Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 09:22 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,345,635 times

Advertisements

Let me preface this by saying: I'm currently seeing someone. We started slow but now, two months in, we're in a relationship, and it's going just fine.

Okay, so last night, a friend of mine celebrated her birthday. There was a small get together and I brought my lady along (she met my friend previously). Several of us were there and there was drinks, dancing, birthday cake, etc. As I was driving, I stuck to soft drinks (soda); my lady only had water. A band was playing. We didn't care much for the songs they were playing, but rather than be rude, we hung out awhile, said our Happy Birthday wishes, and after a time, split as I had to take my lady home.

Well, wouldn't you know it, guess who arrived shortly after we left? My old former friend - yes, that former friend. If you've read my past threads, you know who I mean. Well, I hear from very good sources that she's pissed - she's hopping mad at me. Why? Apparently she wanted to meet my lady, and (according to her) for two weeks in a row, I've been "evading her". Mind you, last week my lady and I went to this place to see one of my favorite bands, which she also liked - meanwhile, my ex-friend was out of town all weekend, she met some guy and spent the weekend with him. But she accuses me of "waiting until she was out of town before bringing my lady around", never mind that I only brought her to see the band performing!

So I think, what the H-E-double hockey sticks is her problem? She emailed me, saying, "My son's birthday is next week, we're having friends over...I don't think I want you coming" (her son and I had been friends - without any drama) Ok. Fine.

You know what? I've been doing pretty good staying away from craziness. What crime have I commited?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2017, 09:26 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Apparently you need to spend less time with these "very good sources" who are stirring the pot and feeding you gossip about this woman who won't let go and has a grudge against you.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:40 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Just ignore her. And keep your "lady" (ugh) away from your toxic ex lovers. How is that not obvious.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Apparently you need to spend less time with these "very good sources" who are stirring the pot and feeding you gossip about this woman who won't let go and has a grudge against you.
I can't help it that we have the same mutual acquaintances.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:50 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
And it seems you are incapable of changing the subject when they want to talk about her. Admit it. You love the fact that people are aware of and discussing your love life and that poor mentally ill woman wants to "fight" over you. But it's just silly for people pushing retirement age.

It's been two months. Dial back the drama and gossip a bit. It would be understandable if she bailed for this reason alone.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:50 PM

Quote:
When they start in on that woman who can't let go, just say, "Oh I'm not interested in anything she has to say." And change the subject.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Admit it. You love the fact that people are aware of and discussing your love life and that poor mentally ill woman wants to "fight" over you.
It does kinda sound like you like it a little bit, Rick.

You're almost proud of it.

If you REALLY don't like it, PUT A STOP TO IT. Refuse to participate.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:59 PM

Quote:
It does kinda sound like you like it a little bit, Rick.

You're almost proud of it.

If you REALLY don't like it, PUT A STOP TO IT. Refuse to participate.
I have said it repeatedly, I don't want to hear about it! And thankfully, no one mentions it in front of the lady I'm seeing - they know better! I find these things out later, when I'm alone.

Old 10-15-2017, 10:00 PM

Quote:
I have said it repeatedly, I don't want to hear about it! And thankfully, no one mentions it in front of the lady I'm seeing - they know better! I find these things out later, when I'm alone.
How exactly do you find out?

Social media? Texting? People corner you at work?

Old 10-15-2017, 10:03 PM

Quote:
How exactly do you find out?

Social media? Texting? People corner you at work?
Text or PM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships