Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 11:04 AM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Yep. My husband would be like "Uhh, where's my wife!? You know I don't watch sports!"

We took one of those gender role quizzes for fun a while back and I was 60/40 masculine/feminine, whereas he possessed more feminine than masculine traits. I'm more assertive and dominant in some respects. We're very similar in other ways.

He can choke a dude unconscious in seconds, but also happily watch a chick flick and has no problem expressing his mushy-gushy feelings or getting sentimental. That's the cool thing about nuances and layers. Men and women have them.

My husband always says he is the chick in this relationship. And kinda like your husband, he can do all the manly stuff, he was a Survival Instructor, awards for marksmanship, and I don't know what you call it.... but he just uses all these pressure points in the dojo (sp?) and drops people.....

I LIKE the muddling of the gender roles, I find it insane sexy. I know my husband likes that I have the strong and kinda rough side, and then clean up and be all girly or whatever.

Upthread someone said don't compete with your man..... that wouldn't work with us, we are competitive, not what I would consider unhealthy, and we don't become jerks win or lose....

All this is exactly why you can't say what it takes to make the other gender happy.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 11:21 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
These comments are making me sick to my stomach.
Why do women have to care so much about this?
"What men like?" "What men want?"
These thoughts fill the heads of women that must have nothing better to do with their lives.

This topic males me laugh because it seems to only be applicable to the most basic types of males and females..... none of which are even remotely interesting.
I smell butthurt.

Old 10-05-2017, 11:42 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Yep. My husband would be like "Uhh, where's my wife!? You know I don't watch sports!"

We took one of those gender role quizzes for fun a while back and I was 60/40 masculine/feminine, whereas he possessed more feminine than masculine traits. I'm more assertive and dominant in some respects. We're very similar in other ways.

He can choke a dude unconscious in seconds, but also happily watch a chick flick and has no problem expressing his mushy-gushy feelings or getting sentimental. That's the cool thing about nuances and layers. Men and women have them.
Awwww...that's so cool - it's the equivalent of a woman who "loves to wear jeans but can clean up and look great in a little black dress and heels"!...well, maybe it's a little deeper than that.

Old 10-05-2017, 12:30 PM

2,669 posts, read 2,092,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I'm not sure why the replies are "needed," but it seems to me that for most of history, women have worked to understand and please men. It's time for men to start doing the work of understanding and pleasing.
Is that from "Foundation of Feminism 101"? Because they were doing understanding and pleasing men for so long they are no longer required to do so? They are on a permanent strike?

Old 10-05-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I'm not sure why the replies are "needed," but it seems to me that for most of history, women have worked to understand and please men. It's time for men to start doing the work of understanding and pleasing.
Clarallel you and Kim seem angry, what's wrong?

Old 10-05-2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:
He prefers emotional and physical intimacy and closeness over some silly "Give me beer, man cave, silence, food, and sex!!" *shudder*

Are you sure? Do you think he tells his friends that he really enjoys "physical intimacy"?

Old 10-05-2017, 01:15 PM

20,393 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
Are you sure? Do you think he tells his friends that he really enjoys "physical intimacy"?
Do you think that what he tells his friends he enjoys is more true, than what he tells and demonstrates in his actions, to his wife/girlfriend/lover...?

Old 10-05-2017, 01:20 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Clarallel you and Kim seem angry, what's wrong?

I don't know about you dude, but if I were a chick, or a person of color, I'd be pretty angry at society too. Heck, I'm a white straight male and I am for others.

Old 10-05-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Do you think that what he tells his friends he enjoys is more true, than what he tells and demonstrates in his actions, to his wife/girlfriend/lover...?

That really depends on him and if he is his true self with his friends or with his wife. I wouldn't know. But I doubt he thinks "I really enjoyed our physical intimacy" last night.

Old 10-05-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I don't know about you dude, but if I were a chick, or a person of color, I'd be pretty angry at society too. Heck, I'm a white straight male and I am for others.
Hmm yeah that's true I am sometimes as well, but it's even worse for people in a number of other countries.

I don't see where there's anything inherently wrong with the topic though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships