Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 07:52 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
He sounds like a scammer.
Yep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 08:01 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
You should keep it up if you need someone to dissect your every sentence, intent, and tell you how you should feel. He's keeping you from making any connections at the online site you're at. I had a possessive "match" that did the same thing, view my profile every day more than once even. I blocked his number on my phone and at the site online. The glitch there was that it doesn't block their face if you check to see who viewed your profile. I believe he thought it would keep his face on my mind if I was looking to interact with any of the other people.

So I put up a profile pic that was an "out of order" sign, and changed sites. I quit answering messages from unknown numbers and learned a lesson about guys who come on too strong.

Delaying the in-person meet is classic "catfish".

Just forget him, you'll learn.

Last edited by RbccL; 01-20-2018 at 08:15 AM..

Old 01-20-2018, 08:07 AM

953 posts, read 843,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS_Lady View Post
... He told me: "I wanna marry you", "I can see how beautiful our kids will be", "I'll carry you in my arms all life long", "I'll be your tail and will follow you wherever you go".
This 34-year old man is acting like a much young person infatuated with anyone who will give him the time of day, but in addition he watches too many Hallmark and Lifetime movies.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:07 AM

22 posts, read 14,699 times
Quote:
He is really sick. He sent me his photos of him making the kidney dialysis.

And, although he has a handsome face, his skin is a bit yellow and he's very skinny.

He also sent me the photos with his parents and the pics of his house. And it's not a tidy home. A bit messy.

So he's not a scammer.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:21 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,010,136 times
Quote:
Hi guys. Hope you could help me with this.

I'm an attractive 30-year old woman. 2 weeks ago I met a guy on a dating website. He looks hot, is 34 and comes from another city. He has a chronic kidney failure. He is waiting for a kidney transplant and can't work now, as he has to do the dialysis 3 times a week.

Usually I don't answer men from different cities as most of them aren't planning to move and just want to spend a good time with a girl. So I told him that, and he answered: "I don't work anyway, so I'm ready to move to your city if everything between us is going well".

He asked for my tel. number and started to text me.... Every 5 minutes! But I need to work! And I need time for my child (I'm a single mum)!.

He started to text me at 7 a.m. in the morning till 11 pm. in the evening (only because I stopped it). That lasted for a week.

Usually I'm not like that but he was like a drug to me. He told me: "I wanna marry you", "I can see how beautiful our kids will be", "I'll carry you in my arms all life long", "I'll be your tail and will follow you wherever you go".

He wanted to come to my city but was scared. He told me he felt really nervous about that. He was single for a long me. And he had worries. What if I don't like him? What if he is too nervous to have a good talk? I told him it would be fine, no worries.

After a week of under-sleeping and under-working I decided to take it slow. But when I wrote to him that I needed to work, he still would text "When will you finish?", "What exactly do you need to do?".

So I decided not to explain too much. Once I needed to work hard on one project so I texted him in 6 hours after he texted me.

It took him 24h to answer. He was angry with me for taking such a long time to answer, that's why he took a break to see whether I'll make the first step and I didn't make it. So he was salty. I texted him that I texted last, so why should I text again?

And he texts: "I write my texts with passion and love and you are just being there. You don't show any real interest. It's also ok to text twice."

That's not true, cause I showed interest and invited him to my city at the weekend. He even booked the hotel. And he wrote to me that it's not real interest from my side. That I should have texted him that I really miss him, etc.

And I told him that it's fake to write about true feelings before you see somebody. I wanna be honest, not fake.

He texted to me: "Am I fake? Thanks. I'm not".

Then I wrote to him that he is probably afraid of loneliness and that's why he has to text every minute.

He texted: "I AM afraid of loneliness. But I don't need to text every minute. It's high time that you show some feelings".

I texted to him the next day, telling him about my day and asking about his plans for the day.

He hasn't texted back yet. It has been 5 days since the last text.

But he checks my profile online every day.

I feel like I got addicted to him. But then I realize there's some kind of manipulation from his side.

Looks like he's got Borderline personality disorder. He has lost his driving license because of the impulsive driving fast and he can't stand loneliness. And these sudden mood swings...

Should I text first? I kind of miss him..

Oh dear God, you need to let this train wreck go! There is something mentally wrong with this person.Don't you see that?Don't you feel that since you have yet to meet and he's going on and on about this texting.He knows that you work YET he wants you to constantly be in communication with him.He doesn't want to understand where you're coming from.You need to not deal with this person any longer.He has some serious issues that will become YOUR issues IF you allow this guy into your life.ALSO...him telling you that he loves you...don't you think that's STRANGE since you have yet to meet AND you only were communicating with him...HOW LONG?? before he said he loved you?That is weird and a HUGE red flag.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:27 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Quote:
Exactly what I was thinking. Abort mission.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:53 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:

And, although he has a handsome face, his skin is a bit yellow and he's very skinny.

He also sent me the photos with his parents and the pics of his house. And it's not a tidy home. A bit messy.

So he's not a scammer.
He's acting exactly like a scammer, and has set up the perfect back story.

He just hasn't scammed you YET.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:55 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,083,450 times
Quote:

So he's not a scammer.

Now you made me feel sorry for him too.

You still cant neglect your kid or yourself over it. Ignore his texts until you are on a break, off work and on downtime with the kid for the day. Maybe he'll get the hint. and understand that just because his life is stationary it doesn't mean that yours is too. If he wants to be childish and not text you for 24 hours - hey! Okay, you got a day off, lol.

I hope he gets his transplant, and you both can get back to something more normal.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:56 AM

22 posts, read 14,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
He's acting exactly like a scammer, and has set up the perfect back story.

He just hasn't scammed you YET.
I think he just has mental issues. I would define this as a Borderline Personality Disorder.

Of course there are many scammers out there on dating websites, but he's not the case. I also think he will not come back.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:58 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,083,450 times
Quote:
I think he just has mental issues. I would define this as a Borderline Personality Disorder.

Of course there are many scammers out there on dating websites, but he's not the case. I also think he will not come back.

No, I think he's perfectly normal for someone who seems to truly be in a bad situation. Try not to hitch your star to his wagon, for its wheels may not be turning much longer. It's great if you can be his friend though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships