Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 03:13 PM

41 posts, read 43,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Don't reply at all, you have already decided to start playing games.
Six hours to reply, so what, you have no idea what he has been doing and the mere fact you are
snooping online to see if he is there are the actions of a 12 year old.
Leave the man alone so he can find a mature woman.
If I answered now it looks like I was waiting for his message all day. No thanks. I don't like games, but I also don't want him to think that he already 'has' me or that I'm desperate. I'll just wait til tomorrow morning and that's it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2017, 03:20 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by castilla View Post
In a relationship, I don't need constant affirmation because I know how a person feels about me. Now I really do not because I feel like he's hot&cold, so I'm going a bit crazy here. I'm trying to chill, I really do, but my thoughts keep going back there.
You aren't in a relationship yet, and unfortunately that uncertainty is part of the dating process.

You have to get used to it or get over it. But above all you have to keep living your life and focus on other things you have going on.

Old 09-21-2017, 03:23 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
If I answered now it looks like I was waiting for his message all day. No thanks. I don't like games, but I also don't want him to think that he already 'has' me or that I'm desperate. I'll just wait til tomorrow morning and that's it.
LOL

So answering a reply = "desperate"?

I prefer to treat people the way I would want to be treated. If someone DMs me, I respond, regardless of how it "looks." It's also how you show them the type of interaction you want.

Do what you want, but realize that you are making yourself crazy.

Old 09-21-2017, 03:26 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Okay, whatever you believe must be true.
bylpph.

PS ~~ You *were* waiting for his message all day or you would not know exactly how many hours had passed or how many times he was online........

Old 09-21-2017, 03:30 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,770,251 times
Quote:
Sorry but whether you like it or not, it sounds like he already "has" you. :/

Just live your life like it was before him. If he wants to see you again, cool. If not, then whatevs. Don't bother asking him about it either. He will probably say something like "I've been busy" or "you haven't been responding either". Eh. You can't win so don't bother playing.

Old 09-21-2017, 03:32 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,067,392 times
Quote:
No, I will answer, I said that I won't answer today. It's 11pm here and he took 6h to write one sentence while I saw him online at least 4 times (yes, I know, sometimes I cannot believe either that I'm 29 and not 16 haha) so I won't reply til tomorrow.

It's just.. I've never had this kind of experience without a guy eventually ghosting me. Every time a guy was interested he would message me a lot, plan to meet very soon etc etc..
There's nothing, and I mean nothing that turns a guy off more than a clingy, desperate "broad". And before the PC police gets on me with the broad remark, I used it specifically to explain someone who's doing what you're doing.

Stop being desperate!

Old 09-21-2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post

PS ~~ You *were* waiting for his message all day or you would not know exactly how many hours had passed or how many times he was online........
Of course I was, but he doesnt have to know that Unfortunately that's pretty unattractive to a guy.

Old 09-21-2017, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
There's nothing, and I mean nothing that turns a guy off more than a clingy, desperate "broad". And before the PC police gets on me with the broad remark, I used it specifically to explain someone who's doing what you're doing.

Stop being desperate!

You don't get it.... yes, I'm probably what you think I am, but trust me, he doesn't. In fact, he initiated most conversations, he initiated the one after sex, I never immediately messaged him back, I was never pushy, never messaged him longer messages than he messaged me. I'm a 100% sure I don't look desperate to him.[/i]

Old 09-21-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post

Just live your life like it was before him. If he wants to see you again, cool. If not, then whatevs. Don't bother asking him about it either. He will probably say something like "I've been busy" or "you haven't been responding either". Eh. You can't win so don't bother playing.
That's very true, thanks. I'll try, it's just hard sometimes when you almost never like anyone and then you do like someone and this happens, haha.

Old 09-21-2017, 03:47 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Of course I was, but he doesnt have to know that Unfortunately that's pretty unattractive to a guy.
This is not a joking matter, you need to seek professional guidance to help you figure out why you are
29 years old behaving like a 12 year old who just saw the latest teen heartthrob on a city bus.
Also, playing games is more unattractive to a guy, snooping is right up there as well.
It appears you do not completely comprehend what you have been told so far in this thread so, carry on as you will since you have already shown you will not heed any advice given from anyone because it is
all one big joking game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships