Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2017, 03:02 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletwin View Post
Virginity is necessary to be sure the child a woman is carrying, is her husband's. I know, it didn't make sense back in history, either.
Hmmm.

Maybe for the first child, but what about subsequent children?? How will a husband EVER be sure?????????

Thank goodness there are DNA tests now, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 03:39 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Hmmm.

Maybe for the first child, but what about subsequent children?? How will a husband EVER be sure?????????

Thank goodness there are DNA tests now, right?
I heard some number in terms of percentage of families where one of the kids isn't actually from the bio dad. Mom was breaking some off on the side. Heck we have one in our extended family, one of Mrs. Chow's cousins. Supposedly he is unaware that his dad isn't his bio dad. I don't know, just looking at him he doesn't resemble anyone else in the family.

I forget how often is happens but it was a larger amount than I thought. Sorta depressed me to be honest.

Old 11-06-2017, 04:14 PM

212 posts, read 159,438 times
Quote:
"Experience" IS everything, in terms of life.

That's why we are here! To experience things! There is a quote by Anais Nin that says, "Your world is as big as you make it," and I absolutely believe that is true. Sure, some experiences are more enjoyable with others, but we are not put here with a pain-free guarantee.

There is 100% nothing wrong with having experience, and to deride someone for that is purely sour grapes.

Live or don't live, but stop trying to make other people feel bad for not living their lives the way you would.
Who said anything about deriding anyone, you can have all the experience you want but you can't expect for your future partners to be happy about it.

Old 11-06-2017, 04:24 PM

20,393 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screami View Post
Who said anything about deriding anyone, you can have all the experience you want but you can't expect for your future partners to be happy about it.
Why not?

I wouldn't consent to being a partner to anyone who had a problem with it.

Very simple stuff.

Old 11-06-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Why not?

Very simple stuff.
It's called different lifestyles.

Old 11-06-2017, 04:37 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
I have never been with a man who complained about it

But I also would never be with anyone who judged my experience as if I should be wearing a scarlet letter either.

IMHO, those kinds of guys who are threatened by a woman who has been with other men don't need to be in relationship with anyone.

Old 11-06-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
I have never been with a man who complained about it

But I also would never be with anyone who judged my experience as if I should be wearing a scarlet letter either.

IMHO, those kinds of guys who are threatened by a woman who has been with other men don't need to be in relationship with anyone.
Is it too much to want a future partner with a similar history to mine? What's wrong with a virgin wanting another virgin regardless if they are threatened by someone's history or not?

Old 11-06-2017, 05:09 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I heard some number in terms of percentage of families where one of the kids isn't actually from the bio dad. Mom was breaking some off on the side. Heck we have one in our extended family, one of Mrs. Chow's cousins. Supposedly he is unaware that his dad isn't his bio dad. I don't know, just looking at him he doesn't resemble anyone else in the family.

I forget how often is happens but it was a larger amount than I thought. Sorta depressed me to be honest.
Yeah....women are not really different from guys in "stepping out". You'd just think they'd be likelier to try to prevent the pregnancy...unless hubby was having trouble.

Old 11-06-2017, 05:12 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
"Experience" IS everything, in terms of life.

That's why we are here! To experience things! There is a quote by Anais Nin that says, "Your world is as big as you make it," and I absolutely believe that is true. Sure, some experiences are more enjoyable with others, but we are not put here with a pain-free guarantee.

There is 100% nothing wrong with having experience, and to deride someone for that is purely sour grapes.

Live or don't live, but stop trying to make other people feel bad for not living their lives the way you would.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Why not?

Very simple stuff.
My guess is that Screami is someone with a very small world who can't imagine anyone else's being different.

Old 11-06-2017, 05:26 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Yeah....women are not really different from guys in "stepping out". You'd just think they'd be likelier to try to prevent the pregnancy...unless hubby was having trouble.
Cheating on a married spouse is ugly, gender doesn't matter. Betrayl is betrayl. No one sex has a monopoly on loyalty.

I have never cheated on any GF's. Not bragging, but just saying I was lucky enough to not put myself in places where misunderstanding can happen. People who do cheat if they see the error in their ways and truly have remorse then it's fine. We all make mistakes and do stuff that we know we shouldn't be doing. My dad was one of those old school guys where in his mind it was just how men were back in the day. He didn't even make any bones about it. Heck, he brought around one of his GF's when I was probably 12 or so. He was married to my stepmom and didn't seem like he had any regrets about cheating. It bothered me on a few levels but wasn't much a little kid can do in that situation.

I learned how to avoid treating women like objects from that. Small glimmer of positivity from some crappy acts I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships