Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 04:31 PM

11 posts, read 15,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
as a woman :

Is he just flirting or really interested ?
When will he text/call ?
When will he ask me out ?
Should I play hard to get or be easy going ?

As a woman, what annoys me most is when he talks about other woman or talk about where to make new friends..

May add more later
When you say he talks about other women, do you mean ex girlfriends or other girls he's interested in?
And with is he just flirting or really interested, what do you mean? Like is he just flirting for fun but he has no interest in seeing you. Or do you just feel like he's acting friendly and you're not sure if he's that interested. He's not being forward enough?

That's an interesting one, I'd never thought about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 04:32 PM

926 posts, read 674,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregfloripa View Post
Hey guys,

I'm curious what for you is the most frustrating part of dating or the part that you have the most problems with?

Also from a woman's perspective, what's the part that annoys you or you hate that guys do(or don't do) during dating, or at a first date, or even when they approach you?

Would love to know what everyone else is dealing with and what you find difficult.

Thanks guys!
For me, THE most annoying thing that I've encountered from guys I've dated in the past is them presenting themselves as they TRULY are.

It's not only annoying, but it's a HUGE time gobbler to date a guy for weeks (or months), only to find out as time passes - and when they think they have you reeled in - THEN they show their TRUE colours...

Old 10-11-2017, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy HalfNelson View Post
I thought I remember you posting you've never been on a date. How can you be frustrated with something you've never done before?

For me:

Flaky women
Ghosting (seriously, just say we don't mesh and be done with it)
Having to initiate everything (Right there with you Diss)
Mini-golf (lol seriously, I hate it. Whoever thinks this is a fun date activity please try and explain it because I absolutely hate this)

And I guess as a counter, having women think that just because I talk to them that I want to date them. (Really I don't. I'm just being friendly/social.)
Yea ghosting is a pet peeve of mine too. Do they ghost early on, like in the first few dates or first date? Or do they still sometimes ghost even after a month or two?

What's the part of initiating that sucks? that it couldn't work or that it'll fail or something else? or do you just hate the effort of it?

Haha yea mini golf can be fun but it's not that great, maybe if it's your girlfriend as a change of pace thing to do.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I tried old and never got a response back..so I stopped
Yea online dating is definitely a numbers game, which can suck sometimes. What did you send that they don't respond to if you don't mind me asking?

Old 10-11-2017, 04:38 PM

204 posts, read 129,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post
For me, THE most annoying thing that I've encountered from guys I've dated in the past is them presenting themselves as they TRULY are.

It's not only annoying, but it's a HUGE time gobbler to date a guy for weeks (or months), only to find out as time passes - and when they think they have you reeled in - THEN they show their TRUE colours...
Don't tell me someone invited you over for dinner and then made Calamari!

Kidding, Yes fake people are truly, truly annoying. I know people want to put their "best face" on in the early going, but to me that always seemed phony. If that's not who you really are, then when you're no longer being on your best behavior it just feels like a lie you've been portraying during the courtship phase. In situations like that I'm usually left thinking "who the hell are you and where'd the person I spent all this time getting to know go?"

Old 10-11-2017, 04:39 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Meeting physically very good looking, highly educated, articulate, professional women and there being no chemistry.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:43 PM

204 posts, read 129,564 times
Quote:
Yea ghosting is a pet peeve of mine too. Do they ghost early on, like in the first few dates or first date? Or do they still sometimes ghost even after a month or two?

What's the part of initiating that sucks? that it couldn't work or that it'll fail or something else? or do you just hate the effort of it?

Haha yea mini golf can be fun but it's not that great, maybe if it's your girlfriend as a change of pace thing to do.
I've never had a one and done, so can't speak to that. It's more the ones that either want to do a slow fade weeks/months into things or they give you their number, talk to you for a bit, then stop responding. That's probably one I should have added. Women who give out their number with no intention of any sort of follow thru. Just say no, it's not that hard. (As a caveat I do understand those that fear a guy will go all psycho if they refuse to give him their number, but that's a whole different issue.)

Initiating - it just gets to be tiresome after a while. I don't want to have to plan everything all the time. If you don't have any ideas but want to do something, say that. If you just want to be "pursued" say that too so I can stop wasting time and find someone that's not juvenile like that and you (generic) can find a guy that's into that sort of thing. I grew out of that ages ago.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:56 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,482,442 times
There are a lot of little things, but the most frustrating thing for me is having to be the bearer of bad news/telling a guy it won’t work. It makes me feel horrible. But I don’t want to lead someone on. This is worse when I met a man, saw he was a good guy, I liked him, but we were a bad match (for example I met guys I really liked before I met my boyfriend, but all were looking for a wife/to get married).

I’m done with dating. If anything happens between me and my boyfriend, I’m done. Not because I hate men, but because I can’t imagine anyone a better match for me than my boyfriend (I always expect a man just like him) and because I hate the process and don’t want to go through the search ever again.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:59 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,104,762 times
Quote:
Yea online dating is definitely a numbers game, which can suck sometimes. What did you send that they don't respond to if you don't mind me asking?
Depends..I try to mention something in their profile that we have in common to break the ice usually.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:59 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,620,773 times
When you meet someone you like and never hear from them again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships