Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can you tell if your female partner is getting or on her period?
Yes 20 76.92%
No 4 15.38%
Sometimes 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 12:49 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times

Advertisements

Fortunately, most women Ive been with had little to no PMS symptoms, so its not something I keep track of. The only time I can tell she is close to her period is when shes wanting to have sex a bit more often than usual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2018, 01:08 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,110,560 times
Every woman I have had a relationship displayed different signs but after a while it was pretty easy for me to know.

The easiest was a lady I dated and she lived with me for a short time. Her period coincided with the lunar cycle. No joke. We still cross paths once in a while and for some stupid reason my mind automatically wonders about what phase the moon is in when I see her. She also gets a little moody during that time... She even admits it.

Wife doesn't get many symptoms except the hassle of maintaining hygiene. Once in a while the cramps put her in a mood much like a migraine puts me in a mood. Fortunately cramps or pains that get to the point of being an annoyance are rare.

Last edited by usayit; 01-07-2018 at 01:17 AM..

Old 01-07-2018, 03:25 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
I have never had any other man tell me he knew but my husband knows. We take naps together and he says he can smell a difference. I was a bit horrified and asked him if it was bad. I am always clean so it freaked me out a bit, lol. He said no worries and he likes it. Anyway no one else has ever told me that. I think my DH is just very in tune with me.
Although I can't remember where I put my keys yesterday, I can't forget a ditty this gross guy in High School was singing a "hundred" years ago

To the tune of "When the caissons are rolling along"

You can tell
By the smell
She ain't feeling very well
When that time of the month comes along

We girls were all pretty paranoid for quite awhile, after that

Old 01-07-2018, 07:05 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,386,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
Ha, ha...but that is the quickest way to get a response out of a woman, "you must be pmsing" and whether it's true or not many women will have a comeback.
Of course - because it's a great way to disregard women and discount what they're saying if you can chalk it up to "hormones" rather than something "real".

Old 01-07-2018, 07:08 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,386,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Every woman I have had a relationship displayed different signs but after a while it was pretty easy for me to know.

The easiest was a lady I dated and she lived with me for a short time. Her period coincided with the lunar cycle. No joke. We still cross paths once in a while and for some stupid reason my mind automatically wonders about what phase the moon is in when I see her. She also gets a little moody during that time... She even admits it.

Wife doesn't get many symptoms except the hassle of maintaining hygiene. Once in a while the cramps put her in a mood much like a migraine puts me in a mood. Fortunately cramps or pains that get to the point of being an annoyance are rare.
Not really surprising at all - lunar cycle is 28 days which is supposedly the average length... and the actual timing of it happens by chance. Of course, women's cycles can easily range from 20-35 days in which case it might be a little harder for guys to figure out.

Old 01-07-2018, 07:12 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,403,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post
Nu uh, guys don't work that way. Any form of mythical code to decipher, and we give up.

Try "can you please do these dishes?". Better yet, if he works for a living, "if you do the dishes, I'll give you a back rub".

True. I find the best way to get my husband to help is to straight out ask him. No hints or tricks will work, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Although I can't remember where I put my keys yesterday, I can't forget a ditty this gross guy in High School was singing a "hundred" years ago

To the tune of "When the caissons are rolling along"

You can tell
By the smell
She ain't feeling very well
When that time of the month comes along

We girls were all pretty paranoid for quite awhile, after that
Eww...but there is a difference between smelling from poor hygiene(I have smelled woman like that) and what emits from your skin. My husband can only smell me when we are spooning. His nose is in my hair and neck. It's not like he can smell me across the room

Old 01-07-2018, 07:25 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,459,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I was a little shocked that my husband apparently knew that I was just about to get my period.
We have never talk about this and as I don’t care if I get pregnant or not I never track this so I was really surprised he seemed to have this “special knowledge”.

So then I starting to try to figure out how her knew and I was a little shocked by the fact he picked up on all these changes that I seriously never noticed.

Do men usually notice this stuff with out being told or seeing blood?

Or is my husband just paying a lot more attention then I thought he was
I know. But then again because I know what to expect, so I don't normally go there.

Good times though. But not always my cup of tea because they can be limited times.

I was but now I know the pattern. It is what it is.

Right BEFORE, not during, maybe after. I just want to put that out there.

Funny thing is that now he pointed this out to you, you'll be really aware of whatever physiological things are going on.

As far as the whole PMS thing, if that's what you're asking, I think that it something younger women, and certain women. I never had that problem, not that I am aware of.

Old 01-07-2018, 07:29 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,459,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Fortunately, most women Ive been with had little to no PMS symptoms, so its not something I keep track of. The only time I can tell she is close to her period is when shes wanting to have sex a bit more often than usual.
So this is common then. I thought I was the only one in that situation.

Old 01-07-2018, 10:28 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,729,878 times
Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post
Nu uh, guys don't work that way. Any form of mythical code to decipher, and we give up.

Try "can you please do these dishes?". Better yet, if he works for a living, "if you do the dishes, I'll give you a back rub".
Lol...... I work for a living.
My husband would seriously fake a heartatack or jump out the kitchen window before doing the dishes .....evrn though we have a dishwasher.

Old 01-07-2018, 10:33 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,449,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I was a little shocked that my husband apparently knew that I was just about to get my period.
We have never talk about this and as I don’t care if I get pregnant or not I never track this so I was really surprised he seemed to have this “special knowledge”.

So then I starting to try to figure out how her knew and I was a little shocked by the fact he picked up on all these changes that I seriously never noticed.

Do men usually notice this stuff with out being told or seeing blood?

Or is my husband just paying a lot more attention then I thought he was
Do you think men are so dumb as to not be able to discern patterns? I knew when my wife's period started almost to the day. It's not hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships