Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 08:26 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,987,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
She’s not thinking, she’s just acting.
Same goes with you.

You’re using one another until something better falls in your direction.
Like I said - mutually beneficial relationship.

I did not say use her or disrespect her. Just be FB's or FWB. I did that with one of my ex's. We remained lovers for quite some time. Then I found a new girl and she found a new guy who she married. We were not using each other - just FWB. Lovers and friends. We did have that connection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 01:44 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Like I said - mutually beneficial relationship.

I did not say use her or disrespect her. Just be FB's or FWB. I did that with one of my ex's. We remained lovers for quite some time. Then I found a new girl and she found a new guy who she married. We were not using each other - just FWB. Lovers and friends. We did have that connection.
I would beg to differ about the notion neither was using the other.

You where both using one another for your own means, just because you share sentiments or elements between one another does not make that any different.

Disrespect was never mentioned, so i am unsure why that was even an element.

Old 11-28-2017, 05:28 AM

286 posts, read 366,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
We were not using each other - just FWB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
I would beg to differ about the notion neither was using the other.

You where both using one another for your own means...
You seem to want to call it "using" in order to say something bad or wrong was happening... unless you think all human interaction is "using" (which, according to your clarification, seems to be the case). Either way, it appears that your comment was a non-sequitur.

Mutually-desired FWB isn't "using" (unless you have a problem with it... but then that's your problem).

Old 11-28-2017, 06:24 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans63 View Post
You seem to want to call it "using" in order to say something bad or wrong was happening... unless you think all human interaction is "using" (which, according to your clarification, seems to be the case). Either way, it appears that your comment was a non-sequitur.

Mutually-desired FWB isn't "using" (unless you have a problem with it... but then that's your problem).
Or he could just be calling it how he see's it. Just like you are.

You're the only one assuming he means it in a bad way. (In this particular instance.) Just my observation.

However, neither one of you are "wrong" per se, it's simply a difference of opinion. It's all about perception and what that person's moral compass is based on. If you don't see it as a bad thing, it's not. Do you. If other's aren't comfortable with it. That's fine as well. It's not for everybody.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:33 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise of virtue View Post
Use her for sex, dont commit, kick her when youre done with her.
I pretty much agree with you but I also hereby nominate you for the "ironic user name of the month" award.

Old 11-28-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise of virtue View Post
Well yeah, didnt mean physically, kcik her, but kick her out of his life when hes done with her.
I mentioned respect in the light of this and other posts. While the word disrespect was not used, I chose to emphasize the point. I'm big on respecting women.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:09 AM

11,061 posts, read 12,452,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Just be friends with benefits and nothing more. don't spend any $$ and just enjoy. When you find a nice girl cut her loose. Enjoy your youth!
Awful advice.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Just be friends with benefits and nothing more. don't spend any $$ and just enjoy. When you find a nice girl cut her loose. Enjoy your youth!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Awful advice.
Why do you say that?

Old 11-30-2017, 01:39 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans63 View Post

“Using” is not a bad word.

We ALL use others for our own desires. People seem to have some idea that just because we share desires mutually that we are still not using the other for our own needs.

We are.
it’s why we are even bothering to have relations with others in the first place.

We all “use” others when we attempt to relate to them for our own benefit and gain something we cannot obtain by ourselves.

There is always and element of self involved to every mutual relation. Even in moments when we share motivations with another.

Without self to drive us we would never share anything with anyone.

Last edited by rego00123; 11-30-2017 at 01:48 AM..

Old 11-30-2017, 04:50 AM

4 posts, read 1,872 times
Just put her on rotation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships