Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 11:21 AM

20 posts, read 31,485 times

Advertisements

If it were by an accident that wouldn't change how I felt in any way because he is still the same person inside. If he stopped caring about his health and gained a ton of weight, well I'd be blown away because he's very into health and always has been which is one of the things I love about him because I care about eating well/exercising/staying active and it's a huge part of who he is...so...I don't know what I'd actually do...try to get him back into exercise and bring healthy food around more and if that didn't work get him into counseling I guess...I'd exhaust my options for sure before I ever thought we were just too different to be together...although I am turned off by overweight but hopefully w/him it would be different...he does have this weird skin condition that he could go through some extensive stuff to have fixed but doesn't want to and that doesn't bother me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 09:48 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,844,483 times
Ask my wife!

Old 03-28-2008, 03:45 PM

893 posts, read 790,464 times
I disagree ...........beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Old 03-28-2008, 06:22 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,068,664 times
I wouldn't struggle to even make a serious relationship so yeah I am bound to be alone for the remainder of my life

Old 04-04-2008, 06:53 AM

295 posts, read 1,450,039 times
Everybody gets uglier in their lifetime. It is natural. There are sooo many more good-looking 20-somethings than 30-somethings. By the time people hit their 40s (for the most part), good looks are in the past. It doesn't take an accident. Smoking, exposure to the sun, eating fatty foods... Lots of things contribute to people losing their youthful good looks. Plus the natural affects of aging, such as growth of hair in unwanted places, loss of hair in wanted places, sagging skin, and the urge to drive impossibly slow... Life is cruel.
As long as the "accident" didn't add a whole truckload of emotional baggage that they have to deal with for the rest of their lives, it should not be an issue. I would tend to think that a woman who has been the beauty queen until a disfiguring accident would become so emotionally distraught that she was no longer a beauty queen, that she would become unbearable to be around from her self-imposed pity party (personal opinion). Especially if looks was the only thing she had.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:04 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,469,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruikshl View Post
I disagree ...........beauty is in the eye of the beer holder
Ha ha ha!! Nice!!

Old 01-30-2009, 01:32 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,853,800 times
Default Do Looks Explain This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.I.erin View Post
sorry to be sexist but i feel that most(not all) women would stick by their mates, and most men tend to think with their penises, and if would not leave or cheat would flirt or stare...really hard..... at other women...men are sick by nature...no offense
You are probably correct but this is because many women marry the wrong type of men. What is amusing is that when they get dumped, such men are easily able to get married again.

The statistics are clear. There are far more single men than single women and an even greater ratio of divorced women to divorced men. However, there are still a lot more men than women outside relationships. This only changes after age 55.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:09 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,631,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by politically_correct View Post
A friend of mine was so excited about his girl friend who eventually became his wife. She was such a beauty and my friend was so excited to be with someone who was so sexy and attractive. While there were other aspects of their relationship, the physical attraction on both sides was the big thing. Being beautiful was always what gave her credibility with friends and coworkers. That was her identity, the beautiful women. And she was beautiful! Tragically that was all lost when she got into an accident and now her beauty is gone for ever. Could you continue your relationship with your spouse if something terrible happened to him or her and the beauty was gone?
No, that's nasty. It's time to move on.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:39 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,024,188 times
I would stay with my husband. He's worth so much more than the way he looks.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:34 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,423,821 times
Soulmate no. Casual relationship yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships