Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you choose?
-Forever Young. 9 47.37%
-Forever Wise. 8 42.11%
-The Dungeon. 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 05:26 AM

1,009 posts, read 2,210,979 times

Advertisements

Which would you rather have in ample supply?

While none of us can change our past experiences, or our age... Imagine you could.

You walk into your bathroom one day and it's not your bathroom, it's a dungeon. The door closes and locks behind you, and a genie appears. He offers you two doors, both will make you immortal. You have no choice but to pick, otherwise you will be stuck in the dungeon forever with nothing but a bag of twizzlers and an old boombox playing ace of base.

Door #1 is the door of eternal youth. You will be transformed into the exact moment when you were at the peak of your young life, around 19-21 years of age. Any physical ability you lacked, you will now possess. You will be young, dumb, and full of ***. You will believe you know everything, and you will feel like you could accomplish anything. Life will hold new wonder for you every day, because you will not really become jaded or accustomed to anything. You will not have much understanding, and won't grasp the 'big picture' at all. Your memory of events will be hazy at best, and no new understanding will be available to you. Your maturity is and will stay as that of an average 21 year old. You will feel great, look great, and have tons of stamina and energy. You'll be like this forever, and you cannot die.

Door #2 is the door of eternal wisdom. You will be transformed into an older, wiser version of yourself, around 80-90 years of age. You will have all of the ailments of a tired, failing body, and these will continue with you forever. You will not be able to improve your body or physical ability in any way, and as with the first door, you are immortal. There will be no hindrance of your capacity to learn (if you possess such a thing in the first place). You may continue to gain understanding, and you will have a very keen memory. Life lessons will stick with you.

After you choose, you'll be released back into the world.

Forever Young? or Forever Wise?

You have five seconds to choose, or all doors will become sealed and the genie will crank up the boombox and disappear. Quickly, you choose...

Last edited by chiaroscuro; 04-26-2008 at 05:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2008, 05:44 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,368,313 times
Forever wise. Is that crazy? Then again, I do love twizzlers! I could not go back to that age... and be forever young. And stay that way. Lifes lessons are a wonderful thing, whether we realize it or not.

Maybe I should pick the dungeon... Whatcha think??

Endless twizzlers?

Chi.. this is a hard one. I don't wanna be in the pain of an 80 yo.. however, if you kept your body healthy up until now, you may not be in much pain. I don't wanna go back.

I'll take twizzlers. Are we allowed visitors?

Old 04-26-2008, 06:09 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,494,501 times
i dont like any of the options! i would choose wise, but why do i have to be 80 and full of pain?! also i am only in my 30's now so i will have skipped over so much of my life. i would choose youth but not stupidity, and i cant choose the dungeon cause i need sunlight--sorry no vote from me...

Old 04-26-2008, 06:24 AM

139 posts, read 153,584 times
Give me youthful experience any day! Its not the age of the boot, its the quality in the fit. I learned this from a silver fox who refuses to let age limit enjoyment of life...

Old 04-26-2008, 06:28 AM

1,009 posts, read 2,210,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
i dont like any of the options! i would choose wise, but why do i have to be 80 and full of pain?! also i am only in my 30's now so i will have skipped over so much of my life. i would choose youth but not stupidity, and i cant choose the dungeon cause i need sunlight--sorry no vote from me...
Tell that to the genie.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:45 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,626,881 times
There is a genie in front of you; also a bag of Twizzlers and a toilet brush

I tie the genie up with the Twizzlers and tickle him with the toilet brush until he surrenders and grants me both eternal youth AND eternal wisdom.

There is a boom box on the floor

I take the boom box as I dance wisely out the door.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:12 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,835,476 times
It wouldn't make any difference to me which door I chose, because if the genie took my toilet and paper away I would be going through the doors with crap in my pants and I expect that would be the major influence in my life from then on.

Old 04-26-2008, 03:27 PM

5,781 posts, read 11,876,278 times
Default Like in the song...

..."forever young" of course because when one is young, everything appears NEW and FRESH, what a thrill! after 40 yo life seems to repeat itself indefinitely, what a bore! one is probably wiser, but that's merely stagnating, contrary to the young people who learn life through trial & error....

Old 04-26-2008, 03:33 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,180,569 times
What a weird poll. I chose #1 but I've always exercised commonsense and restraint all of my life. I would also be content with walking away from all three choices. I don't mind getting older. I don't wish for eternal life, not on this planet.

Old 04-26-2008, 11:18 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,786,192 times
Wisdom, hands down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships