Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 07:19 PM

728 posts, read 472,549 times

Advertisements

Trust me, I went through similar this year. I'm 37, she was 26. Bottom line, she can text if she is with her dad. Maybe she was at a mall with a guy, but it ain't daddy. A woman will string you along if you show her she can. It's clear you don't really trust her, once you start down that road it's already over. I'd move on. Seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2017, 07:25 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal225 View Post
I mean is it utter bs or what? Or am I wrong for second guessing her? Shall I just act casual and say ok no problem.
Quote:
I'm tempted to just completely ignoring her for a few days.....in my opinion, it's obvious that she was most likely hanging out with the friend or some other guy, I mean 5 hrs at the mall? And not even a chance to send me a quick txt to say she's busy. Would it be wise move to cut the contact for a couple of days?
That would be the definition of petty. At 33 you should be better than that.

Do you have two daughters???

Old 12-30-2017, 07:28 PM

69 posts, read 41,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
3 weeks??

With that and what you have posted, I would have already moved on (and have done in the past, and actually fairly recently).
She was out of the country on vacation.

Old 12-30-2017, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant17 View Post
Trust me, I went through similar this year. I'm 37, she was 26. Bottom line, she can text if she is with her dad. Maybe she was at a mall with a guy, but it ain't daddy. A woman will string you along if you show her she can. It's clear you don't really trust her, once you start down that road it's already over. I'd move on. Seriously.
Thank you, I really appreciate the advice.

Old 12-30-2017, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
That would be the definition of petty. At 33 you should be better than that.

Do you have two daughters???
Which part is petty? Yes, I do have 2 daughters.

Old 12-30-2017, 07:47 PM

7,992 posts, read 5,393,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Yep.

And OP is the father of 2 girls. I doubt a 21 yr old wants to deal with that.

OP--put all that energy you have on raising your two girls.

Old 12-30-2017, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post

OP--put all that energy you have on raising your two girls.
I have for the past 5 years....I think I'm allowed to have a personal life am I not? I can still raise my daughters ok.

Old 12-30-2017, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Which part is petty?
This is petty:

Quote:
...to just not reply to her text at all
... I mean ignore her for a few days or completely...
Quote:
I'm tempted to just completely ignoring her for a few days...
You two are a mismatch.

She could easily have spent 5 hours with her dad. But as a father yourself, you need to do better than trolling for college girls who are just starting out in life and most likely aren't going to be the serious partner you are looking for.

Certainly you can have a social life, but you HAVE to consider your girls' needs when evaluating potential dates and not just base it on who you want to have sex with.

Old 12-30-2017, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
This is petty:

You two are a mismatch.

She could easily have spent 5 hours with her dad. But as a father yourself, you need to do better than trolling for college girls who are just starting out in life and most likely aren't going to be the serious partner you are looking for.

Certainly you can have a social life, but you HAVE to consider your girls' needs when evaluating potential dates and not just base it on who you want to have sex with.
Fair enough. So how should I handle this? Reply to her and continue talking to her like we have, regardless of what may or may not be going on with her guy friend? I mean some are saying that I need to earn her respect--which I don't seem to have--by not responding to her. I mean really, from a woman's perspective, how is she going to view me if she takes hrs to reply and does it sporadically, yet I'm consistent, and even after this, I will be quick to reply to her as if nothing is going on? Yes you say I should be casual about it but like you said before, that would be disingenuous on my part so why fool her and myself? So based on these factors, what should be my course of action?

Old 12-30-2017, 08:26 PM

Quote:
... what should be my course of action?
I think you should back WAY off and not care if she replies.

You have invested too many feelings already in what sounds like a very typical college girl.

She will probably respond in a way you will like if you back off because she will miss the attention. But you should not view that as a positive sign. Wean yourself from this attachment an go on with your life. I don't think you should meet up at all with her anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships