Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 02:46 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,016,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinPhilly View Post
I don't think I've ever done anything to make him feel uncomfortable. Everyone tells me I'm very friendly, yet very serious about my work. I certainly don't flirt with him. It's not like I threw myself at him. He doesn't even know I'm interested and I'm sure he doesn't even suspect it.

Why would I make him feel uncomfortable? I don't look like a monster, I don't wear cleavage or super short skirts. I'm well-spoken, highly educated and very professional. I'm not overbearing nor mean. He tells everyone (except me), I do a good job. Thence, I really don't see why I would make him feel uncomfortable. It's work after all.

I've never seen a man behave like this with me at work ... except from my last ex who behaved exactly like him before we dated.

There's tons of people in the office who could make him feel uneasy. I really don't get why a man of his age and position would feel uncomfortable around a 26 year old. It doesn't make sense.

I was attracted before his attitude turned bizarre. When I initially met him, before he asked me to go out for drinks, we spoke and hit it off quite well. He seemed really interesting. Even before that email and phone incident happened, he was rather pleasant to talk to.

That email and phone incident completely shifted the atmosphere.

Maybe he's as flustered by everything as you are. Maybe he's wondering if it's even possible that a 26 yr. old would be interested in him, and maybe he's wondering if he's reading signals right or not, etc., and it's all kind of turned him into a goofball.

But I can't think of a way that you can subtly let him know you're interested that way. It seems like you'll just have to take a chance and put yourself out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 02:55 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Not sure I understand, why are you infatuated with this odd man? Because of his behavior? He seems to be rather rude and a bit unstable. I don't think he is interested, and I don't think you should be interested. I wouldn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I have to admit that after reading all that I am surprised that you ARE interested in him.

Why??

What do you want advice about? It sounds like he has tried to make inroads with you but you have rebuffed him. So if after his bizarre behavior you still want to, ask him out for that elusive drink date.
My gut thought was similar, why bother, based on the story there doesn't seem to be a reason to really be into the guy.

I think the OP should let it ride. If he's that fresh off of a divorce he could have a bit much going on still, possibly explaining the vacillating that he apparently is doing.

Old 10-03-2017, 02:56 PM

1,921 posts, read 1,739,487 times
Well, fresh divorce .. It was two years ago.

Old 10-03-2017, 02:58 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
I can't cut off contact, we work together ...
Sort of ... not really though.

Old 10-03-2017, 03:03 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
He sounds a lot like Mr. "Where to Draw the Line?" from her July postings.
+1.

Wasn't there also issues with another co- worker or boss, roommates etc?

Anyway, I read nothing that showed he was interested. Leave it alone.

Old 10-03-2017, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
+1.

Wasn't there also issues with another co- worker or boss, roommates etc?

Anyway, I read nothing that showed he was interested. Leave it alone.
It's the same man from the July posts, so what?

What does it have anything to do with roommates for heaven's sake? How on earth is this relevant?

As far as I'm aware, it's highly irrelevant and don't tell me you've never had an issue with a roommate or another coworker.

You're talking about a roommate situation from a year ago. This is really irrelevant to this thread.

Oh and the other coworker I had an issue with? Well, turns out everyone has an issue with her, her attitude and how she throws people under the bus for no reason! Everyone is now complaining about her while I never ever said anything bad about her to anyone, unlike her. How strange! I just didn't know her habits, until I got a few echos afterwards. Again, this issue is highly irrelevant.

Do y'all think that other posters on this side of the forum don't have issues with friends, family, roommates or coworkers? They just chose to filter the content of their posts. You must be living in a bubble if you think other people on here only have issues pertaining to dating! Please. This delusion is unreasonable.

I know people who have issued with roommates, men and family all at the same time. It's called life. It has its ebbs and flows.

I went through a period where I had issues with a roommates, then I moved out, had an issue with that girl at work. It's life. I should not be shamed for being an actual human being and seeking advice on these aspects of my life. Nor should I explain myself on these past issues. I don't know you, you don't know me. I don't owe anyone an explanation as to why these situations happened as if they were a reflection of me as a human being. Surely not. This is as raw as one can get, since I post a lot on here. I prefer to seek advice from anonymous people, rather than drive myself insane thinking about it alone. It's therapeutic. To each their own.

Instead of shaming people for disclosing their personal issues or turning their own posts against them as a evidence of a supposed issue within them, why don't you simply provide your advice on the thread and leave it at that? You don't have to go through such efforts to prove a trivial point, which ultimately, will be forgotten once I close my laptop.

Last edited by LostinPhilly; 10-03-2017 at 03:31 PM..

Old 10-03-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Well, fresh divorce .. It was two years ago.
Without knowing what you know, try to read your OP here from another person's perspective. It doesn't really read like he's all that into you, I say this not to be mean, but as a way of trying to be objective.

What about him in your OP that you wrote would let others think that he likes you, because he gets a bit stumbled around you??? He could be attracted to you on a physical level and perhsaps he's wrestling with his senior position over you, maybe that could be a factor, but as others have pointed out, there isn't anything in the OP that you wrote that really signifies a true desire to get to know you as a person.

Old 10-03-2017, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Without knowing what you know, try to read your OP here from another person's perspective. It doesn't really read like he's all that into you, I say this not to be mean, but as a way of trying to be objective.

What about him in your OP that you wrote would let others think that he likes you, because he gets a bit stumbled around you??? He could be attracted to you on a physical level and perhsaps he's wrestling with his senior position over you, maybe that could be a factor, but as others have pointed out, there isn't anything in the OP that you wrote that really signifies a true desire to get to know you as a person.
I'm not saying he wants to have a marry me and have children. Of course not! This definitely isn't where his head is at.

It's not about being mean or nice. You said he's not interested, there might be also be high chance he's not.

I just don't understand his bizarre behavior then, that clearly shows he has a bias against me, which is weird.

Old 10-03-2017, 03:30 PM

Quote:
I'm not saying he wants to have a marry me and have children. Of course not! This definitely isn't where his head is at.

It's not about being mean or nice. You said he's not interested, there might be also be high chance he's not.

I just don't understand his bizarre behavior then, that clearly shows he has a bias against me, which is weird.
You missed my point entirely, the bigger question is why are you infatuated with him, that was what I was driving at really. Trying to get you to reread what you wrote and look within.

We can't control others, but we can control ourselves.

The crude truth is is that he probably just wants to bang ya, I doubt that there's much past that, but who knows??

Old 10-03-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You missed my point entirely, the bigger question is why are you infatuated with him, that was what I was driving at really. Trying to get you to reread what you wrote and look within.

We can't control others, but we can control ourselves.

The crude truth is is that he probably just wants to bang ya, I doubt that there's much past that, but who knows??

Lol, I was being sarcastic about the children and marriage It didn't come across as such, unfortunately.

Yeah, I got your point.

I guess I simply can't picture how a man his age would still think like a 23 year old (i.e: he just wants to sleep with me)? Which he probably is, since he acts like an awkward teenager. Maybe I don't know older men at all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships