has come up that i know i can work on. Rome wasn't built in a day but hopefully i can filter some of that behaviour away.

Old 09-01-2017, 08:52 AM

24,557 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
ACtually he was in a 3 year relationship a year before he was with me. Also he lives with both his parents. He has a great role model. i do see where you're going thought.

I agree. Thank you, i see what you mean.
So you'd be his second failed relationship. He probably has another 4 or 5 to go before he figures it out.

22 and living with your parents doesn't sound to me like it's the trajectory to create an adult. It sounds like the formula to sustain a pampered and self-indulgent childhood for another decade. At 22, I was living on my own and paying all my own bills. That's the path to growing up.

Old 09-01-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
It may have been. But the reason i was writing it was to say i'm not perfect. No one is. I was stating the good qualities of myself, because i grew up thinking about the bads. I've taken all advice given and a current statement has come up that i know i can work on. Rome wasn't built in a day but hopefully i can filter some of that behaviour away.
None of us is perfect. But you do need to regulate your emotions and the way you come across because to say you love everyone like family and always give your all to your friends and are loyal to a fault etc etc etc is not a realistic or sustainable way to live.

It's great that you've worked to overcome some negative parts of your life. Now you just need to find that middle ground.

Old 09-01-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
So you'd be his second failed relationship. He probably has another 4 or 5 to go before he figures it out.

22 and living with your parents doesn't sound to me like it's the trajectory to create an adult. It sounds like the formula to sustain a pampered and self-indulgent childhood for another decade. At 22, I was living on my own and paying all my own bills. That's the path to growing up.
In terms of living alone...im going to be honest and say even i live with my mom. Rent here in london is like £900 for one small room. In someones house or a studio. IT's very expensive to move out if you're not ready especially if you're by yourself. Most of us live with our parents still we are financially stable enough to move out and pay rent and bills. Especially now since the £ had dropped because of stupid BRexit

Old 09-01-2017, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
None of us is perfect. But you do need to regulate your emotions and the way you come across because to say you love everyone like family and always give your all to your friends and are loyal to a fault etc etc etc is not a realistic or sustainable way to live.

It's great that you've worked to overcome some negative parts of your life. Now you just need to find that middle ground.
I see. and no it's not sustainable you're right. So im thinking i may need to tone down who i give my time to and work on my issues in the meantime. I've got university to go back to soon so plenty of self-reflection. The only thing i hate about me is that I close off and i move on. Which isn't healthy and i try hard not to. I do admit that i think it's a defensive thing.

Thank you for the advice.

Old 09-01-2017, 04:49 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
...putting the other person first as much as I can is the formula for a successful long term relationship.
Well said, Geoff. Seems plainly evident, and it's a simple formula, but not often practiced.

I do believe you have to care for yourself as well, in order to properly care for others, but folks, just be mindful of your partners!

I also think that a man should strive to be the kind of man that makes his lady proud of him.

Old 09-02-2017, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Well said, Geoff. Seems plainly evident, and it's a simple formula, but not often practiced.

I do believe you have to care for yourself as well, in order to properly care for others, but folks, just be mindful of your partners!

I also think that a man should strive to be the kind of man that makes his lady proud of him.
Thank you

Old 09-02-2017, 05:16 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Ya' know, stop making so much out of this drama queen business.
You probably don't expect anything more than most people do.
This all just started because in your first posts it sounded like you were making a huge deal out of just a twisted ankle.
That turned out not to be the case.

Old 09-02-2017, 08:04 AM

It sounded like she was defending you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships