Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 08:20 AM

1,199 posts, read 730,821 times

Advertisements

When you're mixed race you're always dating in another culture. Some people suck man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 10:13 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,584,462 times
I wouldn't mind dating someone who is black or middle eastern in herritage or race, but I very much doubt I could date someone who is culturally african or middle eastern, especially religiously practising muslims.

Am I racist? Sure, but just a healthy bit.
*******? I plead the 5th.

As societies theirs would be as evolved as western ones if their culture wasn't inferior. And as far as female genital mutilation goes I'd prefer someone with their bits in good health, I want the woman to enjoy me and stimulation otherwise much of the fun is ruined.
Anyone who thinks a culture that includes FGM is anywhere near equal to mine or yours? seriously?

Neither would I want someone who's been raised to view themselves as property or inferior to their man (i.e. me), that's just not attractive. I'd like to find a partner, if I just want submission I'll buy a dog.

As far as religion goes I'd prefer someone who doesn't follow faith blindly. I don't mind people who think there "might be something out there", but if there is gonna be prayers multiple times a day, fasting stuff.

Worse yet if she is teaching my potential future kids that the world is ruled by some ghost they can't see who has horrible values they need to follow and that the most perfect role model of all time was a murderous warlord and child-molester I'm gonna get salty a.f.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:26 AM

20,393 posts, read 14,667,898 times
SwedishViking: See I don't think that stuff makes a person racist. I consider myself a celebrator of difference and diversity and I know I lean somewhat leftish (except for the fact that I don't trust the government) in my politics, but especially on "social issues." But merely because I think people have every right to be whatever they are even if it's not my cup o' tea, does not mean I want to date just anyone. It's not (in my mind) discriminatory to have dating preferences.

At one point when I was a teenager, my Mom was in a relationship with a much younger Mexican man. He was an illegal immigrant and a construction worker in Northern VA and DC. His friends were at our house getting drunk all the time, and many of them were constantly chasing my teenage self. I learned to keep my eyes on the floor when they were around, because if I made eye contact, then a dude would not leave me alone. Nice, huh? But I learned...most of the ones that pursued me most aggressively, drunkly, and ignorantly, were from a RURAL Mexican culture. One time, a young man who had grown up in a big city in Mexico was there hanging out, and actually engaged me in conversation. He was smart, he was not inappropriate, and we had plenty to talk about. He was urban and educated, and he was very much different from the other ones. While it never went anywhere near that place, I could have probably dated him. I could not have dated the others. I don't much care for drunks who barely speak my language and don't treat me with any sort of respect. And sorry...but it was cultural. Not just racial, but cultural, the whole package of how they grew up.

Interestingly later on, my Mom's boyfriend became convinced I was a witch who had put a curse on him and sent bees to attack him. He also believed that owls were evil and would try to pluck your eyes out. I really don't need that level of superstition in a mate, either, though I found it amusing at the time.

Old 10-11-2017, 12:42 PM

494 posts, read 501,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinous View Post
My neighbor is a woman who is dating a guy from Nigeria, and another neighbor often criticizes her, saying that the only reason she's with him is because she can't get a western man.

But that would imply that somehow western men are superior to the rest. That western men are the only "true" men. That doesn't sound fair to me.

Does dating someone who is of another culture or part of the world imply inadequacy? I don't think so but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

No, but it does suggest that your neighbor (the one dating the Nigerian) doesn't care what others think.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:37 AM

25 posts, read 19,493 times
Whenever a western man dates a non western woman, western women accuse him of being inadequate. Also when a man dates a woman considerably younger, he's criticized. I think that criticism is justified. Personally I care very much what western women think about these matters. I once dated a thai girl 15 years younger than me. A western single mother aged 44 criticized me. So I stopped. I'm now married to a 42 year old and life couldn't be better.

Old 10-12-2017, 08:33 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Whenever a western man dates a non western woman, western women accuse him of being inadequate. Also when a man dates a woman considerably younger, he's criticized. I think that criticism is justified. Personally I care very much what western women think about these matters. I once dated a thai girl 15 years younger than me. A western single mother aged 44 criticized me. So I stopped. I'm now married to a 42 year old and life couldn't be better.
LOL...you’re joking, right?

Old 10-12-2017, 10:30 AM

20,393 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Quote:
I think you're tryin' to pull some chains.

But I only criticize it, if it seems to me like the guy was looking for someone he could manipulate.

If a western man finds a foreign bride who he interacts with as an equal human being, that's fine. If there is an age difference but she is still as much of a mature adult as he is, also fine. But if he is just looking for a pretty doll with a claim to purity that he can mold to his own needs, hoping a young foreign girl will be happy to be anything he wants her to be, simply for the privilege of marrying his American self...that I look at like

Incidentally the only couple I know personally in real life where a guy did this, after a handful of years when she grew up and acclimated to American society, she realized she didn't have to put up with his and they're now getting a divorce. Now she is young, hot, and thanks to his money, educated...her prospects will be limitless. He's older, more bitter, and looking at being alone again, as his manipulations failed to work in the long haul. I would not want to be in his shoes.

Seems there's no substitute for actually being a decent partner. If you're a controlling, philandering jerko, even a pretty foreign child-bride will eventually wise up and dump you.

Old 10-16-2017, 01:57 PM

25 posts, read 19,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I think you're tryin' to pull some chains.
Oh no. Older western women, especially the ones with kids, now that's what I call quality. I love how strong and independent they are. Why on earth would I want to be with an 18 year old? What could possibly be appealing about that?

Old 10-16-2017, 02:25 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
My neighbor is a woman who is dating a guy from Nigeria, and another neighbor often criticizes her, saying that the only reason she's with him is because she can't get a western man.

But that would imply that somehow western men are superior to the rest. That western men are the only "true" men. That doesn't sound fair to me.

Does dating someone who is of another culture or part of the world imply inadequacy? I don't think so but I'd like to hear your thoughts.
Date who ever you want. This is all silly sounding to me.

Old 10-16-2017, 03:27 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
bahahhaaaaa. If I tell you to date an ape, would you date an ape? I am a Western woman, my opinion is important!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships